Sonia Kruger To Host Big Brother Next Year?

TV Tonight has got a major scoop if he is correct with rumours Sonia Kruger may be the host of Big Brother which is returning to NINE next year.

The rumour is she will defect from Seven to Nine for the opportunity to host her own show. If the chatter about the show is anything thing to go by it is going to be huge.

The article states that she is well known for being able to work off script which is something the host of this show must be able to do. Also even though she has done eleven seasons of Dancing With The Stars, she is contracted on a series by series basis.

Sonia Kruger ticks the boxes in a lot of ways she has a high profile, a quick wit, and is engaging.

Also she will have learnt how not to deal with vulnerable contestants after her clanger with Brynne Edelsten this year. This was one of the great skills of Gretel Killeen in showing warmth and empathy to the evicted housemates as well as being sassy and smart.

What do you think of Sonia Kruger being the host of Big Brother?

1 PinkPatentMaryJanes { 11.16.11 at 11:17 am }

Actually, she would be awesome – and I’d probably watch Big Brother for the first time in yonks to see her. Good choice.

2 seepi { 11.16.11 at 11:18 am }

I think she is a bit too brash and tactless/dim.

3 Reality Raver { 11.16.11 at 11:19 am }

I wonder if the Sonia Kruger rumour is just to test out what people actually think before they sign her up?

4 Michelle { 11.16.11 at 11:25 am }

She is a much better choice than Hamish and Andy and a move to Nine would prob work well for her as there are to many “Women” on 7 and Nine lacks talent like Sonia. Makes you wonder what demographic they are pushing the show to if they are going to use her.

5 En Gy { 11.16.11 at 11:26 am }

Mmmm. Can’t remember the last time I saw her on TV, but I don’t watch much 7 (and I don’t think I can even picture her face. Lord, i’m bad at this game!)

I don’t mind who is on Big Brother, it is banned from my house. The first season over here was good, the rest were just trainwrecks

6 Culinary Boner { 11.16.11 at 11:31 am }

She’s got long legs and wears what she’d call ‘Antarctic’ skirts, so I reckon she’d go ok… not that I’ll be watching BB anyway. By far and away the worse “reality” show in the history of the genre. I’ll leave the viewing to the women, gays and teens who like this bollocks.

7 Chunks { 11.16.11 at 12:10 pm }

Really? Viewers will die of boredom before the seris is half over. It will be the second death knell for BB. Sonia just doesn’t have it. What about Lara Bingle? She needs a new gig if she’s going to keep being sent free stuff to live off.

8 Wurstsemmel { 11.16.11 at 12:11 pm }

Seepi said it for me.

Won’t be watching BB anyway…..and isn’t SK too old for that demographic?

9 SED { 11.16.11 at 12:59 pm }

I think sonia is a decent choice as host. Not sure about demographic but she has a great ability to get what she wants out of contestants. Still think Garonzi should be given a go, maybe with the awkward and camp styling of peter Everett (ready steady cook) host anan up-late bb talk show. I still don’t know how people can dislike what is the ultimate reality show!

10 emerald125 { 11.16.11 at 1:47 pm }

I am not a fan at all… she turns me off DWTS I would prefer Natalie from Farmer…

11 Trent { 11.16.11 at 2:06 pm }

VERY HAPPY!!!!

I Love Sonia, she is very funny and quick witter, and love her one-liners.. Great choice in my books..

12 Biron { 11.16.11 at 3:09 pm }

Probably right up her alley; she has no finesse; little bit rough for a hostess and will be glad to see her off DWTS

13 Culinary Boner { 11.16.11 at 3:16 pm }

She’ll at least be able to instruct the this show’s inmates how to take a Turkey Slap with dignity…or am I confusing her with Charlotte Dawson??

14 En Gy { 11.16.11 at 3:25 pm }

I just choked on my coffee at that Culinary Boner.

Yes. You’re getting things mixed up 😉

15 Mrs T { 11.16.11 at 3:44 pm }

I don’t watch DWS but I thought Sonia was more of a funniest home videos type of gal. I guess time will tell.

16 Dutch Courage { 11.16.11 at 4:57 pm }

Shelley Craft would have been a better choice!
Not sure how she would cope with Boner’s turkey slap topic though.

17 Culinary Boner { 11.16.11 at 5:16 pm }

Shelley’s too wholesome surely… I think you’re right Dutch Courage

18 ange { 11.16.11 at 10:47 pm }

Sonia is too boring. Bring back Gretel!

19 Tony { 11.17.11 at 7:36 am }

I think Toni Pearen should be given the gig. Can’t be any worse than when Kyle & Jackie O did it.

20 seepi { 11.17.11 at 10:27 am }

It needs someone with a bit of brains a bit of warmth and just a bit of bite.

Maybe Chrissie Swan from the Circle (ex- BB herself.)