Beauty And The Geek – A Lot Of Snogging Tonight

Is this show riggged? Adam gets a question about Alisa Camplin and what sport she was in, and also asked which team basketball player Lauren Jackson played for. Whereas Jimmy was asked what sport was Dawn Fraser famous for, and the names of the Williams sisters. Jimmy is good geek talent they needed to keep him in.

Bendeguz is obviously hamming it up his posture after he won the roller derby challenge was fake. For an actor or fake geek he actually isn’t giving great TV. I don’t see a Home and Away contract coming his way soon.

There was some romance on the show with Mackenzie and Troy hooking up. Helen realised Troy was making their team vulnerable for nomination of elimination as the other girls would be peeved he had not hooked up with them.

Jimmy looked a bit hurt when told what his partner was up to. However he justified it with a “Luke saves the universe, and Han gets the girl”.

Lachan and Jordan’s romance seemed genuine and she was more enthusiastic then him with the tongue action. Hopefully this will be the first genuine Beauty and The Geek romance.

They were trying to hint at a potential attraction between Theo and Helen, but as seen in a previous blog post Helen has a boyfriend.

Adam and Emma were eliminated.

1 Wurstsemmel { 10.07.11 at 9:26 am }

Yes, of course, it’s rigged beyond belief and obviously so. Even though the contestants choose the question number, there’s nothing to stop Bernard (Is he really host material? He looks lke he belongs with the Geeks) reading out whatever question he wants.

The show can be amusing, a bit of fun but that’s as far as it goes.

2 Culinary Boner { 10.07.11 at 9:41 am }

“For an actor or fake geek he actually isn’t giving great TV. I don’t see a Home and Away contract coming his way soon.”

He’d make a good Thunderbird bit-part villian, though:-
Bendi Barbershop: “Lady Penelope, Parker is now my slave, aren’t you Parker, you snivellin’ snot rag.”
Parker *gagged, bound and lashed over the back of a camel*: “Hrmf, hrmf”
Lady Penelope: “Fuck that, you filthy moustachioed foreigner. I’ve booked a manicure today and Princess Margaret’s having me over for afternoon tea and an orgy.” *Calls on her pearl bracelet* “Calling Thunderbird 4. Calling Thunderbird 4. Urgent assistance required. Need to be rid of smirking Fez wearing villian so Parkie can drive the Roller today.” *bracelet crackles inaudibly*….

3 Fi { 10.07.11 at 9:53 am }

I agree about it being rigged. I was saying the same thing to my husband while watching it. They obviously wanted to keep one geek in the show and are probably hoping for more action between troy and the beauty.

4 Reality Raver { 10.07.11 at 10:11 am }

Wurstsemmel and Fides – my theory on the numbered questions is – on the card has a question for Jimmy AND a question for Adam. The question about Lauren Jackson was outrageous.

5 Reality Raver { 10.07.11 at 10:12 am }

Oh Culinary Boner the thunderbird quote means you are showing your age. It has not been on for at least two decades.

6 Culinary Boner { 10.07.11 at 10:38 am }

GO! 6.00am, this Saturday, me Lady.

7 Lauren { 10.07.11 at 11:26 am }

Leia is Luke’s sister! gross
theres a reason Han gets that girl

8 Anonymous { 10.07.11 at 11:29 am }

“Whereas Jimmy was asked what sport was Dawn Fraser famous for…”

He answered drinking, I hope.
Otherwise he truly is a nerd.

9 Alex { 10.07.11 at 2:10 pm }

@ Raver – I have been telling my wife the exact same thing, that I believe that Bernard has 2 sets of questions on each numbered card, and that:
1: They are tailored to the known (or unknown) knowledge of the teams that are nominated.
2: The decision on who they want to leave is based on their entertainment value. I have seen virtually nothing of Emma that stands out so far, and Adam did little more then look hairy & quiet in the background.
3: I also think there may even be some coaching on the contestants part to some answers they might need, or even some suggestions to who the round winners should nominate for elimination.

10 brain dead dave { 10.07.11 at 3:04 pm }

I Kissed A Geek And I Liked It.

The prawn getting pashed in the spa, it looked like his first kiss. Maybe he’ll regret one day that it was nationally broadcast.

The beauty who didn’t know what IQ meant. Gold.

It’s one of those shows where it doesn’t matter to me if it’s rigged
or not.

You’d think a shaving company or manufacturer of breath mints would step up and sponsor this stuff.