The X Factor – The First Elimination And It Was Not A Good One

Well my prediction that Andrew Wishart was going to be the one to be eliminated turned out to be very wrong, good to know I am starting the same way I left off last year….

The bottom two were Cleo and Jacquie. Does this prove that girls do all the voting? However no huge surprise they were there neither gave stand out performances last night.

Cleo has the most potential out of Natalie’s group but flubbed the opening of her song last night. Jacquie got caught in the cross fire of the judges and she was asked what sort of artist she wanted to be.

Cleo Howman chose to sing Chasing Pavements by Adele in the sing off tonight.  She was extremely nervous and looked resigned to her fate. When she hit bum notes she rolled her eyes.

Jacqui Newland sang came out and really performed and that is what made her safe.

The question is do you want someone who has a really interesting voice and look or do you want the generic singer with the generic look. Jacquie has a good voice but it is nothing new.

Guy admitted he was going to vote for Cleo prior to the performances but he changed his mind because Jacquie performed with hunger, and voted to send her home, as did Mel B and the casting vote went to Ronan who also sent Cleo home.

Natalie Bassingthwaite needs to study her American Idol alumni better when she was comforting Cleo by  saying Jennifer Hudson was the first person to be kicked off Idol. I think she came seventh.

Also why does everyone always use Jennifer Hudson as an example? There is one of her who has made a mega success after being punted off a reality singing competition show, but there have been hundreds of others who have gone back into obscurity.

Do you think the correct decision was made?

1 Kaylen { 09.20.11 at 9:31 pm }

From those two; yes.

Uh, Johnny or whatever his name is should have been there. Guy has said that X-Factor had only shown the bad parts of his voice, and not the good parts.

Am still waiting for the good parts, Guy…

Though I will grant I can see that he has the potential. With years of training.

Also, Cleo kept on touching her earphones both during and after the performance.

Did they get cheap in quality, or is there some other reason that she’s having trouble with them?

2 Anthony { 09.20.11 at 9:40 pm }

Since Luke Jacobz asked the judges: “who are you going to eliminate?” – we should be asked the same question! I’d rather sms and vote off bad singers, then sms and save good singers.

3 Leslie { 09.20.11 at 11:36 pm }

Who knows the song that Jacquie sang “for her life”?
I liked it a lot and would like to know singer and name to get it!
Please let me know

4 Q { 09.21.11 at 12:05 am }

Leslie- Heavy cross by Gossip is the song Jacquie sang

5 tvjunkie { 09.21.11 at 6:23 am }

I wasn’t impressed by either of the girls in the bottom two, but based on the performances last night, the right person went home.

6 Gillian { 09.21.11 at 11:26 am }

I agree with tvjunkie that based on last night’s performance, the right person went home. However, when I saw Cleo’s previous performances, it is clear that she is one of the most talented of all the contestants in my opinion. She seemed to have lost her spark throughout the competition. I don’t think a reality TV show is the right platform for her but it doesn’t make her any less talented.

7 Bruiser Brody { 09.21.11 at 11:56 am }

They are all HORRIBLE! I think only Reece?, Getting Too Cocky White Hair and 15yo chick are only ones who managed to competently sing their song without bum notes all over the place!
And i really thought they’d save Pink’s seminal anthem “Raise Your Glass” for the RAWK anthems next week – no they killed it this week instead..

Can anyone explain a) what happens in a “deadlock” and b) why in the blue hell do they ever bother asking the Coaches of a contestant who they want to boot? SHOCKING ASIA!!

8 Reality Raver { 09.21.11 at 12:06 pm }

Bruiser Brody – If it is a deadlock the person with the lowest public vote is punted.

Gillian – I think it was a pity she never looked confident on stage. Unfortunately this will mean she is heading back to retail. Maybe she should apply for The Voice.

I wonder if they will ban The Top 24 from The X Factor this year applying?

Kaylen – Jacqui did save herself and there was no way they could save Cleo. I think Nat Bass is going to lose her contestants fast. Unless the older set is voting for Andrew because they like him.

9 brain dead dave { 09.21.11 at 12:49 pm }

Mitchell Callaway looked like he was going to soil himself before he was “safe” . He’s still involved with crime-against music- but going from the scream-o-meter last night he’s got legions of admirers.

I tend to agree with Bruiser Brody, they’re all awful.

Jack Vidgen- looks like he’s had those little vampire’s teeth filed down and the exquisite Bieber blown locks teased to within an inch of their lives. He’s cherry ripe for Vegas and he sang the hell out of that song but the whole package is just too antiseptic. Aretha Franklin wasn’t much older when she co-wrote and made that song an anthem.