Top Design Finale – Wednesday 7 September At 10.30pm

I feel a bit sorry for Top Design it has not had the loving on this blog that it deserved. It was treated like a poor cousin to The Block and The Renovators.

The cast was definitely had talent and personality, the challenges were interesting, however I don’t get why Channel Nine programmed it at this time of the year when they knew The Block and The Renovators were going to be on.

I wonder if the ratings would have been better if it had started in September and run until the end of the year? Anyway that is all just hypotheticals.

Now if you have stuck with it and do want to watch the finale it is on Wednesday night at 10.30pm on Channel Nine or GEM at 8.30pm.

Here is what the final task is:

Three empty houses, three real clients, $50,000 budget…this is the TOP DESIGN GRAND FINALE.

Just three contestants are left standing. Gold Coast single mum Lisa, Melbourne architect Robert or charity worker Stephen.

In an emotionally charged final episode, they have four days to transform and beautify three empty brand new houses for first-time homebuyers.

They are playing to win $100,000 and the fabulous design tour, visiting famous design landmarks and meeting some of the best designers in the world.

But, there is almost as much at stake for the clients.

They are first-time homeowners who have poured their savings into their new Mirvac home.

It’s not only bedrooms, living rooms and kitchens primed for the makeover; it’s outdoor living as well. As befitting a grand finale, the results will amaze you but the question is will the clients love what our three finalists come up with?

Go Stephen I really hope he wins. Lisa has kind of fluked her way there, not saying she is not talented, however two people have bowed out of the competition at a time she was up for elimination.

I don’t mind Robert as he has definitely given the viewers a lot of entertainment value with his very focused personality.

Who do you want to win?

1 Heléna { 09.06.11 at 12:58 pm }

I’ve loved Top Design – Robert is my tip – I think Stephen will go to over the top and Lisa will play it too safe, I guess it depends which one understands the client’s wishes best

2 brandy { 09.06.11 at 1:04 pm }

It’s been Robert’s to lose since…. months ago. I’d like to see Lisa win, just to see his face, and also because it would be nice for her. She’s actually a very good stylist-designer and could do it. Robert is an architect. This puts me off him, plus he’s so angry and aggressive in his competitiveness.

3 Mama'sMilk { 09.06.11 at 2:15 pm }

Haven’t watched it in ages but I will make a point of it now that I know what the challenge is … sounds awesome

4 OL { 09.06.11 at 6:13 pm }

I loved Top Design Australia, so much better than the original US version (which was great for design but had zero personality). It’s everything The Renovators and The Block should be but aren’t; a show that’s actually about design and talent and not about annoying people and waste-of-time challenges and drama.

I can’t wait to see the finale and hope this show returns next year.

5 KhunDel { 09.06.11 at 7:48 pm }

I love the show. I want Stephen to win however think Robert will take it out. I just wished he wasn’t so far up himself, however some of his work definitely has the WOW factor.

6 Remued { 09.06.11 at 10:17 pm }

Tough choice between the three. I was disappointed when Chris left last week, but I guess they were never going to allow an ‘intruder’ to win.
I’d prefer Stephen to win, but it’s got to be Rob

7 Izobel2 { 09.06.11 at 11:12 pm }

I’m with you Remued! Agree exactly.
And RR – what’s with the title saying 9.30 and the options being 8.30 & 10.30!! I tape it every week so I’m ok.
I’ve watched all the episodes and don’t think Lisa should win (apart from the fact that every time she’s on the screen my husband has a good old perve at her and her short shorts!)… I agree RR, every time she’s a sure bet to go home, someone nominates themselves… How crazy was that guy that voted himself off that used to clash with Robert, and everyone else! I also think that if this show was on at a different time of year it would’ve rated better.

8 Reality Raver { 09.06.11 at 11:38 pm }

Yikes Izobel2 well spotted. Now changed, thank you.

9 gstar { 10.13.11 at 1:05 pm }

OL …really you liked the Aus version better than the Us version??? From a design perspective the US was a lot more sophisticated. I found the local version really underwhelming ….and I cant take the design advice of a former stripper that seriously!!!