The Renovators – The Orange Team Is Down To Three

Oh Lisa pull yourself together. I have watched a lot of TV but have never seen anyone cry like that. She was crying in the half renovated house before they went to The Renovators warehouse, she sobbed before the challenge on Brendan Moar’s shoulder, and was also pretty red eyed on the to camera pieces.

She is definitely one of the more memorable contestants of the show.

Peter obviously thought they should not have been in the elimination challenge as he said they had done a lot of work on the house. Obviously they had compared to the inner city terrace who has been having development application issues. A commenter Sam linked this article  the comment section which outlines how long it took for the approval to come through. Thanks Sam.

Tonight Peter, Bob, Kim, and Lisa were up for elimination. They had to renovate a dirty cluttered kitchen.

Lisa and Peter in their real life both work in kitchen design so were pretty comfortable with the challenge. So it was either Bob or Kim to go.

Peter’s kitchen was by far the best and innovative. It had checked black and white wallpaper, black cupboards and a red splash back. He was able to pick one other renovator to assist him and he had picked Keenan.

The judges thought Lisa was playing it safe and it was a bit beige. She picked Jason J to work with “because she knows how to tame him” . We did not get to see much of her once the kitchen renovations started, which was an indication she was safe.

Kim had picked August to help her and both were flat pack amateurs. Is there a generation or socioeconomic thing behind why they were slow and ineffective with an Allen key. She did not complete her country kitchen.  Hers was more styled than Bob’s.

Bob who was working with Nathan, who must be wondering when he will get a rest, had a very basic brown kitchen, but it was enough to get him through. Kim has been eliminated. As she sobbed Brendan asked her “How do you feel?”. Would have thought it was obvious how she felt.

1 Susan { 08.23.11 at 10:12 pm }

Well, got that Spolier wrong – oops sorry folks!

2 Marepoppin { 08.23.11 at 11:04 pm }

I was glad to see Kim go. She’s a bit of a passive-aggressive and although Peter’s (and Peter Ho’s) articulation disorders drive me batty (I’m a speech pathologist), he’s more talented, as is Lisa, and I just haven’t seen enough of good ol’ Bob so far. Have to admit I love this show (especially Michael & Jarrod) and I never miss an ep. The judges are kind but to the point and I enjoy the challenges. People just need to give it a chance. I watched the Block and it was painful compared to this

3 par3182 { 08.23.11 at 11:49 pm }

The constant “how do you feel?” questioning is driving me nuts.

4 Moo { 08.24.11 at 5:05 am }

Don’t they ask those redundant “how do you feel?” or “what’s going through your mind?” questions on MasterChef as well? I’ve been trying to block the horror of Season 3 out of my mind so I can’t remember exactly, haha.

Would be nice if one day somebody responded with a bit of attitude and said “Well, I’m crying my eyes out, sniffling, and clearly dejected… How the f do you think I feel?”

5 brandy { 08.24.11 at 10:11 am }

Kim pointed to her expressionless face and said can’t you see? when they asked her last night!

6 Sam { 08.24.11 at 11:54 am }

No worries.

It seems you really need to pick a flat pack expert for those stress tests.

7 Melly { 08.24.11 at 12:20 pm }

I thought the same as you RR about Nathan- when is he going to get a rest?!?

I was sad and glad that Kim went, I like all of the Orange team but Kim was my least favourite, I just felt that by the end of her time there she was blaming everyone else for her stuff ups. Her exit interviews will be very interesting and I can’t wait to see them!

8 smauge { 08.24.11 at 9:31 pm }

TiVo forgot to tape this one for me and I didn’t realize until after the arvo repeat was finished.
So glad Kim’s gone. She’s a conniving biatch. I have a soft spot for Bob so I don’t want him to go.

9 Sonia { 08.24.11 at 10:09 pm }

I’m fibro house all the way. Always go for the underdog. I really lke Michael so glad he won the challenge tonight. Glad one of the orange team went home.