Beauty And The Geek – Why Is This Show Goddamn Entertaining?
Beauty and Geek remains a mystery to me, it is a show in theory I think I will hate, but again last night watching the first episode of series three I had quite a few laugh out loud moments.
Both the beauties and the geeks are likeable, ok some more than others. Jimmy and Lachlan are the star geeks at the moment, but who know who else will emerge as top geek.
A few thought from the episode:
- In the pyjama party scene where the beauties walked in scantily clad every geek had a cushion around their nether regions;
- However I am not sure what they did in the spa but hopefully none of the beauties were using Julian’s prescription goggles to dive under water;
- Gaia described herself as a part-time Nanny would you let her look after your kids;
- I liked the way they picked each other it was quite funny and pleasing that none of the girls were negative about the guys they selected;
- Jimmy is very funny, and reminds me very much of Xenogene from season one of the show;
- It was interesting the geeks reaction to a good looking guy in the house, as Jimmy said “It took him back to school”. Suddenly Jimmy wasn’t going to be the alpha male in the house or so he thinks. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out in the next few episodes;
- Bendeguz who appears to be the most eccentric is not as entertaining as I thought he was going to be, but that could change once he feels more comfortable on camera;
- The girls having to do that wipeout game with the food was hilarious, particularly that they had no idea about where pavlova or black forest cake was from;
- Darlene and Nathan were the first to be eliminated.
Will Helen and a geek find romance? Will a beauty and a geek find romance?
If you want to know more about the beauty’s and the geeks check out this previous blog post here.