Beauty And The Geek – The Make Overs

All episode I was watching for the shagging scene between Lachlan and Jordan, but all we got was a very tepid kiss between Dolly and Gilbert. I am not convinced she does have the hots for him.

However I don’t think Gilbert needs to worry about whether Dolly likes him or not. As after his make over where he revealed he had a six pack and some solid biceps he is going to have the girls flocking to him. He was a cutie, if it was not for the slight speech impediment you would not have known they were the same person.

No wonder he was excited about losing his “angry pirate or paddle pop lion” look.

Jimmy was another one who had a miracle makeover. On Twitter @kellymhall thought he looked like a modern James Dean, I thought he looked a bit like Jim Carey from The Truman Show.

After last week’s make over where poor Lachlan was sprayed bright orange and given that dreadful hair cut this week the styling team redeemed themselves.

Bendeguz however was not so keen. He was freaking out about the moustache going and being remade into a biker. He looked a bit psycho in is new persona. He appears to be a very intense person.

Julian was turned into a skater boy, and he looked really cute. Jordan said “Watch out girls”.

But the make overs were not the only shock for the evening Maddy left the house because of ill health. Apparently she has been ill since she came in the house. Jacelle who was the last beauty eliminated was back in to partner Gilbert.

The challenges were the guys designing costumes for the girls superhero persona. Jordy Jordy Bang Bang deservedly won even with the boob tube as a skirt. The guys challenge was doing “the full monty” which Gilbert won easily.

By the way has Jimmy got a crush on Helen? He was having a very intense conversation with her about how she was not only one of his favourites in the house, but outside the house as well.

Both of them were nominated with their respective partners, Troy and Mackenzie, so finally the love birds were going to be separated.

Helen and Troy were eliminated, this was because Helen was given a near impossible question to answer, about which was the most expensive Broadway show ever made. Not wanting to whip up a conspiracy theory but considering the other questions asked it appeared they wanted Jimmy and Mackenzie to stay.

1 some random { 10.28.11 at 10:40 pm }

Man, there would have been a blow-up on the forums if that first scene you mentioned was shown, it’s bad enough there just with the radio interview, imagine if it was on tv? There would be soooo many threads about it my head would start hurting…

2 CAM { 10.28.11 at 10:44 pm }

I second you: there is no way Dolly has the true hots for Gilbert, she wants more screen time. That kiss was embarrassingly tepid (good on Gilbert for giving it a shot though)…and Dolly’s commentary afterwards both to Gilbert (“let’s just take it slow”) and to camera (“he kissed me first and I, well, I kinda kissed him back”) suggests her feelings about him are tepid at best. He can DEFINITELY do better. Quite the hottie now…but I hope he doesn’t get all carried away with himself now. I love this show: some of the best trash on TV :)

3 some random { 10.28.11 at 10:51 pm }

Gilbert “I’m glad we did that”

Dolly “……………yeah, yeah, me too…..

4 Broadway geek? { 10.28.11 at 11:06 pm }

I don’t think Helen’s question was that hard. I could answer it… If anyone has kept an eye on entertainment news in the past few years, it was well known that the spider-man musical had run into money troubles numerous times with many actors getting injured. It would have been an easy guess…

5 some random { 10.28.11 at 11:09 pm }

Right…. are you one of those people who is really into spiderman and reads all of the comics? Is there even a spiderman comic? i actually don’t know…

6 Broadway geek? { 10.28.11 at 11:22 pm }

No… I’ve never touched a comic ever in my life, just read the NY times from time to to time.

7 How To Kiss well { 10.28.11 at 11:29 pm }

One important thing that you need to remember is the romance that it should involve. At that point, your steps on how to kiss well shouldn’t be focusing on the sexual desires you have for your partn

8 some random { 10.28.11 at 11:36 pm }

Right, i’ve never touched a comic book either and i read newspapers, on the internet..i guess then they are not really newspapers then hey? Anyway, i don’t know anything about spiderman apart from that his name is peter…something.

9 Georgie { 10.29.11 at 7:18 am }

Broadway Geek – of course you’re right, Helen’s question wouldn’t be hard for a broadway geek! Doh

10 some random { 10.29.11 at 12:01 pm }

What do you guys reckon Lachlan does next week that makes sarah cry, and leaves Jordan brokenhearted? Did he cheat do you think?

11 some random { 10.29.11 at 12:07 pm }

BTW, Gilbert didn’t win that easily, all of the voting sheets that were shown also scored cowboy geek (lachlan) a five, i think he only beat lachlan by a few points, even though he has clearly the best body, lachlan was a good performer, (then again so was gilbert)…

12 SED { 10.29.11 at 9:54 pm }

@Broadway Geek – as someone who does not read comics either I knew the answer too. Its been in the news because I think someone died on that show, Bono wrote some songs for it. Its fairly recent, oh and it was on ninemsn so its not just a NY Times article.

Doesnt Jimmy look like the main guy from the Big Bang Theory??

13 some random { 10.29.11 at 9:57 pm }

He does look like him, with a bit of charlie sheen…

14 Marepoppin { 10.29.11 at 11:36 pm }

Yes random, I def get the Charlie sheen vibe from jimmy. Golly, gilly’s a bit of alright isn’t he?

15 some random { 10.29.11 at 11:49 pm }

YEAH! like the freaky makeover guy said, he could be a model!

16 Dazza { 10.31.11 at 11:48 am }

Makeover look a likes – Jimmy was Hank Azaria

17 me { 10.31.11 at 3:49 pm }

Thought Jimmy looked a bit Johnny Cash

18 DrT { 10.31.11 at 10:23 pm }

I just feel sorry from “skater boy” Julian… he looks a bit like Where’s Wally?…

19 Marepoppin { 10.31.11 at 11:52 pm }

DrT, that is exactly who he looked like. Very poor styling there