Beauty And The Geek – Gilbert Shines With His Varied Expressions

One thing that disturbs me about this show is that the geeks seem to like the girls who are attractive but vacuous. What type of role model is this to girls watching? Even weedy nerds think these girls are interesting. Is beauty a better trait to have then brains in women? Does it get you further?

I suppose the proof will be in the pudding in next week’s show where the opportunity arises for the geeks to swap the beauties for geek girls.

In the preview Mackenzie whines to Jimmy “Your going to get rid of me for a girl you have known for 30 minutes”.

Hopefully Jimmy will say ” Yes I am, because I will have more chance of getting laid with her, and you are shagging the himbo Troy!”

But alas he won’t.

Speaking of painful conversations tonight there was one between Gilbert and Dolly. It appears to be obligatory each season for a geek to declare to a beauty that he likes her, and she replies “I think your nice but I don’t want to shag you” or something like you.

Gilbert was a star tonight in the cheerleading challenge, in fact if  his face had shown some emotion he and Maddy might have won. Though Gilbert was more animated then the professional cheerleading judges.

However this challenge went to Lachlan, whose face was more animated then his body, and Sarah. However Sarah did do a very smooth jump up onto Lachlan’s shoulders.

Another highlight of the cheerleading challenge was Helen and Troy. She had her leg in a brace and he just did not have the moves at all.

The other challenge was the beauties teaching a class about science. There was a fake scene where one of the boy kids pretended he was going to throw up in the anatomy lecture by one of the beauties.

Jordan and Julian won because they exploded a volcano full of paint on themselves. The props department out did themselves.

Jordan and Julian nominated Bendeguz and Dolly, and Lachlan and Sarah nominated Theo and Jacelle.

Theo stuffed up his questions, but he again got the harder ones and they were gone. I had been hoping Bendeguz would be flicked his entertainment value is low.

1 Carmen { 10.14.11 at 9:19 am }

I am strangely addicted to this show even though I know that it is totally exaggerated and over the top! Bit worried about the examples they set for the kids in the classroom scenes though – “don’t worry about learning and being smart, as long as you’re good looking and funny you will get on TV”.

2 Culinary Boner { 10.14.11 at 9:19 am }

Those cheerleading ‘judges’ had all the pizzaz of a pair of dog show judges.

Bendi’s peformance contract must still have a few more weeks to run based on the dead-easy questions he was given compared to those thrown at Theo.

3 seepi { 10.14.11 at 9:25 am }

I was hoping Bendy was gone too – he looks good (funny) in group scenes, but doesn’t say much.

Theo seemed lovely. I feel sorry for the guys who leave before the makeovers – altho they are only making over 2 of the guys next week?

4 seepi { 10.14.11 at 9:26 am }

ps I wonder how many of the awkward geeks went to single sex schools and /or have no sisters or female friends/cousins etc. They seem to just have no idea about women at all, and treat them as some kind of unknown ‘other’.

Which is also why they are going for the bimbos – they would go for anyone. i thought it was quite sweet that many of them liked geeky Helen as soon as she arrived. NOt sure the female geek/himbo addition to the show is really working for them tough – especially if Helen has a boyfriend.

5 Culinary Boner { 10.14.11 at 10:07 am }

I sorta like the condescending and almost pitying looks Helen gives her gym-bo meathead-a-saurus.

6 AngelSN86 { 10.14.11 at 2:44 pm }

The female geek/himbo combination are at a massive disadvantage because the geek challenges are based on things that a female beauty would know, not a male beauty. As we saw last night with the cheerleading challenge, poor Troy and Helen were like the blind leading the blind.

I actually don’t mind Bendy, I’m okay with him staying. I just want to see them shave his mo off in makeovers and fix his hair, lol.

Its annoying because I have favourite contestants but not a favourite couple because the geeks I like are with beauties I don’t like and vice versa, lol. I like Lachlan but his beauty’s mouth freaks me out. I think its her teeth, they’re just too big and shiny.

7 Culinary Boner { 10.14.11 at 5:33 pm }

Lachlan and Sarah (don’t those names go together so well…*ahhh nice*) should have tried this move –
(warning features Nigel Lythgoe’s hairstyle)

Can a beauty be a geek at the same time? Sarah sort of manages both.

8 Culinary Boner { 10.14.11 at 5:35 pm }
9 jord { 10.15.11 at 11:10 pm }

I can’t believe how much I am LOVING this show, Lachlan for the win!!

10 some random { 10.16.11 at 10:58 am }

Definitely go Lachlan! or second choice, Jordan!

why do i like this show….

11 Reality Raver { 10.16.11 at 11:18 am }

The reason we love this show is that for some reason it works and is entertaining.

12 AJ { 10.17.11 at 9:31 am }

I wish Bendeguz and Dolly had been eliminated. Neither of them are particularly interesting and I’m guessing they’re only keeping them because of the possible “romance” between Dolly and Gilbert? Bende-goose sure doesn’t provide any entertainment value and for an actor playing a role, I’m sure the producers expected better.

And why only two make-overs next week? They should do what they did last year (or was it on the US version) where they gave the eliminated couples a small budget and allowed the beauties to give their geeks a make-over. A few of the eliminated geeks needed a make-over much more than remaining “geeks” like Lachlan (who just needs to wear his “cool” glasses instead of the “geek” frames they gave him), Bende-goose (who simply needs to shave his moustache) and Helen (who clearly would not dress like that in “real life”).