Celebrity Apprentice – Deni Continues To Be Delusional

If TV stations could be prosecuted under the Trades Practices Act for false and misleading Channel Nine surely must have come close to a breach in their promo of Deni Hines and Pauline Hanson going head to head. It was a bit of an exaggeration. The impact of their “fight” was like they were hitting each other with bits of wet lettuce.

One of the girls should have lent over and given Deni a slap. They would have received a standing ovation from the viewers.

Deni Hines laid out her personal philosophy Β to camera “I don’t believe in leaders I just march to the beat of my own drum. The only person I have to answer to is my mother.” I know it has been over ten years but I am so on Team Kirk.

Also she said she is unable to be fired because she is self-employed. That may be the case but she also may not be hired either. In fact on her official website it indicates her last tour was in 2008 with James Morrison.

There was some interesting dynamics in the boardroom when the women were before Mark Bouris. Even though all but one was over 40, they all had a bit of a pack mentality. Once Lisa Curry said she rated Deni’s leadership performance as Β a five out of ten, the rest gave the same figure.

Deni was not a popular leader, in fact it could have been the editing but none them had a kind word to say about her.

Lisa said she given no direction when asked.Julia Morris said they didn’t get the time to hit the phones and drum up customers.

Pauline Hanson who raised the least money said “I am not from entertainment circles and I am not from Sydney.” She has a point. Also do you want to burn friendships by making them pay big bucks for paintings that were amateur hour?

The other criticism of Pauline was she had not read an email she had been sent. This I thought was interesting. In daily life should you assume someone has read an email you have sent if you don’t get a response? Also was there anything important in it?

The criticism was about the lack of planning at the beginning. Brad bagged them out for not asking good questions of the Nokia guy. Conveniently he had forgotten that Julia’s painting did win the $20,000 prize from Nokia because it highlighted the theme.

Deni brought back Lisa and Pauline or Mama P as she likes to call her, into the board room. Deni was looking quite smug and confident she would not be fired as she had brought in the most out of the girls. However Mark Bouris told her she was fired, and her team mates did not look to upset by that decision.

1 Shelsta78 { 11.01.11 at 10:38 pm }

Couldn’t be happier that she’s gone. Her mum is so lovely, I just don’t understand her behaviour. She’s not really a well loved ‘pop princess’ I think she was a good character for the mix but I’m glad she’s gone.

Julia to Win

2 PollyB { 11.01.11 at 10:42 pm }

I actually cheered out loud!

3 sue { 11.01.11 at 11:12 pm }

doing the happy chicken dance in this household!!! :)

4 Jay Bee { 11.01.11 at 11:32 pm }

I was happy she was fired, she had it coming.

I hope she has recorded the show so she can look back on it & see why she was disliked, especially by the public. Too cocky for my liking .

5 Smee { 11.01.11 at 11:40 pm }

I haven’t seen the episode yet, but I turned to Channel 9 to see Deni driving off and I was thrilled to bits.
She was arrogant and rude, especially in the KFC challenge. It was good enough for pauline to was a car in undies which was way out of her comfort zone, but ‘Princess’ wouldn’t help out with a jingle or sing a song at KFC.
Good riddance to her. Not looking forward to any of the other girls going though or the guys except for Max Markson. He makes me cringe.

6 Smee { 11.01.11 at 11:42 pm }

She was arrogant and rude, especially in the KFC challenge. It was good enough for pauline to wash a car in undies which was way out of her comfort zone, but ‘Princess’ wouldn’t help out with a jingle or sing a song at KFC.

7 Jaz { 11.02.11 at 12:39 am }

I thought Deni should have been sacked instead of Polly and the way she treats people is undermining. I also though she was too hard on Lisa and Pauline and she failed to give them any good direction about the art project.
I am glad she is gone as she needed to be taken down a peg or too.If my child behaved as rudely and as disrespectfully as Deni did, they would cop a lecture on bad manners .
I love all the others except for Max and hope he goes soon.
Julia is a cracker and Pauline showed great courage in the car wash by waring the underwear to raise the money for her team to win.

8 Jaz { 11.02.11 at 12:44 am }

I am glad she is gone as she needed to be taken down a peg or too.If my child behaved as rudely and as disrespectfully as Demi did, they would cop a lecture on bad manners .
I love all the others except for Max and hope he goes soon.

9 Loz { 11.02.11 at 1:07 am }

….y’all crazy for wanting Deni and Max to be gone so soon!

The best thing about these shows is watching the villains! I’m sure Max will be booted soon enough and Celebrity Apprentice will be without a villain on either team…. boring!

Although I must say I got extreme pleasure watching Deni get fired tonight as she totally wasn’t expecting it AT ALL… ha!

Watching her face turn from smug to shock was very satisfying… and her abrupt exit and ridiculous comments the icing on the cake.

She is truly a deluded and narcissistic character who seemingly never seems to develop any personal insight from her poor interactions with others. She has a loooong history of being rude and difficult but I don’t think this experience will make her any wiser – narcissists NEVER learn nor grow as people.

10 Georgie { 11.02.11 at 6:54 am }

Deni’s parting line to Lisa and Pauline was, “you’re on your own now”.
So WTF does that mean?
‘I AM the big I AM, and without me you are nothing’.

I suspect there will be a bit more of a ‘sense of team’ now she’s gone.

11 Calliegirl { 11.02.11 at 8:10 am }

Ding Dong the witch is gone!!

12 smauge { 11.02.11 at 8:36 am }

I heard that too Georgie. She didn’t realise it at the time, but she’ll soon find out. She has destroyed her credibility and, with it, her career.

13 Wendy Mansfield { 11.02.11 at 8:39 am }

I was very happy to see Diva Hines sacked from the show last night. I couldn’t believe the arrogance and rudeness of that person…Who on earth told her that she was the greatest thing in the universe? she is a nasty, spolit little girl..who one day will be knocked off her pedestal so hard that she will end up in the following week!!

14 Dazza { 11.02.11 at 8:39 am }

Had a gut feeling that Pauline was going last night. She is the weakest link in their team. No contacts, just a hard worker

15 brandy { 11.02.11 at 8:56 am }

Mr Bouris hasn’t studied the Donald hard enough. Those board rooms are D.U.L.L. Plenty of opportunities to get a bit of a barney going, but no. and he should know not to get rid of the whackjobs and the stirrers early on. Warrick Capper going first was a terrible choice. getting rid of the two warring entitlement queens so soon was a huge error.

16 smauge { 11.02.11 at 9:02 am }

I agree that Warwick going in the first dismissal was a bad decision. He is a professional at being a nutjob and was funny to watch. But Deni is nasty, and if these comments here are anything to go by, no one wants to watch nasty.
It will be interesting to see which category Max will fall in. He’s not in the Nasty category for me yet. I find him entertaining to watch.

17 brandy { 11.02.11 at 9:32 am }

What I find truly “nasty” are the savage comments about Deni.

18 smauge { 11.02.11 at 9:37 am }

What you give is what you get.

19 Wurstsemmel { 11.02.11 at 10:57 am }

Brandy.

Have you even beeen watching this series and seen how nastily Deni treats others? How self-obsessed she is? She put herself out there, warts and all. How can you expect people not to comment on her behaviour?

20 littlepetal { 11.02.11 at 11:53 am }

Deni is just full of herself. Even as a Project Manager, she is only thinking of ‘Me, me, me’. She did bring in the most money (through her own contacts) but she didn’t help to get more money for the others. She is very selfish. She thought that if she bring in the most money she wouldn’t be fired. But she is the leader and a good leader helps the other team members and it should be about the team not about the leader.

No wonder she is not getting a lot of gigs as she won’t work with people and just do things her own way. Pity her husband if she has one.

21 Smee { 11.02.11 at 12:13 pm }

As someone who has seen her perform I wasn’t overly impressed and I was pleased that it was a free event. On the other hand, she has been mentioning her mother a lot during the show and in years gone past I have also seen her mother perform. I paid for thsoe tickets and came away happy.
She needs to come out from behind her mother and be a true person to herself. If this is what she is putting forward then heaven help anyone who gets in her way. She is not a nice person at all. That bit came through loud and clear.

22 HelΓ©na { 11.02.11 at 12:29 pm }

as much as I can’t stand Deni – I actually thought Pauline should have gone, Deni did not deserve to be penalised given the amount she raised – both teams did really well – surely they will run out of contacts/friends willing to spend $$$ soon

23 brandy { 11.02.11 at 12:45 pm }

Wurstsemmel.

We don’t watch from the same pair of eyes.

I agreed with Loz upthread. It’s crazy to vote the crazies out early.

Don’t know why you and Smauge feel the need to argue with me and put me in my place. Why don’t you just celebrate your victory?

24 Kaz { 11.02.11 at 1:00 pm }

Happy Deni is gone, she was too nasty! A bit of craziness and bitchiness sure – but she went to far.

Very frustrating too when Julia told Mr B, that Deni told the group don’t worry about ringing to get more money in from your contacts – I am doing that and its under control. Then he goes he comments and ask them why did they no contacts there!!

25 brain dead dave { 11.02.11 at 1:21 pm }

Yo..Deni got herself a cap in her lame mofo ass! .You da shizzle Mr B!

I’m trippin’ that one mofo fat ass bitch is out of the hood, y’all.

26 Astrid { 11.02.11 at 1:58 pm }

So pleased Deni has been fired, but has she learnt anything, she really has very low self esteem and needs to belittle others to make herself feel more important, cant believe she is like that, Marsha always says be true to yourself but Deni doesnt even have any scruples, she was quite happy to keep Wendels painting, that was just dishonest not fair play. Barry Manilow sang a jingle on the Graham Norton show last week and HE is a celebrity and world known and world class! I am not a fan of the the Deni Hines brand what ever that is!

27 Roo { 11.02.11 at 2:02 pm }

I really wish bland Lisa had gone. She wasn’t nice but watching Deni was car crash TV at its best. If Max goes next betcha life we will all be complaining how dull Celeb Apprentice is.

28 smauge { 11.02.11 at 5:23 pm }

One sentence in reply to your comment does not an argument make brandy! Now I just think you’re flaming so that’s all you’ll be getting out of me.

29 Block Fan { 11.02.11 at 7:21 pm }

I suspect now that Demi has gone (yay) the girls will get much more focused and we will see some better results from them as they start to get more competitive. I think all of them will speak up more which will be interesting. Good on Pauline (although I hate her politics) for putting herself out there with wearing the undies, but she really is a very unoriginal thinker who only likes rules and can’t see big picture stuff – if she can’t be more flexible in her attitude and thinking she will surely be the next one to go.

30 brandy { 11.02.11 at 9:56 pm }

It was two comments, Smug. It’s good to know you get what you give, as you can expect a whole load of platitudes in your future, and to be unjustly accused of being a troll. That’ll be fun!!

31 sue { 11.02.11 at 10:52 pm }

brandy= ????? I simply do not understand you….

32 Buzz { 11.02.11 at 11:15 pm }

It’s not over, until it’s over …
*with heavy vibrato*
And it’s over :)

33 ange { 11.02.11 at 11:19 pm }

So glad that horrible, spoilt, Deni is gone. I hope she is able to look back and reflect on her behaviour towards others.

34 Georgie { 11.03.11 at 12:19 pm }