Beauty And The Geek – Helen May Have A Cyber Boyfriend, But At Least It Is Not A Character From The Sims

A three and half year online relationship?  This needs to be discussed. If you have been communicating online that length of time wouldn’t one of you get on a plane to at least check the person out?

There are cheap flights to Amsterdam at the moment on Garuda OK it involves a few stops, but something I would be willing to do to consummate a relationship of over three years.

Even Jimmy found it a bit strange. Do you have an obligation to be monogamous with someone you have not met? Or even if they have, after this length of time you would think they would be considering living in the same country or at least the same continent.

Anyway poor Jimmy after declaring he liked her slunk away, he had been rejected for a cyber boyfriend. Maybe he is a step up from her previous one who was in The Sims.

Tonight the first challenge the geeks having to look at a not very attractive peroxide blonde. However they were probably not looking at her face as she was naked. They had to draw her, as she lay there gibbering away. And that was the trick the test was not about the drawing but whether they had listened to her.

Gilbert is a bit of a Renaissance Man who did a really great drawing but he was first to be eliminated for not getting the girls name correct.

Jimmy ended up winning the challenge so was safe for next week’s finale.

The other challenge was the beauties had to be dressed by the geeks as something that was iconic to London. Jackie Frank and Sonia Kruger were the judges were pretty bemused by it all. Jordan won as she did a great impersonation of Hermione.

In the end Lachlan and Sarah, and Helen and Troy were nominated for elimination.

Helen was asked to name the three Kardashian sisters, in fact there are five so it would have been interesting to see what would have occurred if she had named one of the teen girls.

Also Lachlan got lucky and was asked a political question which he answered easily as he is interested in politics. Also he was asked about the lyrics of the Helen Reddy classic “I Am Woman”. If he had ever been to a Labor Party Karoke fundraiser those lyrics would have been seared into his brain.

In the end Helen and Troy were eliminated, which made me wonder why was Sarah crying in her pieces to camera at the end of the episode?

1 Madstar { 11.17.11 at 11:36 pm }

Helen and her boyfriend have met in person numerous times. So yeah, I’m pretty sure there was an obligation to be monogamous. She also told people on day 3 in the house when the topic came up, so poor Jimmy obviously missed that conversation (as did Maddy, judging from the TV week interview).

2 Reality Raver { 11.17.11 at 11:40 pm }

Thank God for that. Personally I think Jimmy has a charm about him I hope she flicks sudoku boy for him.

3 SED { 11.17.11 at 11:41 pm }

Odd I know, I just kept thinking ‘zimbabwean scammer’ when she said that but you never know, these things could work. Is a little strange though, lets see what the magazines have to say about this all.

4 Madstar { 11.17.11 at 11:43 pm }

Sounds to me like the editing has been playing up some of the romances in the house. Did you see TV Week this week? Dolly’s ditched Gilbert and she’s now going out with someone else.

5 Reality Raver { 11.18.11 at 12:16 am }

Madstar – I don’t think Dolly ever liked Gilbert. He is quite a catch though.

6 Georgie { 11.18.11 at 7:34 am }

Sudoku champ aside, I’d find it hard to believe that any man living in Amsterdam would be monogamous to a cyber girlfriend whether he’s met her or not.

Jimmy winning the art challenge speaks volumes for him – here’s a man who can listen to a woman while she’s naked.

7 Madstar { 11.18.11 at 9:02 am }

Do you find it similarly hard to believe that Helen is faithful to him? Judgemental much?

8 Georgie { 11.18.11 at 9:15 am }

Madstar it wasn’t my intention to be judgemental – my comment was on the reputation of Amsterdam as a city of ‘free love’ and loose morals.

9 Culinary Boner { 11.18.11 at 9:41 am }

Georgie, the Dutch have historically been more commercially savvy than most other nationalities, so I think you’ll find the ‘free love’ rumpy-pumpy comes at a price, as does the ganja.

10 Georgie { 11.18.11 at 10:05 am }

Thanks (for the Mae West) CB, I take your point. I guess ‘free love’ was a term I siezed upon erroneously to describe the liberal laws, not so much that it was actually $$$ free.

It was the irony of the situation with Helen’s cyber sudoku champ living in Amsterdam and trying to remain faithful in the ‘face’ of all that temptation.

I was trying to be funny but didn’t realise this B & G stuff is apparently pretty serious.

11 Culinary Boner { 11.18.11 at 10:48 am }

Georgie, hell yeah, this stuff is serious.

Sukudo Boy has clearly risen to the top of his chosen game by channelling all his libidinous thoughts for the luscious, but inconveniently located, Helen into this parlour past-time, with all the gusto of a non-paedo Catholic priest sitting bored after his corned beef and cabbage supper.

While Helen, knowing full well that you need to occupy those errant fingers, as well as distracting the brain, in order to avoid the temptation of running them through Jimmy’s greasy jet-black rockabilly crop*, has opted to frenetically jab away 24-7 at her Rubik’s Cube.

(* a convenient source of lube I note, should the temptation prove too much)

Poor Jimmy. Brains, humour, spark and looks in one package. And he still can’t get laid.

12 Georgie { 11.18.11 at 11:34 am }

Lol – I know I can count on you not to take anything but the lack of good 80’s music seriously.

13 Culinary Boner { 11.18.11 at 2:55 pm }

Georgie, on a serious note and in all fairness to the 80s I wish to put on record that while this decade may not have rocked in a musical sense it did shit from a great height on many other decades in terms of:
– Comedy (70s comedy, Python excepted, was the pits. The 80s saw great comedy acting shows like B.Elton’s The Young Ones and Blackadder, funny review/sketch shows like Not the Nine O’Clock news and our very own D-Generation, a plethora of stand-up in pubs, clubs and on the tele, show’s like The Big Gig which brought us the Doug Anthony Allstars and Sandman and Flacco, and some great radio comedy like Roy & HG).
– Food (while sun-dried tomatoes became as ubiquitous as carrot in a Sunday morning spew, the 80s saw the advent of restaurants providing proper, quality Asian and Mediterranean cuisine and then this migrating into our our kitchens)
– Really important historical events (not the pissy stuff people get excited about nowadays…stuff like the end of the seemingly endless and psychologically draining Cold War – though back in the early 80s you could always try to get a root by claiming the world was about to end and you didn’t want to die a virgin)
– The birth of the digital age (Space Invaders, and CDs – for my 70s stuff)

14 Georgie { 11.18.11 at 3:26 pm }

I think the 70’s was more responsible for opening closed minds which paved the way for a lot of awareness including food and our poor struggling environment.

I agree you can’t top Python for 70’s comedy for but there were other worthwhile contributions:
Peter Sellers (most of Pink Panther series were filmed in the 70’s)
Frank Zappa – musician yes but also under-rated comedian
Cheech and Chong
Richard Pryor
MASH

I could most likely come up with more if I took the time to think.

15 ozblond { 11.18.11 at 8:19 pm }

with the Kardashian Sisters question, you have that wrong too as the 2 youngest sisters, Kendall and Kylie are not Kardashians, they are Bruce Jenners duaghters with Kris Jenner (nee Kardashian) the 3 oldest have a different father, Robert Kardashian who died several years ago when the girls and Rob Junior were young kids, after him and Kris had already divorced and Bruce was friends with Robert before he died and promised he would look after the 4 Kardashian kids as his own ( Kourtney, Kim, Khloe and Rob) so yeah…

16 Brad { 11.21.11 at 11:30 pm }

I can’t stand Jackie Frank. I really love BATG but I have to admit, I felt forced to turn over and watch someone else this ep. Why does she have to pop up on everything just because she’s an editor of one of 7’s mags? Who cares. She’d rude, crude and crass. Who is she to be judging others?? So inappropriate. Get her off my TV please!