New Celebrity Reality TV Show – Excess Baggage

Channel NINE are sticking with the celebrity reality TV genre with a new show called Excess Baggage. The show appears to be a celebrity version of The Biggest Loser. Contestants named so far are Christine Anu, Kate DeAraugo, Gabby “You’re terrible Muriel” Millgate, Robert “Dipper” Di Pierdomenico, Darren Lyon, as well as Kevin Federline, Britany Spears ex- husband.

It is unclear whether the weight loss aspect of the show has commenced, as The Herald Sun reported K-Fed was involved in a drunken romp at the Melbourne Hotel, The Olsen.  Apparently he went poolside and stripped naked (obviously has no issues with who sees his body) after dining at in-house eatery Bluebottle.

Sounds all very messy indeed.

K-Fed has made a career on shows by putting on and losing weight. He starred in Celebrity Fit Club in 2010, so it has not taken him long to pile on the pounds again.

The show is being produced by Fremantle Australia for Channel Nine. No air date has been announced, in fact NINE is yet to officially announce the show, this will probably occur at their 2012 launch next week.

The show is being produced by Fremantle Australia.

I presume there is more in the cast then highlighted in the papers, so I am hoping David Boon makes an appearance or Steve Roach a very obese former rugby league player. Who would you like to see on the show?

1 Wurstsemmel { 11.14.11 at 10:00 am }

What’s going to happen to Darren Lyons fake six pack?
Or is that someone else.

I think this show is a miss for me.

2 Mia { 11.14.11 at 10:23 am }

Sounds like Nine are rehashing Celebrity Overhaul from a few years back.

3 Culinary Boner { 11.14.11 at 10:41 am }

“Celebrity Junk Trunk” would be a better title.

Boony is still persona non grata since defecting to promote that pre-packed Canada Club shite over our great nation’s ‘nectar of the yobs’ – VB. He can stay in the naughty corner for a couple of years more. Tubby Taylor would seem appropriately named and ‘Channel Nine enough’ for this show though.

Blocker would just be be a poor man’s version of the Big Marn, Daryl Brohman.

4 Mrs T { 11.14.11 at 11:08 am }

hhhmmm same old same old, K-Fed doesnt exactly give the show credability either. They are going to have to mix it up to make this show interesting enough for me to watch.

5 Culinary Boner { 11.14.11 at 11:11 am }

Perhaps Jason Coleman – the reality TV find of the year – can be invited on the show to help them “Dance their Arse Off”?

6 Reality Raver { 11.14.11 at 12:10 pm }

Wurstsemmel – I think Darren will use any opportunity to show it on the show.

Mia – There was a celebrity fit thing wasn’t there, Ita Buttrose was on it I think.

Culinary Boner – great suggestions. Also I think I was the only person in Australia who loved “Dance Your Arse Off”. Super trashy but fun.

Mrs T – Channel Nine appear to getting their reality TV mojo together, so it might be worth giving it a crack. Celebrity Apprentice has been great, and the same production house is doing that.

7 Dazza { 11.14.11 at 12:35 pm }

How many times will they mention “Tuckshop arms” for Kate Derouge

Other celebs – Kyle Sandilands, Ajay Rochester

8 Georgie { 11.14.11 at 1:20 pm }

Don’t forget Matt Preston and Julie Godwin.

Also, if the opportunity to participate spreads (like their well fed bellies) to the political arena, then how about Joe Hockey, Barry O’Farrell and Graham Richardson.

It would be interesting to see Bob Brown lose some weight too – just to determine if he could possibly look any more sickly and anaemic than he does at present. His pallor is starting to take on the tinge of his party name.

9 Trent { 11.14.11 at 2:12 pm }

Casey Donovan

10 Culinary Boner { 11.14.11 at 2:19 pm }

Please not Richo…please … no… the pale wobbly flesh, the stumpy veined calves in… #argh# … bike shorts… #gasping for breath# …please, for the love of humanity…no…
in fact no pollies should be allowed on our screens in anything other than their suits (yeah, and that includes you Mr Abbott)

11 Culinary Boner { 11.14.11 at 2:20 pm }

K-fed? Just goes to show, you fuck Britney, you lose all sense of pride and modesty.

12 Chunks { 11.14.11 at 2:46 pm }

Gabby Millgate will drive the rest of them around the bend in five minutes. Can’t believe K-Fed hasn’t used up his fifteen minutes long ago.

13 Culinary Boner { 11.14.11 at 2:58 pm }

Dazza, your mention of Kyle and Ajay in the one breath got me thinking.

As did Kyle’s confession today that he’s considering moving on from BILFs to MILFs because the post-coital conversation is limited by the fact that the chick he’s just squashed can’t name a favourite Hogans Hero episode or give an opinion on who would be the better root between the Movie Star or Mary Anne from Gilligans Island. (I’m feeling heartbroken for ya Kyle).

I give you a reality show concept with substance and industrial strength bed springs – “Whole Lotta Love”.

14 Georgie { 11.14.11 at 3:03 pm }

Sorry CB – I really wasn’t thinking clearly and I take your point. If any of them had one shred of credibility left that would finish them off for sure. Obvisously Abbott has already taken that step.

15 Culinary Boner { 11.14.11 at 4:57 pm }

I lost a par before pressing ‘submit’ for that last post – the one that explained the show’s concept. So here goes…(Raver, you need a better comments editor for your loyal posters to this site)…this idea is about celebrity hookups between plumpster B to D listers, and all for a good cause. No. Not to resurrect flagging careers via profiling of said hookups in the womens’ mags. And no. Not so some celebs can just get their rocks off – and no, I’m not looking at you Ajay, but rather at you Kyle as you seem to need some intimacy-friendship-understanding to round out the mindless shagging you currently partake of – well not primarily anyway though all the show’s celebs would be free to enjoy themselves, provided they could drag their eyes off the mirror.

I’m thinking Michelle Bridges and Tiffiny Hall here. And no. Not as participants, perish the thought this would be tantamount to murder for the male participants, but as champions of the cardiovascular and weight loss benefits of 30mins a day squeaky mattress action. Bettina Arndt and us under-utilised blokes throughout this great nation will salute this this show’s call-to-action. The gym industry will declare it unAustralian. It’ll be John and Yoko all over, but this time with fake tans and much less body hair….

…(yep, think I got it right this time) I give you a reality show concept with substance, a health message and industrial strength bed springs – I give you “A Whole Lotta Love”.

16 SED { 11.14.11 at 5:52 pm }

I am a reality television junkie BUT im really skeptical about this one… even the name of hte show sounds lame.

AT LEAST Darryn Lyons will be on it – he was an absolute HOOT on Celebrity BB this year.

@RR – I was partial to a bit of Dance yo’ Ass Off as well, though I could never tell anyone because it was the epitome of trashiness lol.

17 Anonymous { 11.15.11 at 11:26 am }

this show will have a mixture of celebs and every day aussies….there will also be travel invloved….hence “Excess Baggage”

18 ScottyD7421 { 01.19.12 at 6:36 pm }

Kevin Federline??? The guy is famous for bonking, and marrying Britney Spears. Why the hell would Australians be interested in Kevin Federline?
I’m totally confused.

19 Natalie { 03.01.12 at 9:05 pm }

I have watched excess baggage from the beginning and love it, I look forward to watching it every night…