Celebrity Apprentice – Just Call Jason Coleman Mr Teflon

“I am worried about my brand, I was invited here I did not ask to come on the show,” said Jason Coleman. He tried to make it sound like he was doing them a favour. He forgot to add that a cheque would have been dangled in front of his face.

It was an entertaining episode with Jason and Pauline Hanson in the boardroom. Jason was trying trying to say his team had been handicapped by his teammates, but Mark Bouris was not going to cop that and said out of those 50,000 shows you have put on some have been pantomimes and the others have no experience in this area. OK maybe I am paraphrasing.

Props to Jesinta Campbell who has been really impressive this series when she observed  “If someone has to tell you constantly how brilliant they are, it gets wearing,”. And she continued, “as he would say this is ‘my truth'”.

She also said ” don’t take all the responsibility for all the glory and of you are not going to take responsibility for the mistakes”.

Anyway back to the boardroom and there was no throwing each other under bus but there were some back handed compliments.

“My gay friends and my non-Australian born friends will be very shocked when they see I am sitting here hand in hand with Pauline Hanson or what I thought she was like before I entered the competition,” said Jason

He added “We are more alike then we are different.” Has Jason now wrecked Pauline’s brand? Is Pauline a self-centred control freak?

But when Pauline was given a chance to respond to his comment, she did not deny she was homophobic or xenophobic. However maybe she didn’t want to turn off her voting base.

What is interesting is Jason view of himself is very different from what others have of him. Bouris said that others said that if it is either “my way or the highway”, whereas Jason said they called him the “zen master”.

Although Pauline has self awareness issues as well. She likes to think of herself as a “real person”. She was saying “I have always been in the real world”. Well if the if the real world includes the inside of a prison cell, then most people would not have been in the real world.

With Pauline you know she is not real bright, but she is canny. It was now up to Mark Bouris and his sidekicks to decide. Also does anyone else think Deborah Thomas doesn’t like Jason Coleman she always looks at him distastefully.

Mark Bouris talked about the last challenge and said it was about contributing, strategising and delivering and that Jason had a far higher skill set and he pointed at Pauline to say “You’re fired”.

Seriously how did he dodge that bullet.

1 Georgie { 11.15.11 at 11:38 pm }

Dodge ducks another dart and the dumb-belle gets dumped.

2 Reality Raver { 11.15.11 at 11:39 pm }

Considering Jason has been responsible for at least three losses it was amazing he was safe.

3 Georgie { 11.15.11 at 11:48 pm }

I call for a vote of no confidence in Mr Bouris from the board of Yellow Brick Road – their brand is being damaged.

4 Reality Raver { 11.16.11 at 12:10 am }

I can’t work out what Yellow Brick Road does. It must be mortgages.

5 Loz { 11.16.11 at 12:21 am }

I can’t help but laugh at Jason… any Summer Heights High fans here?

Jason Coleman is such a “Mr. G”! ….it’s hilarious. I hope Chris Lilley is watching Celebrity Apprentice – he’d love Jason’s antics, narcissism and desperation.

Mr. G.

Mr. G’s “Special Dance”…

6 Loz { 11.16.11 at 12:29 am }

Mr. G “Grandma’s Been Raped!”…

7 suziwong66 { 11.16.11 at 12:47 am }

Jason didn’t need to sell Pauline down the river at tonight’s boardroom meeting simply because she was happy to praise his virtues; why on earth would you diss the fool who is telling the boss how darn good you are.

Jason had help kissing his own arse tonight; Pauline was right along side him kissing his cheeks….

8 Georgie { 11.16.11 at 7:05 am }

RR – according to the promos, Yellow Brick Road do wealth management and if I had any that needed managing I wouldn’t go near them with it now.

Loz – you’re spot on about Dodge and Mr G, Chris Lilley would love him.

9 smauge { 11.16.11 at 7:37 am }

oh god Loz, that is spot on! How did I not see this??
As for why Pauline was fired, I got four words for you – Lesser. Of. Two. Evils.

10 Calliegirl { 11.16.11 at 8:05 am }

Jason is ‘on stage’ acting ALL the time. I wonder what the ‘real’ Jason is like. Everything he says and does is a ‘studied performance’. Sickening! I think Jesinta has a good chance of winning. She is very perceptive with some of her comments.

11 Grammar Freak { 11.16.11 at 8:28 am }

You’re* fired.

“Seriously how did he dodge that bullet.” – questions should have question marks.

12 seepi { 11.16.11 at 8:39 am }

I think it was the right decision. Does anyone really think the play would have been better if Pauline had written and performed it?

13 Reality Raver { 11.16.11 at 8:42 am }

Grammar Nazi – Thanks for that.

LOZ – hilarious

Suzie wong – good point re: he didn’t need to throw her under a bus. I think they had decided to keep him anyway.

Seepi – absolutely not – but Jason was allegedly within his skill set as were the previous ones and he has been comprehensively beaten in all of them.

14 Picnic { 11.16.11 at 8:50 am }

Loz – so spot on

Dodge – the show isnt damaging your brand, you are! Its your personality we are seeing, your true colours that are damaging your brand
The only reason Dodge survived was so that it would be 2 boys and 2 girls in the final
I also feel like Brand likes Dodge and Deborah doesnt

I am really enjoying this show, Channel 9 have not overdone the repeating and the inane remarks to the camera about what has just happened.

Go Julia! Apparently she is now going to base herself in Australia (leaving the US) – I wonder if this means she won and has lots of offers of work now? I would love to see her host big brother for Channel 9

15 Wurstsemmel { 11.16.11 at 9:25 am }

Last night was one big yawn. There should been fireworks but there were none.

There’s only one person of interest left for me. Julia. She’s got to win.
The only person that adds any value.

Looking forward to the cat fight between Deni and Jessinta.

16 smauge { 11.16.11 at 9:45 am }

I don’t think Julia has to win to have ramped up her schedule. Just based on the show so far, she should be in demand, win or not.
Grammer Freak – It was a rhetorical question, not sure they require a question mark. An exclamation mark maybe, but not a question mark.

17 Culinary Boner { 11.16.11 at 10:14 am }

A superb result! I’m rooting for Jason to win because…well… that what would happen in real life.

He just needs to keep the arse-licking up to the frenetic heights he’s managed so far. And keep the back-stabbing subtle – which he indeed did in a veritable masterclass last night. Bravo Jase! Great exercise in how to use praise as a put-down and a reminder of the other persons’ failings. It was probably good that you also cut back on the ‘sirs’ but kept the ‘Mr Bouris’s’ up.

In my many, many years in the private and public sectors, I have seen that the arse-licking strategy always prevails over talent and commitment.

18 blurp { 11.16.11 at 10:19 am }

what kind of show is this? Jason has always lost when he was project manager and he still there? it’s like the judging panel has already chosen who the celebrity apprentice is. Well, if this is how the company operated, I have no confident on your brand Mr. Bouris. I like Donald Trump better of his fairness!! the performance should be based on this show, not elsewhere. After last night’s episode, I’ve done watching!

19 Culinary Boner { 11.16.11 at 10:54 am }

They should rename this show ” ‘Personal Brand’ Apprentice”

20 Wurstsemmel { 11.16.11 at 12:15 pm }

I’d like to see SIR Alan Sugar sort this lot out.

21 Hartono { 11.16.11 at 5:19 pm }

The show has becoming very predictable and boring.
The Panel of Judges are losing it. The show has lost it’s glamour and shine. The element of surprise is gone.
It is time for the viewers to vote for the winner.

22 Dutch Courage { 11.16.11 at 5:50 pm }

Good points folks! Don’t blame Jason! The only ones to blame are Sir Bouris and his two scripted and boring sidekicks. Sir Bouris is rewarding Jason for his crazy behavior. If they would use the same standards in the real world the Yellow Brick Road would be a dead end road by now.
By the way, I spotted Andrew Morello (Head of Business Development at YBR) at the airport, he got rid of his mullet but gee….he is getting bigger and bigger…will need 2 tickets soon….

23 Anti-Jason Coleman Dance Group. org. { 11.21.11 at 10:33 pm }

Am i the only one who thinks Jason Coleman is the worlds biggest tosser? I mean seriously he talks himself up sooo much, he sucks ass, he’ll step on anyone to make himself look better, he’s bossy, he’s rude, kids hate him, personally he reminds of a scawny male version of Agatha Trunchbull , he’s like a little baby when he gets bagged out all sulky and defensive, soooo pathetic, yea he might be nice and polite in real life but he has no admirable qualities, like his balls have never dropped and he’s never actually learned how to be a respectable person, i mean good for him if he gets to boss around little girls for a living, i feel sorry for them, how he got picked over Shane Crawford i’ll never understand, now there’s a guy with actual integrity, Jason Coleman has zerrooo

24 smauge { 11.22.11 at 7:56 am }

LOL!! My hubby called him Trunchbull as well!
As for Andrew Morello – man, what a heart attack waiting to happen he is! They must be paying him well at YBR, he must be eating full meals about 10 times a day! Kate Ceberano – a potential contestant for your show!