The Renovators – The Eco Challenge
Tonight the challenge was to build a site office at Kimbriki Resource Recovery Centre in old fashion terms, they were at the Terry Hills tip.
The office was to be made from materials found at the centre. The winning team would get the glory of having their office stay and they won solar panels for their houses.
The black team consisted of the grey, orange and khaki team, and the gold team was green, light blue, and navy blue.
A few comments on the episode:
- Sam from the black should have pulled out her ninja detective skills when Melissa told her the gold team had already bagged some of the material. She should have wrestled her to the ground and pinned her there until the rest of the black team arrived.
- With Sam down at the tip end of the centre and the rest of her team “designing” the office up at the site said a lot about what they think of Sam being an effective member of the team.
- Peter gave the best line of the night when he said when pinching some styrofoam from the other team “Theirs is just going to be pulled down so what’s the point?”
- Peter Ho injured himself when he fell in the tip with the amount of cameras out there I am surprised it was not caught on camera or they decided not to show it…
- Also interesting that Melissa said that Jason J flips out when he is under pressure, again why are we just starting to find out about personality traits. I wish we had seen Jason in all his multi coloured talkative stressed out glory since day one of this show.
- August was sick so was not at the challenge, unfortunately for Nathan who has been crook he could not take the time off due to him being a team of one;
- Where did the plants come from? Were they sourced from Kimbriki?
- It is a wonder the contestants don’t punch the judges out when they say “Are you going to insulate the ceiling?” They have five hours some corners have to be cut.