The Voice On GO Gets Good Ratings

Channel Nine must be happy with the ratings they got for the US version of The Voice which was on GO last night. In reality TV blogger fail I thought it was on tonight, so will be onto it next week.

Channel Nine will be producing an Australian version of the show to be on our screens in 2012, and they will be hoping it is a success. As yet there is no news on judges or host of the show.

The ratings peaked at over 537,000 viewers, which meant it was the highest ever digital TV only launch for GO.

This singing competition features four super coaches:Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green and Blake Shelton.

The Voice starts with Blind Auditions, where the coaches have their backs turned as the artists sing. When a coach likes a voice they hit a button, their chair turns around, and the artist lands a spot on the coach’s team. But if more than one coach turns around they have to sell their expertise to the artist, who picks the one to work with. If none of the coaches push the button, the artist goes home.

The Voice screens on GO! Tuesdays at 7.30pm.

It should be a nice change from all the renovations shows on our screens at the moment.

1 Susan { 08.11.11 at 11:56 am }

I stumbled on this doing a channel flick – Loved it!!!
Will be watching again for the spunk factor – especially Adam Levine!

2 Izobel2 { 08.11.11 at 4:29 pm }

I watched the Voice & Bachelorette, so Go! kept me entertained for 4 hours! The Voice was a welcome change as I haven’t seen a singing show in a while due to not having Foxtel. The judges were good too, as they weren’t like Gary George etc, nice to see someone new that I didn’t know. I thought the talent was good too. And I lovvvee Bachelorette. Ok I’m a reality tv junky and I’m proud to admit it!

3 brain dead dave { 08.11.11 at 5:00 pm }

Christine $haguilera can hold my microphone anytime,as Hedge Hay might say. Got any beer?

World’s Strictest Parents was good last night.

4 Reality Raver { 08.11.11 at 5:11 pm }

BDD – I meant to have a look at that but my Fox IQ was full from The Block and the renovators, can only record two things at once.

Izobel2 – Embrace your reality TV addiction, I will be on The voice next week, and will probably start recaps.

Susan I am going to have to check this Adam Levine out.

5 Anna { 08.11.11 at 5:34 pm }

Check out Adam and don’t forget to check out Blake.

6 Doops { 08.12.11 at 3:10 am }

This show is pretty awesome.
I must admit the casting for the judges being Cee Lo, Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine and Blake was pretty awesome.

Plus it doesn’t hurt that I enjoy listening to most of their songs.

7 AnonyMousse { 08.12.11 at 7:20 pm }

I flicked channels and saw it when it was around 2/3rds over. Wondering who Adam was, I googled The Voice and selected the first link.

Suffice to say, 3 seconds later I now knew who’d win this season (should’ve selected the wiki entry instead), so I guess there goes all the tension for me.

8 Reality Raver { 08.13.11 at 3:42 pm }

Anonymousse – the downside of having delayed telecast from the US.