The Block – Josh And Jenna Are At Each Others Throats

Thankfully for Josh and Jenna The Block is wrapping up, as their relationship is fraying around the edges. They both need some time to calm the fuck down.

I am one of the few fans of this couple. I like their design aesthetic, and also they are pretty mature for people in their early twenties. However tonight I did think Josh was being a prick. He just gets into a monotonal rant at her. The issue was the landscaping on their back yard, and what plants to buy. This occurred at Mitre 10 and continued on in the car on the way home.

This pair are not as bad the warring couple on The Amazing Race Australia, Chris and Anastasia who broke up after being on the show, but The Block is putting pressure on their relationship.

In an interview I read Josh said he wants to marry Jenna as he thinks there is no one else like her. It will be interesting to see if this occurs.

Keith appears to be getting on the contestants nerves, but he does have the responsibility of making the sure the houses are up to a standard to be sold.

I doubt he will maintaining any long term friendships with the contestants. Keith really is the unlikeliest TV star.

The Block is getting huge ratings, what is it that is making you watch and like it this year? Is it the timeslot? The Contestants? Shelley Craft and Scott Cam? Or the new challenges they have slotted in?

1 Heléna { 08.10.11 at 11:57 pm }

I love all the contestants, so we will be happy with whoever wins, and sad for the rest :/ I’m sure Josh and Jenna will be fine, outside the stresses of doing the show, with those tight deadlines I do find her very compelling and think he is lovely too :)

2 Dazza { 08.11.11 at 7:11 am }

If I was a potential buyer, I would be saying thank you to Keith because otherwise there would be some very dodgy renovations going on.

3 PollyB { 08.11.11 at 7:36 am }

There wouldn’t be such dodgy renovations with more realistic time frames. And expecting scaffold to be erected by inexperienced people who weigh about 60kg wringing wet is outrageous and highly dangerous. Good for Amie for refusing to erect it.
I watch it, like MC, on IQ ffwd, but don’t class any of these shows as reality. They are drawn out advertisements, and I don’t care because advertisements have minimal effect on my opinions and spending habits. But, if the ‘stars’ want to be pimped on TV they can cop it sweet. And the people who get sucked in and buy these properties because they were on The Block, they are just the suckers these shows rely on, and they bought into the advertising to the nth degree. Stiff bickies, if they buy a lemon, I say.
I don’t know why I’m still watching but probably because there is not much else on. It’s certainly not for Craft or Cam! Or those ridiculous challenges.

4 akris { 08.11.11 at 10:16 am }

Agree with PollyB, definitely not for the challenges.. although I liked the Price is Right Real estate one last week.

I like Renovating/design shows that’s why.. although have tried but have not gotten into Top design and renovators.. maybe it’s a case of too much reality tv especially with the same genre.

I didn’t really watch The block in detail last night… but i thought Jenna was being a baby the other night.. When she changed the entire plans and then expected to just leave Josh out of the decisions…!?!? That’s how a primary/high school kid would react.

5 Dutch Courage { 08.11.11 at 12:20 pm }

I think 80% of last night’s show consisted of contestants bickering and whinging. Other than some very dodgy paintwork I didn’t see any real work going on. This show is no where near as informative as Renovators unless you are a relationship counseler of corse….

6 Miss Piggy { 08.11.11 at 3:39 pm }

I actally watch this show less religiously than I used to as the challenges drive me bonkers – why can’t they just renovate! So much better to watch. That said I do like to tune in and watch Jenna have a spaz out & I make my hubby watch it too – just to proove I’m actually not as ranty as he thinks! Thanks Jenna – I owe you one.

7 Dutch Courage { 08.11.11 at 7:42 pm }

Miss Piggy, you might not be that ranty but making your hubby watch a show like The Block must be a prettypainful experience for him. I hope he can make a few decisions for himself….

8 sue { 08.11.11 at 10:31 pm }

I watch to see a tiny bit of renovating (which is all they usually show) and to see who annoys me most each nite out of Josh & Jenna- it was Jenna to start with, by these days we tend to find Josh more annoying/rude/arrogant/pick an uncomplimentary word :)

9 Block Fan { 08.12.11 at 10:10 am }

I started out enjoying seeing Josh and Jenna lose the plot but now its become really uncomfortable and not pleasant to watch, their antics are really cringe worthy…I enjoy the other couples and what little renovating we do get to see. Scotty and Keith are great. Shelley is obviously a nice person but she can be annoying and the challenge nights seem like fillers/a waste of time…I would rather be seeing renovating.

10 PollyB { 08.12.11 at 11:15 am }

The editing of this is as bad as MC now. At the presentation, they showed us photos of finished exteriors before they have finished in TV time. Proves all the bickering is cut and paste to drag this out. The finale is on August 21st, does that mean the show runs all of next week too?
Keith is really showing how full of self importance he is. And calling Amie darlin whilst trying to point out misgivings in her work. Condescending passive aggressive pig! Love Amie just not buying into his crap.

11 akris { 08.12.11 at 11:42 am }

@PolylB: actually from what I recall it was only Polly and Waz that had finished exteriors at the presentation and that was because they said in the episode that they used their computer skills to add the garden in the background.

12 PollyB { 08.12.11 at 11:55 am }

akris – There was a shot of all the housea with the front exteriors finished. I rewound it! :-)

13 akris { 08.12.11 at 11:58 am }

ohh ok.. well i won’t bother watching it again to check.. haha

but to me the most disappointing reality show is still Masterchef.. which makes me sad coz i was such a fan.

14 Reality Raver { 08.12.11 at 12:09 pm }

Polly B – yes there was a shot. Also on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au you can see the finished houses online.

Last night was like The Hills with all the set up scenes. First was the one with the cheap quarry tiles where Josh had to “convince” the other teams to sign up to get a cheap deal. the other was the security alarm from Chubb.

15 PollyB { 08.12.11 at 12:17 pm }

I watched MC UK first, so MC Oz has been a big disappointment as I watch for food, not the competition.

16 PollyB { 08.12.11 at 12:42 pm }

Hi RR
Yeh, having it on the real estate web is one thing, but showing it last night, well. I’m over the stupid editing and those dumb challenges!

17 some random { 08.12.11 at 9:10 pm }

MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! just reading the title, not the article, but if they are gonna go at each others throats, do we have to see it?????? This is like a soap opera, always fighting, drama, drama, drama……. I wish they would shut up!!

18 Moo { 08.14.11 at 6:47 pm }

Personally, I think The Block is such an amateurish production.

I’ve watched a few episodes but I simply can’t get into it. There are two things that really grind my gears. First, all of the contestants are either unbearably annoying or boring to watch, and second, it feels like I’m listening to Video Hits with all the pop songs that are on constant rotation in the background. I’m not sure what’s worse, that or all those annoying and repetitive background sound FX on MasterChef/The Renovators.

19 Larry { 08.16.11 at 1:02 pm }

The challenges are annoying but Shelley is more annoying, hopefully they will replace her next year. Scott Cam is good and yes, Keith is doing his job but his lack of diplomacy has shown Australia he is just a chump in the end. I feel overall Jenna is a bit of a nightmare because it’s either her way or the highway. Josh tries to put up a good fight but obviously crumbles when the tears come rolling down. I don’t think they are marriage material. They are in their early twenties they still have alot of living to do. Jenna needs an older man to put her into line. Josh needs a girl who will be on his team – he runs a good team – you can’t run a good team solo. I’m very happy Rod and T won the backyard gift but overall I love Josh & Jenna’s design followed closely by the girls. Overall the girls are my fav, for some reason I have really enjoyed their ride – I wonder if they will pop up anywhere else on telly? Waz is a classic, have enjoyed watching him too. I will miss watching everyone on telly, thanks guys, you have been an amazing Block this year. I will really miss it :(

20 Anonymous { 09.07.11 at 8:41 pm }