The Block – Josh And Jenna In The Lead To Pick Where They Go In The Auction

After last nights episode of The Block, I won’t be watching tonight’s. My computer even crashed because it had had enough.

I will be blogging the final live.

The challenge last night was to build a beach cabana and paint it. The first couple to finish got to pick where their house was sold in the auction on Saturday.

Josh and Jenna went for it and came in first. I had thought that had meant they got to pick, however apparently tonight’s episode is a continuation of this with a quiz.

One thing I like about Josh and Jenna is the couple’s is their determination and drive. Polly and Waz were close behind but could not catch up. Rod and Tania thought it was the best one that won not the first and came third.

Katrina and Amie were so over renovating they could not give a rats and the others helped them finish.

The thing I didn’t like about the episode were the text messages at the beginning telling them their was another challenge. Like anyone believed Polly and Waz saw the message and immediately jumped on a plane to Melbourne.

1 brandy { 08.18.11 at 8:11 am }

no, it’s only the first in a series of challenges to win that decision.

2 Dazza { 08.18.11 at 8:46 am }

Amie and Katrina have checked out. They’ve got their fame out of the show so they don’t give a rats bum where they are in the auction list.

It’s a race in two between J&J and R&T.

Got to admit I think I’m in love with Polly. She just seems like a genuine lovely girl and her and Waz just look so much in love

3 Reality Raver { 08.18.11 at 9:29 am }

Brandy – oops changed it now. I wondered why they were not more excited. Does this mean I have to watch the show tonight?

Dazza – They say a person from The Block may be on Celebrity Apprentice. I would guess either Waz or Polly, as they are both likeable.

4 kleenex mum { 08.18.11 at 10:20 am }

what a joke the sisters were, they really didnt want to be there, just have a look at there clothes. who paints in big tweed jackets, clunking great earings and hair over the face, i agree with dazza, they wanted there 15 minutes of fame, i think that it was very unfair that the other couples helped finish their painting, they should have not been given any points at all, having read and seen a lot off each couple, i still cant understand why on earth the sisters came onto the block, they admitt they couldnt build, nail, cut, saw, paint,, they could shop and they could winge and they could cry, then i read one of the sisters has chromes disease, again why would you put your self into a competition when you cant renovate and have an illness, just doenst make sence to me, i think next year if the bolck doesnt flop, there should be a level set where a certain amount of experience is required to elimate the likes of THE MUMS….. , i think if the couples have some building experience the show may be a bit more realistic and beleivable, channel nine could host another show called THE MUMS….. each week the mums can show how well they shop, do nails, get foils done in there hair, take the kids to school, blah blah blah, how many of us are mums…………………… the sisters just arent that special.

5 some random { 08.18.11 at 10:46 am }

You’re comment about polly and waz jumping on a plane to go to melbourne, they probably already were in melbourne, after helping shiran the producers must have told them to stay there, you can’t expect them to move from sydney to melbourne, back to sydney, melbourne, sydney, melbourne, no wonder they’re tired. Also i am very disappointed J&J won, i thought polly and waz had a real chance, hopefully they know more about their neighbours/competitors than J&J do, (which i believe they will).

Dazza= totally agree with everything, apart from, maybe P&W have a chance as well as R&T, because J&J reserve price is way higher than the others?

6 AngelSN86 { 08.18.11 at 11:21 am }

Another blog that does recaps of The Block seemed to think that the cutaways of Polly and Waz show that they win. So they must do well in the quiz and make up the points on J&J. I’m not convinced that the winner of the auction will come down to the order. Has it decided the winner in the past? And if so, what is the most desired order? Is it better to be first or last?

7 Dazza { 08.18.11 at 11:44 am }

I agree that it’s always best to be first or second in four auctions. You have to find four people willing to part with a million dollars. Best to be first. My prediction is that the Mums house will not sell at auction. I remember last year when Dibba Dobber house didn’t sell on auction day. What a kick in the guts that must be.

8 some random { 08.18.11 at 1:20 pm }

AngelSN86- I’ve predicted before from previews that P&W win things, and i have been right only 50% of times, sometimes they show in previews what the viewing public want to see, so that they will watch the next episode. I am almost certain that P&W are the most popular couple on the block, they have the most fans, most media attention and always get the biggest cheer, so maybe the previews are just showing that to make us see what we want to see???? I believe they will make up points on J&J in the quiz about each other, because if you think about it, J&J live at the end of the block, meaning they only share a backyard with P&W, P&W however, live in the middle meaning they have more neighbours to know stuff about, if you get what i mean. That is not necessarily the case, but think about it, they have also been in touch with rod and tania and have a close friendship with them.

Also, John and neisha won last series when they went first at auction, possibly because there are more potential buyers there to start off with???

9 seepi { 08.18.11 at 1:33 pm }

Trash mag says that Waz and Rod have formed a friendship for life – nice!

along with the sisters I have checked out of the Block. We saw more lame challenges than renovating. I have watched heaps of it, yet can barely think of what the houses look like. I can only remember about one room in each house.

– Rod’s bathroom – dodgy sink.
– Jenna’s first bedroom – grey.
– Polly and Waz – dreadful first room and master with white shelves.
– Sister’s – odd study, nice first bedroom with exposed bricks.

In past series I knew exactly what was in each house.

I hope Polly and Waz’s builder does well of out this, he seems nice. And I hope Waz finally gets around to popping the question for Polly.

10 PollyB { 08.18.11 at 1:45 pm }

Adam & Fiona went last and won. That God awaful ‘Dibba Dobber’ Chez is going to be on tonight or tomorrow.
And THE MUMS. FFS, Tania is a mum too. And didn’t they go on the show to show us all that mums can do anything anyone else can do? As if. Whingeing, whining brats is what they are. I’ll be glad to see and hear the back of them. Those voices, the upward inflection at the end of each sentence, the naaaaassssaaal drawl. God, Jane Turner & Gina Riley got it so right.

11 some random { 08.18.11 at 3:13 pm }

seepi- definitely agree, pop the question already!

12 nittywitty { 08.19.11 at 6:58 am }

Maybe Waz needs to ask for Polly’s hand in marriage from her father Channel Nine’s Dr Ric Gordon. Yes, CHANNEL NINE !! Is that how a non-renovating couple gets into the series? Anyway good luck to them and all the others.