The Renovators – Challenge Night – Did The Best Room Win?
Tonight was challenge night on The Renovators, first the teams had to hang pictures of their families, but they had to make it technically perfect. Then they had to convert a white room with a colour they randomly picked.
A few quick thoughts about the episode:
- Did anyone else notice the Weatherboard team who did the green kids room, that when they made it top two none of the team mates hugged Jason H? Last week it was hinted there was some tension in the team, and this could be it.
- The sixties suburban team won for the design, however the paint job of their walls was pretty awful. I thought they may have been given the win which was $10,000 because they would have to spend far more on contractors now Chris has been eliminated;
- The red room was meant to be a brothel/ mistress room, but it had far too many red bows in it. Basically Robyn Holt said that if she brought a bloke in their the chances of him performing were slim. I love the way Christie always think her ideas rock, but they never quite work out.
- The St Peters partly renovated house team were told the duck mirrors, they thought were so great were an overkill by Baz. The positives of their purple room was it had a great feeling of space, however the judges did like the feeling of space, but then they were criticised for leaving one part of it empty.
- The highlight from that team for the episode was Lisa going nuts about the colour and huffing “I knew I should have mixed the paint in the first place.”
- The Blacktown fibro guys are a crack up they did a master bedroom, when asked whether they would romance in this room Michael said ” Jarrod is not fussy”.
- The inner city terrace had orange and it was nicely styled but the orange was eye jarring. However Peter Ho could imagine lying down and have it washing over him.
Did the right team win?