The X Factor – Guy Apologises To Mitchell And Another Singer Gone

Well the Guy versus Mitchell stoush (read about it here) ended tonight with Guy apologising to Mitchell for his badly timed criticism.

I thought Guy looked a little bit shaken. I wonder if the producers wanted him to apologise or he truly did think what he said was inappropriate.

There has been some media about the whole kerfuffle today with Nat Bass on Kyle and Jackie O saying Matthew Callaway could leave the show, and Matthew tweeting there was no way he was leaving. The Daily Telegraph confirmed there had been an incident between him and Declan.

The article states:

CHANNEL 7 has been forced to admit a clash between The X Factor contestant Mitchell Callaway and his younger rival Declan Sykes is the real reason behind an on-air rebuke from mentor Guy Sebastian.

The singers were involved in a verbal and physical stoush two weeks ago when Sykes, 15, took offence at being pricked with a pin by the 25-year-old.

Callaway, a member of the over-25s team, was “stirring up” a few contestants by “pricking them with a pin”, a Seven source said.

Sykes reportedly retaliated by telling Callaway to “f**k off” – which is believed to have angered the hot-headed concreter.

Concerned for his teenage charge, who has Asperger’s syndrome, Sebastian raised the incident with producers last week.

Why do you prick someone with a pin? Seems like Declan has more maturity then him and he is ten years younger.

Anyhow Mitchell was safe tonight with the bottom two being Jacqui Newland, again, and Young Men Society. It was a bit of a shock that Young Men Society were there as they were quite good, however sometimes performing first can be lethal as not all viewers have sat down to watch the show.

As soon as Jacqui knew she was in the bottom the stench of death just emanated from her. Her version of Just A Girl was not good, she had a crazed look on her face the whole song. No surprise Nat and Guy voted for her to leave and along with Ronan’s vote she was gone. Jacqui Newland was eliminated and Mel B is now just left with Christina Parie.

1 smauge { 10.04.11 at 10:22 pm }

I didn’t realize Declan has Aspergers. I might have to start watching!

2 brain dead dave { 10.04.11 at 11:18 pm }

Good on Declan for telling that tone deaf thug where to go.

Sticking pins into folks while he could be off learning lyrics. That’s pretty tough but hey this crooning crim is every night looking like a frightened, music mauling marsupial trapped in the headlights constantly on the verge of tears. You want to reach into the TV and pass the poor bastard a tissue….then you’re conflicted by how bad his singing is.

I think Mitchell is suited to small audiences ..perhaps a prison exercise yard.

Hats off to Ch 7 for scraping the bottom of the sewer and finding Mitchell Callaway.

3 OL { 10.05.11 at 2:05 am }

Who’s Matthew?

4 Culinary Boner { 10.05.11 at 9:57 am }

Police arrested a man today armed with a compass….

The man was alleged to have been pricking the backsides of reality show inmates on X-factor. “It felt like I was back in the 9B classroom”, one of his alleged victims said. “And that was just from having to listen to Guy. You can imagine my surprise when I felt this excrutiating jabbing pain in my bum. I was looking around for Rohan, but I saw this ugly tatooed man instead.”
Police later confiscated the compass and released the man with a caution. A spokesman also called for new laws to give police greater powers to deal with crimes against music.

5 TMC { 10.05.11 at 11:10 am }

What a prick

6 Anonymous { 10.05.11 at 11:43 am }

Young Men Society???!!

Are they an aussie offshot of NAMBLA? – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartman_Joins_NAMBLA

7 some random { 10.05.11 at 3:43 pm }

Mel b is left with Christina Parie, the winner or runner-up of the x factor 2011…

8 Minnie Amber { 10.05.11 at 6:21 pm }

declan has been my favourite from the start so i hope he wins. im glad ch 7 dealt with the issue coz mitchell should not have been a total prick and im glad guy apologised last nite

9 Debbie { 10.06.11 at 5:18 am }

As a judge I thought Guy Sebastian was well within his rights to judge his performances onstage and backstage and call him on having a bad attitude in this industry.
I did not understand the backlash against Guy for just doing his X factor job. I did not understand why he had to apologise for being a judge. Mitchell signed on for public appraisal of his talent by all judges and the Australian public. Storming off and banging doors and saying he wasnt coming back after he was nicely told to reign in the bad attitude and be more respectful of people around him helping him during x factor says it all to me. The shy, soft spoken bloke we see on screen each week is not real but a manufactured personna to gain public sympathy.

10 jdt { 01.26.12 at 6:48 pm }

Guy Sebastian was out of line commenting about Mitchell should have addressed issue backstage but then again it is Guy. I like Mitchell and if he was rude which from the reaction of other judges appeared to be only Guys opinion of the matter then deal with it behind the scheme Guy is playing dirty because his loser Johnny can’t sing