Beauty And The Geek – Bendeguz Never Lived Up To The Hype

What type of guy does Jordan normally go out with they must be pretty bad as she was stoked by the dinner date Lachlan had arranged.

“No one has ever gone to that amount of effort” exclaimed Jordan to Lachlan as they sat down to a meal of cheeseburger and fries, with cola in a champagne glass. I think he might have thrown in a caramel sundae as well. Obviously product placement since it looked stone cold and there was no shots of them actually eating it.

It does appear the Jordan and Lachlan romance is well and truly on, and that the Gilbert and Dolly one is dead in the water. Maddy in an interview with TV Week said Dolly was faking it with Gilbert to try and extend her life on the show. (See blog post here)

The first challenge for the night was the girls having to spell difficult words. When they got it wrong the boys would be electrically shocked. To be honest I thought this challenge was a bit stupid, and the electrical voltage was described as unpleasant but not painful, so what was the point. For the record I didn’t want to see them tasered either.

All the girls got the words wrong except for Mackenzie and Sarah in the first round, and Mackenzie won when she spelt gigabyte right.

The next challenge was for the girls to build bicycle with a side car. Depending on what order they finished it decided how heavy the biker in the side car would be.

Bendeguz was going well and then his bike collapsed, but there was no way anyone was going to beat the muscled up Gilbert. Though Lachlan did come a close second.

However there was one more  curveball to be thrown at the teams. You could save yourself from immunity if the geek got his beauty’s name tattooed him. Lachlan after querying where it had to go stepped forward to have it done. He got Lachlan & Sarah tattooed on his butt. Sarah was overcome with emotion when she saw it and Jimmy said ” Does this mean your kids need to be called Sarah and Lachlan?”

Jimmy is actually does stand up comedy as a hobby so that explains why his so funny.

Anyway Jordan was devastated that he got another girls name tattooed him, and told him he was worse then all the other guys that had treated her like shit. The ones that only bought her pies at the footy – sorry I made the pie bit up.

She said “I didn’t expect it from him”. What she was actually saying was “this guy is a fucking geek, you would have thought he would be treating me like a Goddess,”. The scene looked a bit made up as Lachlan did not look upset at all about being kicked to the kerb by Jordan.

Julian and Jordan, and Bendeguz and Dolly were up for elimination. Bendeguz and Dolly got the hard questions like what is a palendrome, and what is the letter J worth in scrabble, so they must have been the pair the producers wanted to go.

I have not been a fan of Bendeguz’s as he is so over the top, maybe if you are not authentic on reality shows, viewers just know it. For all his promise of being great reality tv viewing he never lived up to the hype.

1 Kirsty { 11.03.11 at 11:57 pm }

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the producers wanted to see Bendeguz gone. I was wondering tonight if they had to reshoot some scenarios because his accent kept mysteriously changing…

2 Eliza { 11.04.11 at 12:07 am }

I swear Bendeguz spoke ‘normally’ when introduced to the biker…

3 Kirsty { 11.04.11 at 12:47 am }

I thought the same thing Eliza! I was figuring that the bikers had him so far out of his comfort zone that he totally forgot to do the accent… 😉

4 Culinary Boner { 11.04.11 at 9:19 am }

That Maccas haute cuisine spread was missing one thing – The special sauce…….
….Lachlan’s

Also I can now safely punt on who Lockies’ political hero is.
Come on down, Richo!
Lockie is clearly of the ‘whatever it takes’ school of political thought and game show tactics.

Wonder how many packets of Sudafed were negotiated to get the bikies on the show?

Oh. And I missed Bendi talking to the bikies. Did he squeak?

5 AJ { 11.04.11 at 9:19 am }

I’m glad to see Bendy gone.

And it was pretty clear that Dolly was faking her “romance” with Gilly, even though he’s hotter than the male “beauty” they had on the show, so who knows why she would need to “fake” it.

The Lachlan and Jordan drama was all highly amusing. And I still missed the part where the rules for the tattoo changed from “having the name of your beauty” to “having your name AND the name of your beauty”. How many people have their own name as a tattoo?

I’m looking forward to seeing the eliminated geeks return next week, although I wish it was the beauties who were giving them make-overs instead of the (former) geeks.

6 Georgie { 11.04.11 at 10:23 am }

If the ‘bikies’ were the real deal, being a sidecar passenger on a pushbike will take a long time to live down. I think they’d want more than uppers – so maybe having their mug on TV is worth more. They are a big pack of hams after all.

7 Fi { 11.04.11 at 11:41 am }

I’m a bit sick of the eliminations. Every week it is obvious who the producers want to get rid of. They are going to have exactly who they want in the final.

8 Culinary Boner { 11.04.11 at 12:31 pm }

Maybe he needs to hook up with Sarah Palin?

Or adopt a variant of the Gwendolen policy – The Importance of Being Sarah.

“Sarah” was a top ten name in 1970 (#7) so if Lockie likes cougars in their sexual prime he’s on a winner. Hope he’s okay with hanging out with her kids though.

9 Nytrydr { 11.04.11 at 12:42 pm }

Can’t say I won’t be glad to see the back of bendy. even allowing for his obvious faux-ness, he’s just nowhere near as likeable or personable as the other geeks (yes I know they can edit and show whatever they like). Huge fan of the show but last night’s ep left me a bit cold. I too wondered about the tatoo. I’d happily have gotten (well, ok reluctantly if I’m honest) said beauty’s name on my person but my name and her name….. nup. deal breaker. Anyone else think Lachlan just didn’t think thru that his safety automatically fed gilrie girl to the wolves? If he did… props for growing a pair Lachy!

10 Culinary Boner { 11.04.11 at 2:02 pm }

“,,,and told him he was worse then all the other guys that had treated her like shit. The ones that only bought her pies at the footy …”

lol Raver…
surely they gave her a steaming, foot-long hotdog instead of a cold, flaccid pie…surely

Blokes these days just don’t understand chivalry they way my generation did.

11 Georgie { 11.04.11 at 2:34 pm }

Bendeguz can take his cred and get back to being real now.

12 Culinary Boner { 11.04.11 at 4:01 pm }

Broadcast to Jordan…

If you’re after a date at Ikea – the new Tempe store – then I’m ya man babe.

A $4.25 plate of Swedish meatballs with (real) mashed potato is just the start. Hell, I’ll even break the bank and buy a quality chick like you the $3.25 Princess Cake. And afterwards? We can snog in the carpark and watch the A330s land at Mascot. Or, if you’re feeling a bit naughty, we can walk across to The Salvos and stand in line with the Housos waiting to pay for the sexy used lingerie I’ll buy for you (not too soiled I hope).

13 Culinary Boner { 11.04.11 at 4:47 pm }

Oh, Jords, cancel the plane watching babe…
the latest Qantas rust-bucket incident has got me looking for safer ground.
Perhaps we can check out Asteroid 2005 YU55 instead?

14 jord { 11.04.11 at 8:01 pm }

I can’t believe that Lachlan hurt her more than anyone else ever has, man she has had an easy time of it. If thats the worst thing that a guy ever does to her then she should count herself lucky. Harden up princess!!

15 Anonymice { 11.04.11 at 10:04 pm }

Bendeguz was a bit too freaky for my liking

16 Ian { 11.04.11 at 10:21 pm }

It was quite clear from the elimination round questions that Bendeguz and Dolly had no chance. I just wish the show would do away with the pretense of having numbered questions when it clearly does not matter.

Also, for what it’s worth, Mackenzie should have been eliminated for spelling technology t-e-c-HAITCH-n-o-l-o-g-y. Ugh.

17 Paul Amores { 11.04.11 at 11:40 pm }

*Palindrome*

18 Ashley { 03.21.12 at 11:40 pm }

Hi there everyone. Dolly here from b&g. I found this link a second ago and felt the need to clear a few things up. I was never “faking” my feelings for Gilly. We had a very strong friendship from the beginning and we wanted to keep that private…being on a reality show that’s not possible which is why our scenes together looked forced…because they were! Gilly and I remain good friends but I don’t fall in love with people iv only known for 6 weeks. And bendy is as real as you and me. Just add him on Facebook! His starters are the same as he speaks in real life. Bendy is currently still battling with people bullying him an this kind of discussion saying “he is not real” is bullying. Thanks for reading this and I hope you have a better understanding of a few things xx