Spoiler: The Renovators – The First Two Auction Prices Are Out

You always knew it would happen but the auction results for the two houses that were up for sale last night are now out.

Frankly I think it is a bit bizarre that Property Observer are the ones dropping the clanger on how much the Parramatta Weatherboard and the Marrickville shop sold for.

I am not going to put the prices up on the blog as there will be readers who won’t want to know.

I am always a bit conflicted by spoilers – you think you want to know them, but then finding them out always takes the suspense out of the show.

However click here if you just have to know now.

I would advise people who don’t want to know to not look at the comment thread either.

1 nanaliz { 10.01.11 at 3:20 pm }

JandB please whisper what half done price was? I promise I won’t tell. he he

2 JandB { 10.01.11 at 3:28 pm }

SPOILER (although surely if you are reading the comments you know that we are discussing the prices of the houses)

Jamison has given the half done house price on this comment thread- http://www.realityravings.com/2011/09/30/the-renovators-good-result-but-the-elimination-challenges-are-unfair/ as $770
k which means a pretty hefty loss :)

3 nanaliz { 10.01.11 at 3:35 pm }

Sorry JandB missed that one, so only terrace to go or did I miss that too.

4 Reality Ranter { 10.01.11 at 4:29 pm }

Some people need to understand the world does not revolve around them and that when people comment here at this topic it could be in reply to anyone not just YOU! Far out, how disgraceful and to constantly use someones user name in the comment over and over is just awful. Back to the topic does anyone at all know how much the Inner City Terrace went for at auction? I would really really love to know and this seems to be the best place on the net for finding stuff about the show out , thanks in advance 😉

5 Eliza { 10.01.11 at 6:02 pm }

I think Ch10 are just trying to confuse us all. Like all of you, I was under the impression throughout the series that the profit margin would come from the price of the house, plus the renovating budget. Whatever was made on top of this would be the profit. This is how the judges have been making it seem as well.

In the article from the Property Observer site posted on Friday, it seems as though they are trying to back peddle from releasing the results of the first 2 auctions (although they can be found quite easily through social media). They too mention that there were reserve prices set, and that these reserve prices, not the cost of the house + reno spend, will determine the winner. By all means, this could just be a ploy to try and confuse us all and create uncertainty to ensure we watch through to the end. I agree with you all, it wouldn’t make sense to throw a reserve price into the mix now, especially as they would have to be lower than the amount spent on buying and renovating the houses for some of the houses to have come out on top. The article can be found here:

I too would LOVE to know the result from the Terrace. The Fibro did well but I wouldn’t say REALLY well, unless that is in comparison to the rest of the poor houses.. meaning that the winner could be the Terrace?! That wouldn’t be a bad result, as it did look to me to be the best finished and styled overall. Luke has been a strong performer throughout and has also appeared well liked and gracious.. considering he is still the key holder, that is.

6 Minnie Amber { 10.01.11 at 6:10 pm }

eliza thats what confused me as well. i guess well jst have to wait for finale to know for sure but it wouldnt make sense to change the rules now. They were expecting 1.1 million for terrace so it may have taken it out well see

7 JandB { 10.01.11 at 6:15 pm }

SPOILER AGAIN: The terrace price was posted on another thread (again by Jamison- thanks!!) as 925. Now we have the complete set :)

8 Fides { 10.01.11 at 7:51 pm }

I’m assuming Luke held onto the Terrace keys as someone here saw him at one of the auctions. Also, there’s a framed photo of his daughter in the walk in robe in the agent’s photos. (I’d noticed that photo before, and it being his daughter was confirmed on last night’s show).

Woohoo! So if that’s the set, and there aren’t any mysterious reserve prices, that would make the Fibro the winner. You’d think it would be simple, but who knows with the way ch10’s been mucking around with this show.

So if it’s based on what they’ve said all along :

3 profit making houses :
Fibro : $68 012 18.28%
Terrace : $25 732 2.86%
Weatherboard : $ 1145 0.2 %

The houses which made losses :
Shop : $13 676 1.92%
60s Suburban : $28 194 3.72 %
Half Done House : $32 084 4.00%

Which would mean the winner walks away with : $94 889 (or if losses are taken into account, $20 935).

9 sue { 10.02.11 at 8:51 am }

thanx for update Fides, and for putting all the houses in 1 post- I was too lazy to go thru them all and correlate the prices etc… :)

hopefully the losses do not come off the profits, or else it will make the time spent on this project relatively unworthwhile…. I hope Michael still had the keys too :)

10 Lily { 10.03.11 at 3:30 am }

So far I have found out that….

Inner city sold at $925,000 then it made 18.9% percent

The shop originally was $594,730 and sold for $713 676 adding up to about 15% profit

Weatherboard was originally $478,213 and sold for $573 855 adding up to about 16.8% profit

Sixties suburban went for $730,000 that means it made only 13.4%

fibro cottage went for $440,000 that means they made 29% profit

I just don’t know the half done house anyone know?

11 Lily { 10.03.11 at 3:38 am }

Hi again, I just realised that Fides gave the answers Thanks

12 Lily { 10.03.11 at 3:51 am }

Fibro Win that is awesome……………I hope that Micheal and Jarrad half the money because it has just been them two since week 3

13 Fides { 10.03.11 at 11:02 am }

Lily – my figures include the renovation budget so by those calculations, only half the houses made profits. Though maybe in the end, with the poor results, the producers may decide to only take original house purchase price into consideration…

If those are indeed the final sale prices, I feel strangely conflicted and troubled watching this week. All the contestants look so exhausted, especially Nathan who could hardly keep his eyes open last night, and Keenan. Whenever Brendan talks about winner taking profits from all 6 houses, I doubt they ever figured that losses could occur – now when their eyes light up, I feel bad watching. Even if they weren’t in it for the money (like Michael said a few weeks back) and entered more for the professional challenge, the fact that months of hard work and separation from their families results in making a loss would be hard to take.

Oh dear, now I really know why they call it a spoiler!

14 GHarris { 10.03.11 at 2:56 pm }

**************************SPOILER*******DONT READ IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW WHAT ORDER THE HOUSES CAME IN ******************
This is the order they came in: 1stfibro2ndinnercity3rdweatherboard4thshop5thsixtiessuburban6thhalfdone
******************************************

15 sue { 10.03.11 at 8:28 pm }

yay, yay, yay- my favourite team won :) I hope Michael still had the keys, even though I do like Jarrod too… :)

16 Pamie { 10.04.11 at 1:13 pm }

I’m not surprised the half done house did so badly considering the french doors opening from the bathroom. No wonder Peter said he didn’t think anyone would use this room.
Maybe no one is supposed to use the kitchen either as it is very small and those mirrors are just plain bad taste.
BTW Has anyone succeeded in finding the laundry?

17 Kate { 10.04.11 at 1:40 pm }

Laundry? Perhaps clothes are just for show. Like main bathrooms.

I have a bad feeling it is a European laundry…. in that Tiny kitchen!!

18 Culinary Boner { 10.04.11 at 1:59 pm }

The losses should be tallied into the prize pool as per Fides post.
This is reality TV afterall, not some third-rate Euro economy like Greece where the losses are carried by yer neighbours in three houses down in Germany.

So this means:
– a whopping, well-deserved $20K for the winner (working out at the labor rate equivalent of the prison allowance, just better than the slavery rate of the losing constestants)
– a major ratings and prestige loss for Ten; and,
– lots of nail biting for the 2012 season of MasterChef which gets passed on the ‘brains trust’ at Shine, the mob responsible for this poorly conceived and produced show as well as other televisual abominations like Iron Chef Australia and Dating in the Dark.

19 LadyDaylesford { 10.08.11 at 1:20 am }

I am devastated, I was barracking for the half done house!

20 Fides { 10.08.11 at 4:25 pm }

Don’t know if I can bear to watch the auctions, especially after Mel’s talking about getting $720 for the weatherboard. How are they going to portray and edit her shock and disappointment when it sells for $575?

And considering she said last night that she’s $2K over, the weatherboard will have to join the other 3 houses which have made losses.

21 Aussie Renovator { 10.08.11 at 7:41 pm }

Yes agree I can see now why there was only a bar fridge in the Weatherboards kitchen!

22 Brenda { 10.09.11 at 5:47 pm }

I know for a fact that the inner city terrace sold for more then the price Lily said above!!!

23 sue { 10.09.11 at 5:55 pm }

brenda- how do you know, because all the other info from more than 1 source, seems to be pointing towards the inncer city coming 2nd, so what did it sell for- according to your info? :)

24 kess { 10.10.11 at 4:31 pm }

Doubt those figures for the half done house.
I’m almost expecting it wins by the chirpy tweets from peter, no spoilers, and it may mean nothing but he seems very happy – maybe he’s just happy with all the work he’s getting and the fact this torture is over.