Survivor South Pacific – Grossest Challenge Ever?

Tonight on Survivor South Pacific the reward and elimination challenge was disgusting. Each team had a pig on a spit they had to rip meat off with their mouth and fill a basket. This challenge was grosser then the time they had to eat duck embryos in an earlier series.

Coach’s team just pipped Ozzy’s so they were safe.

Speaking of Coach did anyone else think he should have handed the immunity idol he found to Albert? Or at least offered to? Albert found a clue, and then told Coach and Sophie, then Coach then found it.

Anyway back in Ozzy’s camp Declan, Jimmy and Dawn cooked up a great blindside on Elyse. Ozzy and her had a thing happening so it needed to be busted up sooner rather than later. I am not really liking Ozzy this season, he just comes across as a touch arrogant.

Finally Stacey the mortician lost at Redemption Island. Christine is still in the game. Stacey had a mini meltdown before the challenge and refused to call Coach by his nickname but by his real name Benjamin. Coach’s reaction to this when he was told was ridiculous, and also a bad play by him as he came across as aggressive.

Here is an exit interview with Stacey from Reality TV World.

1 Cheryl { 10.19.11 at 1:45 am }

Ozzy was pretty arrogant the last time he played as well, he couldn’t have been blindsided the way he was in Fans vs Favourites if he hadn’t thought he was in control of his tribe. His game still hasn’t changed from the first time where he believed that as long as he kept feeding the tribe they would keep him informed about what was going on. Parvati showed him last time that the social game wasn’t just about finding one person to team up with and Boston Rob should have shown him last season that you need to make relationships with everyone on the tribe, not just your “core alliance”. He just hasn’t learnt.

Calling himself a “free agent” in the preview for next week is pretty much Survivor code for “will be voted out before or soon after the merge” because everyone else will be forging tighter alliances instead of burning the ones he had. This is the time to change strategies, not have a hissy fit.

2 PollyB { 10.19.11 at 7:21 am }

That challenge was disgusting. Ozzy is so arrogant, finally game on. Coach is a dick, although I’d rather see him progress than crazy woman left on RI.

3 Calliegirl { 10.19.11 at 8:40 am }

Just love this show. Disgusting challenge – will the people who broke a tooth receive dental care while there? Probably not – stupid question! Loved the meltdown by Stacey. Don’t blame her for refusing the ‘hug’ offered by ‘Stupid Coach’ last week. Loved that she told the other team what he was really like. Loved the ‘blindside of Elyse’. No wonder this show keeps going as it is just sooooooo goooooooood.

4 Georgie { 10.19.11 at 8:44 am }

Damn I slept through most it.
PollyB I agree, Coach is a (small) dick – and nothing’s changed since his first run either.

5 Georgie { 10.19.11 at 8:57 am }

And a bit more on Coach – he thinks he’s soooo cooool! Dragon Slayer for pity sake – what a fuckwit.
I know why they have him there – hate magnet! Pathetic.

6 brandy { 10.19.11 at 10:15 am }

It’s Cochrane. there is no Declan on this show. His name is John Cochrane.

7 Reality Raver { 10.19.11 at 12:18 pm }

Brandy – sorry crossing over shows from The X Factor. I am pleased Cochrane who is a Survivor savant is starting to play the game.

Georgie and Polly B – Interesting about Coach I am preferring him to Ozzy this season. But his ego is starting to get out of control. I think he will be eliminated sooner rather than later.

Calliegirl – yes will Coach hug everyone when he is eliminated?

Cheryl – Yes next weeks ep where Ozzy has a hissy fit looks like a cracker. People keep Ozzy around because of the group challenges, however once he hits individual immunity challenges people will want him off and fast. I don’t see Ozzy or Coach winning this season. Whitney looks like she will go far.

8 Chunks { 10.19.11 at 12:54 pm }

Can’t stand Ozzy. I think I even prefer Coach. Best blindside ever on Survivor. Just the thing the silly competitors should been done to Amber way back in the first All Stars series, but… ah Boston Rob was in charge then. RR I don’t see why Coach would give up the idol. It’s a game and the aim is to be the winner – it was dumb of Albert to share the clue. The idol protects a single person, not a whole team.

9 Cherkin { 10.19.11 at 7:53 pm }

I can’t believe they didn’t get rid of Ozzy when thy had a chance. He would never have seen it coming and then he and the idol would be gone.

10 Susan { 10.20.11 at 12:33 am }

Coach is a tool – I couldn’t stand him on first series – now he just making me puke – so up himself!
Love a good blindside and too boot it was towards Ozzy as much as Elyse (reckon they really gettin it on under the ‘love blanket’??) – god, those camera men are good heh – getting those perfect shocked faces – c’mon, that can’t be staged heh???
Am really like Dawn and Cochrane – hope they can work something out with Jim – he seems too arrogant to win but they could ride along with him – Albert is a knob too!
God, i can’t believe I am still watching after 25 series – Am with ya Calliegirl – this is great!
And yes, Cheryl – totally agree on the ‘free agent’ comment next week- sorta like – watch out I’m gone soon!

11 Picnic { 10.20.11 at 4:20 am }

Love, love, love this show! Its helping me over Renovators withdrawals.
Agree Ossie is way to arrogant this season and Coach is a dick – but his team seem more united against him than Ossie’s. Lovin’ Cochrane living his dream.
That challenge was so disgusting I almost chucked and I cant believe none of the contestants heaved, maybe because they have no food in their stomachs. Also cant believe they didn’t eat the first bite! It shows how hungry they are that they went back to camp and ate it
Nephew Hanze is a nut job and I had trouble understanding Stacey – lots of entertaining characters

12 Picnic { 10.20.11 at 8:11 am }

woops, meant to say that Coach’s team seem more united with him – not against him

13 Marepoppin { 10.20.11 at 10:28 am }

Watched this ep last night and was disgusted by the challenge, fast forwarded thru it actually. I can’t believe they ate it after. That’s truly stomach churning. I also found elyse’s patronisation of Cochrane sickening…. Practically patting him on the head for being a good little dork and doing all the work. Glad she’s gone, looking forward to seeing the fallout from Ozzy.
They have medics out there, Dawn’ll prob get antibiotics to stave off infection til she can see a dentist

14 Dazza { 10.20.11 at 11:15 am }

Whitney or Sophie to win this series I think

15 PinkPatentMaryJanes { 10.20.11 at 11:38 am }

Damn I love this show, but even I had to avert my eyes the entire time that challenge was on. Love how they always manage to freshen it up and make it lively and interesting every single series. I’m actually a bit of a Dawn fan this series – but am LOVING Ozzy’s extraordinary knowledge of the camera – he works an angle better than some of the girls on ANTM (see him walking from the sea with the fish – looking for all the world like Daniel Craig as 007 – bless)

16 Calliegirl { 10.20.11 at 11:55 am }

PinkPatentMaryJanes – love your perception, picking up about Ozzy playing to the camera. You are spot on!!

17 Marepoppin { 10.20.11 at 12:00 pm }

This is terribly blasphemic but I thought when he walked up the beach bearing fish, with the hair and the facial hair, he looked like Jesus, come to bestow upon them… He has that whole provider complex going on

18 Trent { 10.20.11 at 2:57 pm }

Go Dawn!!! The only likeable character this season!! and the underdog.. they need to eliminate Ozzy and Coach immediately or it will be a repeat of last season on Boston Rob winning!

19 kess { 10.20.11 at 3:47 pm }

I love watching ozzy swim, but sheesh he’s dumb – neither Ozzy or Coach have the brains to do what BRob did. Looks like we could get them duelling against each other on that island tho.