The Kardashians Ditches Australia

I have been trying to keep the blog a bit of a Kardashian free zone this week, because everywhere you go in cyber space on media and celebrity sites they are there.

However because of the pap and media frenzy they have decided to ditch Australia and head home.

News.com.au is saying Kim and her sister Khloe will be flying out of Sydney on Friday. This will mean Kim will not be attending the races in Melbourne. She was allegedly getting paid $150,000 for one hours work.

If I was Swisse I would not be too concerned, they will get to keep their money, but will have reaped all of the publicity of Kim hightailing it back to LA.

It will be interesting to see if this makes the front page of the Daily Telegraph as her arrival did.

1 Anonymous { 11.04.11 at 12:40 am }

For someone who seems to want to be in the spotlight, why is she running scared of all the cameras now? Why won’t she actually say what the reason for the divorce is?
They said they came to Australia to fulfil commitments, wasn’t the races a commitment too?
I think she is just too stuck up for her own good. And that maybe it all was a scam in the first place. Glad I didn’t waste my time watching her wedding.
And at least your blog post isn’t idolosing her like every other tv show. :) loving your posts by the way.

2 Anonymice { 11.04.11 at 1:22 am }

Lets not forget that she turned down $150,000 for an hour by Swisse. Makes me think just how much did she make to stay IN bed, when clearly she doesn’t get out of bed for less than $150,000 per hour…Whoops! Almost forgot… her claim to fame is because of her “IN bed”” antics (the sex tape). Maybe the divorce has suddenly put that all into perspective now, especiaally as she has now been quoted as saying that “She got swept up” into the whole marriage thing courtesy of the camera’s and the reality show – maybe shé’s decided to go back to grass roots.

3 Wurstsemmel { 11.04.11 at 9:17 am }

maybe shé’s decided to go back to grass roots….

She’s decided to go, that’s the main thing. I’m fed up of hearing about the woman who really has no talent other than self-promotion (and I’d include the wedding in that).

4 Chunks { 11.04.11 at 11:37 am }

Maybe she’s worried that with all the backlash, her next wedding won’t make her as much money? It’s not as if she has any talent to fall back on. I must say it bodes ill for the future of western society that morons like the Kardashians and Paris Hilton are seen by so many young girls as role models.

5 brain dead dave { 11.04.11 at 12:35 pm }

Meeting Kochie would be enough to make me want to get on a plane and be a long way away.

6 brain dead dave { 11.04.11 at 1:49 pm }

Then again with that big arse being paraded at Flemington, someone might try to throw a saddle on KK.

7 Georgie { 11.04.11 at 2:22 pm }

Ah BDD, evokes memories of the other KK – Kath and Kim.

8 Block Fan { 11.04.11 at 7:40 pm }

OMG she is such a tosser!

9 Pangus { 11.05.11 at 8:58 am }

Georgie, are you referring to the Kath and Kim at the races episode? I saw that on a flight and almost wet myself from laughing. On of the best comedies I have ever seen.

10 Georgie { 11.05.11 at 10:17 am }

Pangus – the one that conjures up memories of being ‘saddled’ was The Wedding, series 1 – episode 8.
Kim is bridesmaid at Kath and Kel’s nuptials and she loses her ponytail switch. It turns up stuck to her arse and while she’s on all fours looking for it the horse (harnessed to the wedding coach) shies up and charges at it, in the hope of consummating it’s own nuptials.
Absolute crying, gut pain, can’t breathe, laughter.

11 brain dead dave { 11.07.11 at 12:48 pm }

Well Jessica Mauboy turned up at the races and her ar$e is as big as KK’s. I couldn’t get over how big it was on Underbelly last night,too.