Celebrity Apprentice – The Photo Challenge

Sorry about belated recap however here are some quick thoughts on the episode where the challenge was about raising money from getting photos taken.

Some quick thoughts:

• Julia Morris, project manager, of Team Ignite is showing how to reignite  her career. She is gaining a lot of fans and respect. Best line of the episode “Where’s Polly? I wish I had not knifed her?” Also she will be hosting the Kerri-Anne Kennerley show tomorrow;
  • Conversely Wendell Sailor was a shocking project manager, basically he was manager in name only;
  • Max Markson who is celebrity to the stars (here is a list of his clients) really is not showcasing himself in a good light. He is lucky he was on the winning team as his stealing the cheque would have had to get him eliminated from the show just so Mark Bouris could show there are some ethics in business;
  • And props to Lucy Chesterton of Woman’s Day for sticking it up Max. She turned up at the challenge and decided to award the $5000 to the team that deserved it the most, when Max had thought he had made the deal himself. They ended up  giving it to Team Unity.
  • In the end it did not matter as Team Ignite still won, probably on the strength of Max’s contacts.
  • It will be interesting to see if Shane Crawford makes it back for the elimination scene. If not it is a good way of avoiding not being fired.
  • My prediction is Wendell Sailor will bring in Jason Coleman and Pauline Hanson into the boardroom with him.

1 Georgie { 11.03.11 at 5:14 pm }

I missed the show last night. Did the teams change the mix?

2 Peter A { 11.03.11 at 5:15 pm }

Wendell will be gone.
Hopeless Project Manager. Brought nothing to the table in the past challenges. Nice guy , thats all.

3 Peter A { 11.03.11 at 5:16 pm }

Georgie, Mark Bouris changed the teams around at the start.

4 Kaz { 11.03.11 at 6:05 pm }

I actually felt sorry for Max, although he did behave like a child when he stole the cheque, he was the one who rang Womans Day and made the deal with them, the other team should know by now its about getting those corporate dollars in – yeah have some fun with the public but also talk to your contacts.

I don’t think the money should have gone with any team (not that it matter in the end) but straight to the charity.

5 Georgie { 11.03.11 at 6:05 pm }

Thanks Peter A – it makes a bit more sense now.

6 Izobel2 { 11.03.11 at 6:07 pm }

I thought Jason Coleman was great, in fact I like him and Julia the best by a mile. All of Jason’s comments make sense and he’s the most professional. I’m really enjoying this show, the only thing I don’t like is how they always have to ‘phone a friend’ to get them to donate loads of cash… Some of them don’t really have anyone to call. And how many times can you call the same friend/contact? Agree with your comments Peter A. Wendell is lovely but didn’t do anything, Jason did it all. And the whole Max Markson stealing the cheque fiasco was a shocker. Poor form. The replay is on Go now, and during the first ad break they show the ad for the boardroom tonight, and it clearly shows what team lost. Good one Go/Nine! Lucky I’ve already watched the ep.

7 PollyB { 11.03.11 at 6:10 pm }

I was hoping Julia’s team lost only to get rid of that tool Markson. I’ve never followed thugby and therefore think all the players are gorilla’s, however ‘Dell’ seems like a good guy. I think he should go, had no idea, poor love.
I’m gonna tape Kak’s show just to see Julia. Someone needs to give Julia a night talk/comedy show, I think she’d be great.

8 smauge { 11.03.11 at 8:40 pm }

I’ve always found Julia Morris’ stand up act to be completely grating, but I’m one of the won-over fans that RR speaks of. She’s been hilarious and I sincerely hope she goes the distance. She seems like she’s got the nous.
Having seen the preview at the end of tonight’s episode, boy we got the better looking boss didn’t we? The Donald would be doing himself a favour by not being seen in the same room as Silver Fox Bouris from now on.
and on a final note…..Capper’s BAAACK!!!

9 Georgie { 11.03.11 at 9:03 pm }

Oh dear – Wendell has gone. I have to say though, he is the most gracious loser so far. He was also very fair in his comments and put himself right in there with his team. I guess sports people just understand team dynamics – they’ve had it drummed into them. That’s one concept Deni couldn’t grasp.

smauge, what’s this about Capper?

10 Block Fan { 11.03.11 at 9:34 pm }

Just saw the ad for Friday night & Caper is BACK!!! Not sure in what role bit it looked really funny as he was driving the others crazy – true to form. Should be a good laugh.

11 smauge { 11.03.11 at 9:37 pm }

Georgie – like Block Fan said, it hasn’t been made clear. Just a silly ad saying he’s coming back, but tells you nothing about how or why. I hope it’s not just for one week. It was a loss to the show having him be the first to go. Should be fun!

12 Reality Raver { 11.03.11 at 10:37 pm }

Block fan, Georgie and Smauge- I think Capper is back as a model for a fashion parade.

Izobel2 – Hilarious that GO put their own spoiler up.

Kaz – I get your point, however his deal with them “fell through” that is business I suppose. He should just flog his stories off to New Idea now.

13 Kaz { 11.04.11 at 7:42 am }

RR – I heard that he was on KK the next morning with the rep from womans day, so there probably “all kiss and made up”, although I wouldn’t be surprise if he did go to New Idea as well!

14 smauge { 11.04.11 at 7:47 am }

He’ll go to whoever hands him the biggest cheque!

15 Wurstsemmel { 11.04.11 at 9:34 am }

Silver Fox Bouris ????

What about the nasty dye job?

16 smauge { 11.06.11 at 10:58 am }

I see a nasty dye job on Trump. Bouris looks fine to me!