The Renovators – Rocklea School Challenge.

Again The Renovators were still in Queensland and tonight they were in Rocklea school. The teams were split into the the contestants still in the competition, and the ones that were out.

Unfortunately my recording device short circuited so I did not get to see the full episode:

This what I saw:

The Black team (the one that was eliminated) had to razzle up a BBQ area, and the gold team had to make an outdoor learning area;

Teachers and students got to vote who the winner was;

• Tina and Lisa ignoring Chris’s suggestion on how to draw a good circle, Tina then realising Chris was right;
  • Lisa in Bunnings saying her mantra “We can do this”;
  • The black team not looking like they were going to finish;
  • I also presume the principal reiterating the word functional meant their was some lack of functionality about the black teams finished design?

I understand the winner of tomorrow nights challenge gets to choose who gets back in the competition and which team they go to. This is an interesting twist to a re-entry into a competition, as it does not rely on any of the eliminated contestants talents to fight their way back through, but must rely on the largess of the contestants.

Also if I were still a contestant and got to pick I would choose the most untalented, and therefore most unlikely to win to come back into the competition.

1 GHarris { 09.12.11 at 10:29 pm }

The yellow team won and they definately deserved to, there’s looked great but the vote was only 30 to 29 so obviously people didn’t think there’s was that much better they showed the principal voting for the yellow team :) I would assume that most of the adults voted for the black team as it was more adulty and the yellow teams one was very child friendly

2 HelΓ©na { 09.12.11 at 11:15 pm }

here’s to Peter winning and picking Lisa :o)

this week is shaping up to be a great week, and got me to thinking that they should have challenges in peoples homes, it could just be a room or backyard and challenges in public urban areas or offices, rather than or interspersed with warehouse challenges I think that might be a ratings winner if the show does come back next year – fingers crossed!

3 Remued { 09.12.11 at 11:35 pm }

Hmm…the most useless eliminated contestant…so many to choose from… Dustphobic stoner Kelly?

4 Maryann { 09.13.11 at 7:55 am }

Yellow tean definately deserved to win. They were organsied and actually finished where as black didn’t finish a lot of the benches. I hope Peter wins tonight and then Lisa will be back. Given the challenge I think grey team have a good chance of winnning. In which case I think they may go for Bob as they lack someone with all round construction skills and he would fit into the team well. But if navy win then they may go for Tina or Lisa as they are weaker on design.

5 lydal { 09.13.11 at 8:27 am }

Didn’t quite enjoy last night’s episode. My kids haven’t gone to school yet (little) so at the moment I don’t understand the point of having a barbecue area in this place. I would have liked more if they have renovated other areas of the school, like a classroom.
Said that, I think the golden team deserved the winning. Love the chess-green floor!
Btw, Brendan saying:”the winner gets to choose to which house the eliminated renovator goes” made me wonder if that could mean that the winner couldn’t choose his/her own house for this renovator as that would be the obvious option (no need to say it then). Hope this makes sense though probably I’m reading way too far at this quote… πŸ˜‰

6 Calliegirl { 09.13.11 at 9:20 am }

WHEN will they actually do some work on their houses??

7 Dutch Courage { 09.13.11 at 9:33 am }

What the heck? RR’s recording device short circuited??? Was she trying to record 5 shows at the same time?? Or was she watching her compilation of Keenan action shots again??

8 Cheryl { 09.13.11 at 10:08 am }

Actually that was pretty much what Kelly said when they cut to him, that whoever won could be very strategic with who they put back into the competition. Then they amusingly cut straight to Michael looking a little confused by Kelly’s statement.

It would be good to see some strategy but I can’t see any winner not choosing either Jason or one of the stylist girls (Lisa and Tina) since every team needs the extra pair of practical hands and at least half of them have no stylist left on their team. Bob is an outside chance as well but he’s consistently slow at finishing challenges so I don’t know how much help he’d be in a house.

9 Georgie { 09.13.11 at 11:22 am }

RR is right – the most strategic move at this point would NOT be bringing back a talent who could win the whole competition.

10 Lyn { 09.13.11 at 11:34 am }

So what was the prize for winning? And am I just the only one who can’t stand Lisa? She seems really useless reno wise – surely putting up curtins is something a designer should be able to do especially when Peter put up the bracketss for her.

11 Fides { 09.13.11 at 12:41 pm }

I love Lisa for her comments – suggesting the black team would not be the underdogs but the “overdogs”. Design wise I think I’d prefer Tina back than Lisa though.

The prize for winning last night was getting the chance to win tonight and select the returning contestant. If the winner chooses Kelly, whose team would they put him on to derail that house’s chances? Might result in eventually everyone in that team getting eliminated.

helena – I agree. White room warehouse challenges seem such a waste of time and effort if the whole thing then gets torn down. Their skills should be going towards something more useful.

12 Fi { 09.13.11 at 8:05 pm }

Helena – I have thought that throughout the series. I think the warehouse challenges are such a waste of money. They could have based the show in Ipswich and there would have been hundreds of blank canvases to complete challenges as well as helping people out. I would like to see this change next series.

13 GHarris { 09.13.11 at 8:30 pm }

Lyn- couldnt agree more Lisa is my second least favorite after Kelly :) people like her cause they like her “quirkiness” I think that her “quirkiness” is incredibly annoyin