The One – A Psychic Competition Show Premieres On Oct 5 On Seven

The One a show where psychics compete against each other to win the title of best psychic must come under the reality TV genre.

The show will premiere on Channel Seven on Wednesday 5 October at 7.30pm. The show is hosted by Andrew Daddo and 10 psychics will go head to head in challenges with one eliminated each week.

The publicity blurb says:

The Search for Australia’s Most Gifted Psychic, hosted by Andrew Daddo, will feature 10 of Australia’s top psychics in a quest to determine who is ‘The One’ and challenge the way we think about psychic phenomena.

Each week The One’s psychics will showcase their abilities in a series of studio and location challenges, such as finding a thief on a crowded train, or solving a real unpublicised murder.

Psychic abilities including clairvoyance, telepathy, medical intuition, predictive and remote viewing, mediumship and psychometry will be explored throughout the series.

The One’s expert panel – metaphysicist Stacey Demarco and skeptic Richard Saunders – will decide who stays and who goes until the final episode when Australia will vote which of the remaining three psychics is ‘The One’.

Host Andrew Daddo finds it impossible to reject the psychics’ level of skill and dedication.

“To dismiss their intuitions and talents would be incredibly narrow minded and naïve,” says Daddo. “The fact psychics can do things most people can’t is not a reason to reject them. If psychic power is real, they should be celebrated.”

“I love watching them read people and situations, almost as much as I enjoy watching the person being read.”

With years of experience between them, The One’s panelists will be tough judges.

Demarco is an internationally-published author on metaphysical matters.

She has been impressed so far by the 10 psychics’ abilities and talents.

“I think the group we have on the show are very talented and I look forward to what they will do,” says Demarco.

Saunders has devoted more than a decade to testing psychic theory and is a member of Australian Skeptics, a group that investigates the paranormal from a scientific viewpoint.

He believes The One will also challenge people’s perception of what a skeptic is.

“I will never be a ‘cynic’ when it comes to believing in psychics. I am happy for psychic powers to exist and for all I know everyone is a psychic,” says Saunders.

“But until now the evidence has not convinced me so I am still skeptical.”

The One start on Channel 7 on Wednesday October 5 at 7.30pm

1 Culinary Boner { 09.27.11 at 2:17 pm }

“Demarco is an internationally-published author on metaphysical matters.” You sure she’s not just a witch, Raver?

http://www.themodernwitch.com/whois.htm – Yes, but does she float?

She’s a comedian though…as this quote from her website teste-fies:-

“My most humiliating moment was… accidentally dropping a swear word whilst speaking to a large audience. I meant to say “Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt”. I didn’t say Hunt.”

Just what TV needs a Goddess of the K-K-K-Hu…

2 Culinary Boner { 09.27.11 at 2:21 pm }

Oh, and Ita recommends the following after a sweatty session with the Norse God of your dreams…

3 brain dead dave { 09.27.11 at 2:39 pm }

It’s produced by a team of ghost writers, yeah?

If the “p$ychics” can go at picking out thieves on a crowded train(yawn), shouldn’t they dig deep and pick out paedophiles and terrorists while they’re at it? Nah, they’d rather roll the dice and go onto a reality television show and promote themselves. Just a gut feeling I’m having.

4 Culinary Boner { 09.27.11 at 2:40 pm }

Apo-logies for the multiple postings here, but this blog entry and the modernwitch website have just tickled me funny bone…I’ve even started cackling as I cack meself (my work mates are tutt-tutting).

Here’s the rest of the blurb for Thor Bath Salts: “This blend is an amazing potion of Frankincense, Benzoin and Cedarwood infuded into Himalayan and Australian sea salt, all of which has been energized by using Fulgarite. Fulgarite is lightning made solid! When lightning hits the ground, sand particularly, it fuses into this stone! Perfect to represent the God of Thunder and Lightning!”

Infuded? wtf?
Now are they sure this isn’t Fuglarite, instead of Fulgarite?
The substance responsible for infuding the looks of George C and Matt P and all them feral Manly supporters?

5 brain dead dave { 09.27.11 at 2:50 pm }

WTF -(What the fuglarite?)

Hears thunder and lightning strike. – “What the fuglarite was that?”.

6 Culinary Boner { 09.27.11 at 2:51 pm }

bdd, they’d pick terrorists the same way Pauline Hanson and ASIO do –
Yeah that one there …the one with the beard without the ‘tache and towel on ‘is ‘ead. No, no…not ‘im. That’s Thomas Kenneally. The dusky skinned one, you moron.

7 brain dead dave { 09.27.11 at 3:00 pm }

No ! Not the one there in 7A and B with the moustache eating,that’s Julie Goodwin!

8 Culinary Boner { 09.27.11 at 3:53 pm }

Apparently Thor’s mighty hammer is off limits for pregnant women. Sorry, to break the bad news to all you ladies that are up the duff… http://www.themodernwitch.com/shoppingcart/products.php?product=THOR-Special-Edition-Synergistic-Bath-Salts

Not to self: must buy the following to fill Mrs Boner’s Xmas stocking – ‘Witch in the Bedroom’. Though not the following which brings back bad memories of a previous unlamented job – ‘There’s a Witch in the Boardroom’ (No kidding, I thought she was a harpy instead?).

9 Remued { 09.27.11 at 6:18 pm }

I swear I’ve seen this show before… Was there a version of it on Foxtel?

Maybe I’m just psychic! o_O

10 Paul { 09.27.11 at 9:20 pm }

I foresee this not lasting long.

11 TV Girl { 09.27.11 at 10:12 pm }

The first series of The One aired on Seven in 2008 (also hosted by Andrew Daddo and with the same judges)… Mitchell Coombes from The Morning Show was a contestant.

12 Cheryl { 09.27.11 at 10:45 pm }

I thought I’d seen it a couple of years ago. It wasn’t that good then, don’t expect it to be much better now.

13 Culinary Boner { 09.28.11 at 9:05 am }

“10 psychics will go head to head in challenges with one eliminated each week”

shouldn’t that read ‘aura to aura’?

14 brain dead dave { 09.28.11 at 10:36 am }

I hope these idiots aren’t being paid $4.95 /min like they charge in the classifieds.

15 Culinary Boner { 09.28.11 at 10:45 am }

Wonder if they offer a phone service as good as this?>

16 AngelSN86 { 09.28.11 at 11:51 am }

Did the first season really do well enough to justify a second season? I watched bits and pieces of it and was pretty underwhelmed. Had to laugh in one challenge where they had to find the ‘lost little boy’ in the bush and most of them went in the complete opposite direction, lol. I think only 1 or 2 people actually found him in the time limit and 1 more was getting close but ran out of time.

17 NotTheOne { 10.06.11 at 8:57 pm }

The female judge on this show is an A-Grade cunt. Had the unfortunate experience of meeting her once. Bit of a joke. Talk about an ego… Big fish in a very small pond. Needs to get over herself.

18 Michael Welch { 10.12.11 at 5:53 pm }

I just can’t see the fun in watching a show where the competitors already know if they won or lost before it even begins

19 QTbec { 10.27.11 at 2:16 pm }

Wow.. can’t believe how incredibly negative these comments are. Why bother writing anything at all… who really cares anyway? so watch it or don’t watch it… No-one cares!!!! Instead of highlighting how crap the show / judges are all you’ve done is made yourselves look small.

20 Ross Lynch Phone Number { 03.09.14 at 1:50 pm }

I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.
I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly.
I’m quite certain I’ll learn many new stuff right here!
Best of luck for the next!

21 binary option brokers { 04.27.14 at 7:11 pm }

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly useful
& it helped me out a lot. I hope to provide something again and aid others such
as you helped me.

22 Dorine { 05.23.14 at 6:59 pm }

Also introduced the Broadstone ™ reference platform, including 40nm BCM28150 HSPA + single-chip system (So – C) processor, smart phones,
BCM2091 radio transceiver IC and support for charging and audio,
advanced power management unit (PMU) BCM59056, Broadcom’s complete and uses world-class wireless interconnection technology.
As technology progresses, cab companies continue to do all they can to keep up and to incorporate
new equipment into their vehicles. The fitness movement also helped to transform
the nutritional and dietary supplements into a multi-billion powerhouse.