The Renovators – No Surprise Which Team Won The Tradies

So the Inner City terrace team won two tradies for 48 hours? No surprises they were going to win something week as they have just started their renovations. Reality TV manipulated? No that can’t be right.

For the record I predicted this in last night’s blog post.

One of the criticism from the viewers about The Renovators is the lack of renovation that we are seeing on screen. However this criticism is also coming from the contestants as well.

Chris Georgiou told TV Week “You are left with a day and a half out of  a week to renovate.” He also said “We [spend] 12 hours a week working on them, and you need 50 hours a week.”

This might explain why Peter from the half done house needed to hire a tiler, which is an area he is proficient in. They also got a carpenter in to finish the deck.

Brendan Moar the host went around the houses with Robyn Holt and Barry. He gave his thoughts on their landscaping. I did disagree with Brendan when he said no grass in the back yard of the St Peters house. Peter said all the real estate agents had said grass, and I agree with them. It will be a couple with a child or wanting to have a child and they will want grass. They won’t realise what a pain in the butt it is until after they move in.

They all gushed over how much demolition work the light blue (inner city terrace) team had done, and they had. The ceilings looked fabulously high, and I am can now see how good the house is going to be when completed.

The Blacktown fibro guys had another strong week, with a lot of work being done. However they were deluding themselves in thinking that damp patch on their ceiling was just some residual moisture.

The sixties suburban team just looks like they are floundering at the moment. There is no energy there. They were disappointed they were unable to paint the outside of the house and that they would have to wait until rendering had completely dried out.

Clearly when it comes to judgement day the teams like to try and give the greatest visual impact to avoid elimination.

The Marrickville shop has had a bit of work done. With Natalia doing the bathroom and kitchen cabinets. Brendan questioned them about their landscaping, and was impressed they had a plans drawn up, however they had not really settled on what they wanted to do.

The Parramatta weatherboard (green team) were criticised on a number of levels, firstly they were quoting low on their budget, Barry thought they were unrealistic. Also they had a trench between a fence and the house. Once the wall is constructed there will be limited access.

No surprise the light blue team won, and no surprise the green team are up for elimination.  Melissa on hearing they were the worst team of the week immediately burst into tears. She is extremely irritating, however she doesn’t appear unpleasant.

Tomorrow night they have to do a panic room. I think Jason might struggle.

1 Sonia { 08.29.11 at 10:02 pm }

Its right up Keenans alley. It was always going to be the green team . The khaki team couldnt lose another member.
I’m barracking for the fibro cottage but they have the hardest house to win I think. The position of the Marrickville shop is interesting. It might appeal to someone who likes the quirkiness of living near the markets but it would just be a huge pain every weekend.
Their ratings are dire. Surprised they are doing another season . All those challenges building rooms for nothing is so futile . What a waste of money. They could have knocked on my door if they wanted to renovate a bathroom

2 Heléna { 08.29.11 at 11:13 pm }

I’m hoping Melissa is gone :s

3 Reality Raver { 08.29.11 at 11:43 pm }

Sonia – I disagree I think the fibro cottage is the one to beat. I think the Marrickville house is just in such a bad location. Imagine the noise from the markets each weekend and from the main road it is on. Also there is a disability parking spot out the front so you cannot park out the front of it. I think what it needs to make will make it too difficult to win. The Glebe house may do ok as it looks quite big now they have knocked down walls etc.

helena – that would be a good result

4 sue { 08.30.11 at 6:49 am }

quite possibly, the disability parking may go- now it is not a shop??? Pretty sure they could apply to have it changed, but yeah it is not my favourite house! But I do like the renovators on it…. :)

I hope Melissa goes, and judging by the previews of the clips- it is a garden, so she looks like she might struggle. I hope both the guys are ok… :)

5 smauge { 08.30.11 at 7:58 am }

It wouldn’t surprise me if Natalia refused to sell and moved in herself. I’m sure she’d like nothing more that having Reverse Garbage on her doorstep.

6 kingfisher { 08.30.11 at 9:33 am }

the baby blue team wins because the dark blue team is kicking everyone arse ,because they work like a team and there is only 2 of them . i could demo a room like the baby blue team and put up a lintel with a mate it’s not that hard , yet the dark blue team have a decking with brick supports and the swimming pool is dug up and is ready to go in plus! the insides have been painted and the bathroom has been tiled and is ready to be installed and a bloody lintel wins it WHATTHE!!! as for the bill murray stripes khaki team pull ya bloody finger out and do something !!!!. great to see brendan blowing a blood vessel when no one gave a pooh pooh about the landscaping , as long as the house is mint worry later about the garden . please tell the jeannie little “darling” designer to fix those bloody coke cola glasses they are always leaning to one side . GO THE DARK BLUE TEAM

7 IMO { 08.30.11 at 11:15 am }

Who holds the keys to the weatherboard – Jason, right? Then why is Melissa getting all the face time and acting like she’s running the green team? She’s too punishing – fingers crossed she’s gone tonight.

@kingfisher – lol, the crooked glasses drive me crazy too!

8 reality raver { 08.30.11 at 11:46 am }

Sue – they would want to apply to get it removed. Actually I might drive past today to see if it is still there.

Kingfisher – you knew they were desperate to give the light blue team a working bee or tradies as they are so far behind the other teams. In a sense I don’t really have a problem with it this week, as they have had the short straw with the DA issues. Hope this gives them an opportunity to catch up.

IMO – I hope Melissa goes as well. Irritating the hell out of me.

9 Susan { 08.30.11 at 12:06 pm }

I think with all the air time given to Melissa it’s a bloody ploy to make us think she is gawn! I have a feeling Giant Jason might struggle too ……………
Go Navy Blue Team plus Orange Team!

10 Buzz { 08.30.11 at 5:16 pm }

Melissa gives me the irrits too … BUT I HAVE LEARNT MY LESSON! Don’t get rid of the annoying people just yet or it will be beigeville. Am now regretting bitching so much in MC 10 about jonno, when compared to this years crew he was a bloody legend.
Saw 3 people on the Renos last night whom I have never seen before. Fly under the radar much?

11 Dutch Courage { 08.30.11 at 5:22 pm }

We need to find out if Robyn’s crook glasses are a design feature or a Specsavers deal gone wrong.
While we’re at it let’s question Peter Ho’s “…..” . Not sure what to call it really but you know what I’m talking about.

12 Georgie { 08.30.11 at 5:37 pm }

Robyn is a dag isn’t she? Hard to reconcile her with a career in design.

13 Izobel2 { 08.30.11 at 7:15 pm }

Lol @ Dutch Courage! It’s all I look at when I look at Peter Ho! I like him though.

14 smauge { 08.31.11 at 6:58 am }

It’s called a billy goat gruff isn’t it? 😉
As for crooked glasses – it’s not the glasses, it’s the ears. Everyone’s ears are uneven (something you soon learn as a hairdresser). A solid frame will accentuate is more than a fine or invisible frame.

15 steve { 09.05.11 at 2:15 pm }

Re Marrickville shop:
The disabled spot is not directly in front of the shop, it’s for the house next door (as in it’s an allocated spot for the resident from that house)
It’s a No Stopping zone in front of the shop cos it’s next to the entrance to the Addison Rd Centre and there’s a traffic island in the middle of the road just in line with the driveway so a parked car there would leave little or no room for cars to get past.
I agree that the potential for the Shop is limited compared with the others.
PS Based on what we’ve seen in the past few weeks (we live very close), there’s only one grey contestant left. Won’t spoil the fun by disclosing who though. Also drove past the St Peters house the other day and knew prior to last night’s elimination of Bob that Peter was safe 😉

16 smauge { 09.05.11 at 3:03 pm }

I know who the grey member is too Steve. I saw the person one night as we did a drive by.

17 Reality Raver { 09.05.11 at 3:05 pm }

Steve and Smauge – I think I saw the last person standing at the Marrickville shop today, but my lips are sealed as well..