The Voice – Nine Are On A Winner
Channel Nine must be hoping the US version of The Voice is the foreplay, to the main event of the Australian version. In only it second episode The Voice is gathering a lot of chatter.
It deserves to be popular, the concept of the judges picking people on their teams only judged by their voices is a great one. There is definitely suspense on whether a judge is going to press on the buzzer to pick the singer in their team.
The judges on the show are great. Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Cee Lo Green and Christine Aguilera don’t love the sounds of their own voices, so there is no one person wanting to hog the limelight, they also have a nice repartee between them.
I really think Channel Nine should get Adam Levine out here to be a judge in the Australian version for his musical talents obviously not because of this photo.
I am not THAT superficial.
The first two episode (four hours) have been the judges picking their teams of eight.
The highlights have been :
- The judges faces when they turn around to see who they have picked. They don’t pull a face when they turn around and see someone unattractive, but they do have a look of relief on their face when it is someone cute;
- Tonight Adam Levine turned around to a singer he thought was a female when it was actually a male;
- The guy who came out on camera to his father and also bitched about him was clearly not looking to build bridges in that relationship;
- The girl with the tattoos who sang Sober was a highlight, but Cee Lo is a little bit pervy with the girls and with her he said he wanted to check out her tattoos;
- Some great voices, big power ballad girls, country twangs, and a few quirky singers in there as well.
At the moment I don’t have any favourites. Most of you will know the show has now finished in the US, so if you do know the winner please don’t put it in the comment section of the blog.