Masterchef Australia – Wrap Up

OK it has been five days since the final, and there has been mound of publicity this week so here some links to stories about Masterchef:

Masterchef winner Kate Bracks supports the lockdown of contestants. (Source: TV Tonight)

David Mott, Programming Director for Network Ten writes a guest post for Mumbrella about his decision to program The Renovators in the middle of the Masterchef Finale grandfinal. TV Tonight responds to some of the points David writes in his article.

The Daily Telegraph has a picture gallery showcasing where are they now. Alana Lowe reveals she wants to do food and travel writing, I suspect she may have difficulty unless she is a very good writer. Coming third appears to be a bit of a poison chalice, Clair Winton Burns writing career tanked. Chris Badenoch has done much better with his Josie Bones beer bar.

Matt Preston is currently in India promoting Masterchef Australia. With all the sniping, mine included, which other reality show has gone international like this one?

If you want to hook up with runner-up Michael Weldon go to the Woman’s Day page and leave a message.

In non-surprising news the winner Kate Bracks doesn’t want to be a chef, as she has said she would like to own a B & B. (Source: Woman’s Day). She also says in the same article (hard copy) that the idea of a doing a cookbook “freaks her out”. We still don’t know what type of cookbook she will be producing.

Here is an interview with Michael Weldon from Pop Sugar speaking about a lot of things including his bromance with Hayden Quinn.

If you see any interesting articles etc, put the link here.

1 brain dead dave { 08.12.11 at 11:42 am }

Maybe the people of India will worship Matt Preston,thinking he’s a cravatted incarnation of Ganesh(elephant)

2 brandy { 08.12.11 at 12:30 pm }

She said in an ep of the show she will of course be doing Desserts for her cookbook.

3 Culinary Boner { 08.12.11 at 12:31 pm }

bdd, but only groping George and Gary have the multiple arms also needed for some versions of this deity

4 Chunks { 08.12.11 at 12:37 pm }

Please, no, BDD. For some reason that caused me to imagine George as Vishnu, shirtless and coloured blue from top to toe.

5 brain dead dave { 08.12.11 at 12:58 pm }

In India it’ll be called Mayachef.

You’d think some enterprising paparazzi might have followed Matt Preston to get snaps of him having a tub in the Ganges and breaking the levees.

6 Jo { 08.12.11 at 3:28 pm }

I think Kate mentioned that it would be a dessert cookbook with relatively simple and easy recipes for a regular home cook (so no gingerbread house-esque recipes), probably similar to the Pear and Almond Crumble that she made on The Circle.

7 Culinary Boner { 08.12.11 at 3:35 pm }

Jo, words dessert me…just the sort of cookbook I wont be buying. Girl’s stuff

8 brain dead dave { 08.12.11 at 4:59 pm }

I love-“relatively simple and easy recipes for a regular home cook” ie way too difficult for Ma$terchef contestants.

9 dmc { 08.12.11 at 9:03 pm }

Paul was right. Nobody remembers the winner once the show ends. Who won again?

10 Moo { 08.13.11 at 2:36 am }

I think first place in MasterChef is the “poison chalice.”

Julie has virtually withered into oblivion after her disaster cookbook was released (the cover of which still gives me nightmares), and now only makes sporadic appearances on random Channel 10 talk shows, as if she believes Australia still gives a rat’s ass about her. As for Adam, well, nobody has heard anything from him, and the fact that he wasn’t invited to the MasterChef Season 3 grand finale sums it all up.

And, honestly, I can’t see Kate selling many cookbooks; Donna Hay can do whatever Kate can do and more. She’ll probably end up like Julie and resort to silly talk show appearances once her cookbook has tanked.

11 brandy { 08.13.11 at 10:24 am }

Julie’s cookbook was one of the best selling books in Australia.

Adam wasn’t at the finale because he was speaking at the Byron Bay writer’s festival. His resume since the show is astonishing.

But I agree, I can’t see Kate selling many cook books.

12 Reality Raver { 08.13.11 at 3:59 pm }

Julie has made a heap of money and probably has been the most successful of the Masterchef alumni. She is still on the Today show and Women’s Weekly. She has a nice looking website http://www.juliegoodwin.com.au/

I agree I don’t think Kate is going to gain much traction. However I think her B&B idea is good. I am sure she will do the cooking demo circuit and be quite successful.

13 Suzanne { 08.15.11 at 10:48 am }

Last I read, Adam is apparently in the final stages of opening his restaurant in Sydney.

I can see Kate having a fairly succesful career on the gingerbread house decorating and speaker nights that are organised by many churches in the leadup to Christmas.

14 PennyK { 08.17.11 at 10:40 pm }

I must say Alana Lowes’ writing is looking pretty damn good. I was rather impressed with her Istanbul post on her blog http://www.alanalowes.com.au/amorishdistraction  and she appears to be a regular blogger and tweets a lot with @alanalowes which is positive. She was arguably the best rounded cook on the series and certainly the coolest under pressure without a doubt, so I’m certain we’ll be seeing more of Alana…

15 PaulS { 10.20.11 at 11:04 am }
16 Monty { 02.14.14 at 5:05 am }

Good blog you have here.. It’s hard to find good quality writing like yours these
days. I honestly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

Visit my web blog … Monty

17 Jaqueline { 02.14.14 at 7:05 pm }

Pretty! This has been a really wonderful post.
Thank you for supplying this information.

My web blog … Jaqueline