The Renovators – The Queensland Flood Special – And Baz Wept
The Renovators went to Queensland to fix up the Owen’s family busted and flooded home. The producers did a great job in finding someone who looked they they were really in need. I am presuming they were uninsured.
What happened in the episode:
- Baz wept as he described a similar experience that happened to his family. Thankfully the ‘most shaggable’ poll is down otherwise he would have attracted another 100 votes from chicks who like sensitive new age blokes. He can wield a hammer plus is in touch with his emotions. Actually Peter Ho was pretty handy with the paint brush but he did not cry.
- A contestant has the opportunity to get back into the competition. I love it when this occurs, particularly if someone who was unlucky gets back in. Go Lisa. When are they going to decide who is back in?
- “I cannot believe in this day and age in Australia there are people living like this” said Kathy, maybe she and The Renovators team might want to go check out some of the housing indigenous people are living in certain parts of this country. Melissa also gibbered on about third world conditions.
- Peter did the bathroom, and thank you Channel 10 for the gratuitous shot of Keenan concreting in a singlet. Only criticism I have of the bathroom was the bath was too big for the space?
- Jason J said someone has to take one for the team and was digging out a concrete or wood thing from the garden. He was trying everything and finally Brendan came along and lifted it out with his little finger. Jason’s alpha male stocks dropped dramatically in that one scene.
- Basically the episode was a feel good one with nothing exciting or contentious to report, but a shout out should go to the companies that did sponsor the episode with goods and services.
However who do you want back in the competition? I am pimping for Lisa, but would not be unhappy if Tina got another go or Bob.