The Renovators – The Green Team Are Down To Two

Not a lot to say tonight, however at Dutch Courage’s suggestion I have put a new poll up asking who is the most shaggable female in The Renovators. I have only included the ones that are left.

Next week out of curiousity I will put the most shaggable male up.

Tonight it was the panic room challenge and it was a courtyard. They had three hours to transform it. However they could pick one person to help them with the grunt work.

Jason picked Michael, Keenan picked his twin Luke, and Melissa picked Peter.

These three must be wondering when they will get a rest. I suppose it must be flattering to be asked, however it is a lot of work.

Melissa when with a morrocan type feel. She had a day bed and it did look very relaxing. Robyn Holt thought it was a dream like courtyard.

Brendan Moar who was judging tonight said it had a  sense of space and intimacy at the same time.

Robyn was critical of the daybed which  she thought was such a feature and said it should have been perfect.

Keenan’s enclosed his space off to make it feel like a real courtyard.

Brendan didn’t like the plywood retaining wall, nor the pot plants in pots. However Baz liked the square, circle, square, circle design of it . He thought it was clever.

The judges said Jason’s felt like a real court yard. Baz said if there was not a BBQ he would think it was indoors.

However it was deemed the worst design so was eliminated. As he was head renovator he had to hand over the keys. The best courtyard won and that was Keenan.

Jason was big in presence but personality wise he was a bit bland so he won’t be missed from the show that much.

Since it is over half way in the competition I will make my top six predictions.

Peter, Keenan, Michael, Luke, Natalia, and Suzanne.

1 par3182 { 08.31.11 at 1:26 am }

Melissa’s sobfest before the challenge just cemented my desire that she be eliminated; I blame Peter for helping her too much. I wonder if her son Harrison cries as much as his mum? Thank goodness she didn’t get ahold of the keys; we’d never stop hearing about it.

Oh well, at least we didn’t lose the cute guy.

2 sue { 08.31.11 at 7:05 am }

Given how she is definitely portrayed as the “leader” of the group I thought she would be safe, even though I wanted her to be gone. Thank God they gave the keys to Keenan, not missy sobfest.

Out of curiosity, does she have a partner, becoz “supermum” has left her child to be on this show- which is all for him, yeah sure.

I know Natalia also has a small child, but at least she has a partner, Melissa is not shown as having one, so where is he? I just find it a bit annoying when mums leave their kids who knows where, while they do something that is “all for the child”…..

3 Kenneth { 08.31.11 at 9:25 am }

Did you guys notice that Jason was teary eyed during his camera time just before they leave the house for the challenge?

That is when I thought that Jason will be eliminated. Probably that interview was after the challenge and was edited to be played before the challenge.

4 sue { 08.31.11 at 9:46 am }

Yeah Kenneth, I did notice that. I think it was very borderline as to who should have gone- my vote was for crybaby, but dammit…she stayed!

oh well, at least Keenan is still there… :)

5 Michelle { 08.31.11 at 10:32 am }

Keenan is lovely, though I am starting to think that holding the keys is a curse because they are all being eliminated or leaving the show!

6 Heléna { 08.31.11 at 11:00 am }

lol @RR – Keenan’s twin Luke! so true! *ugh* please not Suzanne in the final 5

7 Reality Raver { 08.31.11 at 11:44 am }

Keenan is lovely. So hopefully he will stay in for awhile.
They need to start flicking the light blue team as they have four.

8 Dutch Courage { 08.31.11 at 12:37 pm }

RR, thanks for putting this poll up. I am bit worried now that if Robyn comes out on top there will be no incentive to change her dress sense and crook glasses. So stop voting for Robyn!!

9 Mama'sMilk { 08.31.11 at 4:07 pm }

Can anyone explain the advantage in “holding the keys”? It doesn’t seem to mean you’ll get prize money at the end of it and doesn’t seem to mean that you’re in control of the renovation either (most teams seem kind of democratic)

I think Brendon’s criticism about plants in pots was a bit harsh given that these weren’t real courtyards. Give the guys some real dirt to make real gardens and then they’ll plant them. Otherwise this challenge really is just a design challenge (with all the plants and furniture unmarked and able to be returned for sale as “ex-display”)

Liked Jason although wondered if he acromegaly with a growth hormone secreting tumour…. interesting that in his montage at the end they didn’t show any design work he’d done himself. Before this panic room, had he even been the lead designer in any of the challenges??

And suck it up Melissa. Keenan is a single dad and left his two kids to come on the show. They’re probably old enough to not be distracted by Elmo too.

10 brandy { 08.31.11 at 4:39 pm }

to win the prize you have to be one of the six keyholders, and then if your house makes the most you win the profits from all six houses – so keyholding is big

11 lydal { 08.31.11 at 5:09 pm }

@brandy I imagine at some point there will be only 6 contestants left, so all of them will have the keys of a house.
Until then, I don’t see the importance of holding them because it looks they are sharing the control of the renovation (as said before).

12 JJ { 08.31.11 at 5:11 pm }

Doesnt seem like there is a real benefit to holding the keys – More so if you are the last person to be holding the keys for your house. In the early stages it just seems to be a title which has no real relevance – They did say the key holder has control of the renovation (layout etc), but yer it does seem like the teams are taking a very democratic approach.

Still going for Natalia – Just wish we got to see more of her designs… Wasnt keen on Lisa at all and didnt find her “design capabilities” that wow or over and above any one elses on the show imo

13 brandy { 09.01.11 at 11:09 am }

well, if you are the keyholder now and you hang onto it to the end there is an advantage, as like Michael with the fibro you are working to your vision and specifications and to what you think will bring the most profit to your reno – but thanks for patronising me. I was trying to give an answer to a legit question from the poster above

14 Marepoppin { 09.01.11 at 12:48 pm }

Brandy is right; keyholding is a big deal. If you’re not the keyholder of your team, you’ve got to wait for your team to enter an elimination and hopefully knock the top dog off to have a chance at the money later on. Plus you can’t be switched teams like Suzanne was. I think it’s important to hold the keys the whole time, like Michael, so the house you end up with is what you want. Democracy or not, keyholder is still in charge