Beauty And The Geek – Why Maddy Quit

Last week, Maddy who was partner to Gilbert, left the show. TV WEEK got the story on why she did.

The article states:

After weeks of filming in freezing conditions and working exhausting hours on Beauty and The Geek, feisty contestant Maddy became so ill she decided there was no other option but to dramatically pull out of the competition.

Audiences saw the shock exit on Thursday and now the straight-shooting beauty tells TV WEEK she had to choose wellbeing over winning as her health deteriorated to an all-time low.

“I had glandular fever, ” the 20-year-old confides. “I was in hospital [after the show] because I was so sick, I was put on a drip [after being] so rundown.”

Before entering the competition, the NSW cheerleader was fighting off a common cold, but once she started the gruelling filming schedule, her body didn’t have a chance to heal at all.

It explains why Maddy wasn’t forthcoming when it came to discussing certain things in the house with her partner, Gilbert, or the others. In fact, she often came across as rude.

“We were filming in the middle of winter and we had to make out like it was summer, so being outside at 3 am in tiny little dresses didn’t really help the situation at all,” she admits.

Being aware that people were taking the competition seriously, she knew she had to say goodbye to her partner, Gilbert, if he was going to have a real chance of taking top prize.

“I thought if someone else can do a better job, then they deserve to be here and Jacelle was the perfect candidtate [to replace me].”

After a few weeks of rest she is now back on her feet and glued to the show to see how things panned out since her departure – but not before letting us know that not everyone is showing their true colours in the house!

She also talks about who is playing the game

“Julian played the game from the start – he was always just under the radar. He is such a smart guy.”

…..secret romances

Jimmy and Helen slept in the same bed a couple of times. We tried to talk to Jimmy about it, but he would just say. ‘Helen is a really lovely girl.’ There was definitely something there [and] we didn’t know until the end that Helen had a boyfriend.”

……..and fake ones

“Mackenzie and I tried to talk some sense into Gilbert about his relationship with Dolly. He didn’t believe that [she] was conniving girl, but we could see straight through her. I told him she was only doing it to stay on the show.”

1 some random { 11.03.11 at 8:57 pm }

Ha! I knew Dolly and Gilly’s relationship was fake, but no-one believed me!

2 some random { 11.03.11 at 8:58 pm }

R u doing a recap on the show tonight?

3 Reality Raver { 11.03.11 at 10:22 pm }

Some Random – Yes I am writing it now.

4 R.S. { 11.04.11 at 12:57 am }

Helen’s a good friend of mine and she told people she had a boyfriend as soon as the topic came up. She would never cheat on her boyfriend – that would be entirely against her morals. You only have to look at her refusal to strip on television (despite the difficult situation she was in over letting Troy down) to see how strongly she believes in morals.

5 Culinary Boner { 11.04.11 at 9:26 am }

Kissing disease?
How apt.

6 Culinary Boner { 11.04.11 at 9:28 am }

FFS, R.S.
Get a grip…this isn’t exactly Temptation Island

7 Izobel2 { 11.04.11 at 9:41 am }

Or Paradise Hotel Boner, if u ever caught that show?!

8 Culinary Boner { 11.04.11 at 10:51 am }

Missed that one Izobel2 – it’s title seems reminiscent of Guest House Paradiso, though

I have to say that Beauty & the Geek is one of my favourites as I always get chuckles and sniggers from the OTT production, the lame set-ups as well as the uber-dim “beauties” and the Benny Hill-esque costumes they make them wear.

And on the fashion front, didn’t Bern-aaard look absolutely fetching last night in his 3 sizes to small cashmere sweater. It’s a wonder the “beauties” could keep their eyes of them bulging pec-toral mussels I saw straining out of the sweater. (Bern-aaard’s fashion sense – straight out of a copy of Burda circa 1979 – leaves me expecting to see Basil Brush pop up on set with a quick one-liner*)

PS. I’m thinking of slipping into some cashmere meself tonight to see if I can whip Mrs Boner into a ‘take-me-now-big-boy’ frenzy. Though I expect only the cat will notice and I’ll be subjected to an evening of paw-padding excruciation.

* Basil: I won a competition once – a years supply of calendars.
Stephen: How many did you get?
Basil Oh, just the one.