The Block – The Renovation Is Finished
The renovation has finished, so what are the next five episodes going to be about until the big auction finale?
Tonight the teams were still working on the facade of the houses and the gardens but there was a deadline as they were going to be judged on it.
Just some quick thoughts on the episode:
- They needed some sort of entertainment in the episode, and this appeared to be the fake skull. First he tricked Waz, and then Amy and Katrina. The joke went on far to long. However I did laugh when Rod said the skull was the guy who had put dints in his fridge.
- There were a mound of tradies on The Block for the last 24-48 hours. I would like to have known how many of these had been personally hired by the contestants;
- I liked Rod and Tania’s backyard it had a great feel of space, however for me the spa is not a positive thing;
- Amy and Katrina’s zen garden gave their backyard a bit of a zen feel. The open fire must be the new trendy outdoor must have as Josh and Jenna also had one.
- The outdoor kitchen appears to be a trend as well, I am not sure if I agree with John McGrath that it is a must have item.
- Polly and Waz did the outdoor kitchen, I felt their outdoor space was unmemorable;
- Josh and Jenna who are popular with the judges again got the thumbs up for their covered deck and the fruit trees;
- Polly revealed The Block has brought her and Waz closer together, however Josh and Jenna did not say The Block had torn them apart;
- Everyone always looks bedraggled at the time of the judging deadline, however Katrina and Amy always look fabulous, how do they do it?
The viewer has to wait until tomorrow night to find out who won the $5000 prize. I presume all their houses are gone over and touched up before the inspections commenced.