Junior Masterchef – Eight More Kids Through To The Top 20

IN the second episode of Junior Masterchef the remeaining 45 children were split into two groups to compete in two different heats. Four from each heat were going into the top 20.

The first heat was to make healthy junk food. Mireade got through with a healthy version of salt and pepper squid, Jade made salmon with a asian glaze, Alysha made a healthy mexican hotdog not sure I could eat a whole chorizo, and Marcus made healthy fish and chips.

The second heat started with Gary Mehigan coming in with a Mr Whippy van and no surprise it was an icecream challenge.

Caroline clearly has been watching the main Masterchef and made two batches of ice-cream just in case one stuffed up.  Indigo who had manicured fingernails made it through to the top 20 with a delicious kulfi. It was no surprise that cute boy Dee got through with his hazelnut parfait, and Chandler who already has his own business cards made into the top twenty as well as he shizzled out some brandy snaps.

1 davo { 09.27.11 at 7:36 am }

I loved the show last night. Fantastic sets and fantastic kids. Im not a huge fan of the Judges however, I find them all a little fake.
I just downloaded the Indian ice-cream dish. It looks amazing!
I am really looking forward to this season. Shame its only on Sunday and Mondays.

2 Renocrazy { 09.27.11 at 9:32 am }

Wow. This is how to run a show. Junior Masterchef contestants actually get to cook.(unlike renovators who rarely get to renovate). Judges and contestant are capable and knowledgeable. Loved it, keep it up guys.

3 Toby Tom { 09.27.11 at 10:27 am }

I always have mixed feelings watching it, and it’s hard to think how the background of some of these kids is such a big factor in whether they’re going to get through or not. Still it is decent television.

4 Culinary Boner { 09.27.11 at 10:50 am }

Again the cooking starred, which was good in comparison to the adult version. And once again the quality looked bonza.

I did get a chuckle when Gary was channelling Kinko the Kid Loving Clown in his Mr Whippy van. I would’ve been calling my kids in pronto if he came down my street: “Stay away from the funny looking fat man. Ya hear. Keep away.”

5 ELegham { 10.03.11 at 6:01 pm }

Call me naive but are the contestants prepped before the show? i.e. they are told what categories of food they will be cooking before the show is taped?

6 ELegham { 10.03.11 at 6:03 pm }

PS I am an Anna fan – she is her lovely self on all shows she is on!

7 Renocrazy { 10.03.11 at 6:36 pm }

Another great episode, with smart kids and fun, sympathetic judges. Even Julia did well. The skill level of these kids astounds me.
It almost makes me wish i had learned to cook, those cakes look 100 times better than shop bought..
Don’t know if they’re prepped but even if they are they’re still amazing.