The Renovators – Not Great Publicity For Sydney Council

So what does happen if the development application for the inner city terrace in Glebe continues to be delayed by the City of Sydney planning process?

Tonight on the show the team were saying they had done just about all they could do until the DA came through. This also meant this team had no hope of making it to top three tonight and be in the running for a $40,000 prize.

I am starting to really like the sixties suburban, as Tina said she is giving it a modernised Brady Bunch feel. I like the way she was confident enough to change Joanne’s original design.

The Parramatta weatherboard had a lot done to the outside this week so therefore they got in the top three. This time I notice the team did hug tall Jason.

The fibro shack at Blacktown were the final team into the top three. They got in because they finally got their shizzle together with their planning.

The prize is a big one $40,000 but it was unclear whether that was cash or products.

The half renovated house, was criticised by Baz because they were not dealing with the damp properly, nor the borers. But isn’t that was renovators do? Cut corners to save costs as why would they care about what state the house is going to be in in five years time.

The Marrickville shop front is going to struggle. Their back yard is lovely, however as the judges said they need to look at making the front more attractive.

1 sue { 08.15.11 at 11:31 pm }

personally feeling as if there is a bit of favouritism towards Tina…may be wrong but it seems she is getting a large % of screen time and possibly some iffy challenge wins…. Masterchef any one????? :)

2 Moo { 08.16.11 at 12:16 am }

That’s what I’m thinking as well Sue, and honestly I don’t know why Tina is getting so much screen time… I find her quite boring.

I think some of the “dodiger” aspects of MasterChef are starting to seep into The Renovators now. If this is a preview of what Shine will do next year with MasterChef, then I’m 99% sure I won’t be watching it.

That said, I do enjoy The Renovators and it’s disappointing that there probably won’t be a Season 2 due to the dismal ratings, but that’s entirely Channel 10’s fault.

3 sue { 08.16.11 at 7:05 am }

apart from changing the plans a bit- what had they really done, compared to how much Michael’s team had done…..’no fair’ :( ( stamps foot)

4 smauge { 08.16.11 at 7:56 am }

I was so glad Tina changed the plans. I was with Baz when he told Jo he was upset that a classic sixties design was getting obliterated. I was glad to see Jo go, just hoping that the plans would get changed. Go Tina!

5 brain dead dave { 08.16.11 at 12:03 pm }

I’m not surprised that Beige Baz knows a lot about borers.

The show is quite enjoyable.

6 Fides { 08.16.11 at 12:18 pm }

Now I’ve sorted out what happens on which nights, I think I’ll only watch Monday nights to see how the houses are progressing. While I do find some of the contestants interesting, I just can’t care enough to make it regular viewing. But that said, I hope the boys with the Blacktown house win the challenge tonight.

7 Lebay { 08.16.11 at 1:05 pm }

Im over all the challenges in all the programmes. Maybe they should all get into the arena It’s A Knockout style… MC v’s The Renovators V’s The Block and may the best team win

8 seepi { 08.16.11 at 4:40 pm }

I love the challenges in renovators, and hate them in the block.

I loooooove that Tina has changed the 60s suburban to reflect the house’s history and design. It looks fabolous. I was disgusted with the ugly arched column doorways that they had on it before – the fibro has those too…I wonder that they could have instead if they got creative.

9 Justin { 09.29.11 at 3:43 pm }

Total shame there is not going to be a season 2, i was cast to be on it!