What Reality TV Show Would You Like To Go On?

Regular commenter TMC asked me in another thread what reality TV show I would go on, and of course I instantly answered Jersey Shore… Only joking.

But I thought it would make a good post to find out which shows you guys would go on if you had the opportunity to. Let’s just say you can pick any show or shows regardless of skill or even make up your own.

Here is what I said:

The Amazing Race would be the show I would love to go on, and in fact nearly applied to go on it last year, but circumstances prevailed so I could not. However, I would not win as I am totally unco-ordinated and unfit. But I would make great tv viewing as I have a taxi driver phobia.

The other one would be The Apprentice. Just to see if some of my theories about how to not get eliminated panned out. For example don’t be boring on camera, or create controversy. My sales and marketing skills probably wouldn’t keep me in there.

I will also add in Big Brother as I think that could be an interesting dynamic being locked in a bubble with other people who would be completely different. However I would not touch alcohol while I was in the house, but I would get in the spa.

What shows would you want to go on and why?

1 Wurstsemmel { 11.17.11 at 11:23 am }

I don’t know if this counts as a reality show but I wouldn’t mind having a go on ‘Who do you think you are’, simply because for every celebrity they feature, they seem to unearth exciting, interesting ancestors rather than the boring , intermarrying lot I am stuck with.

I’d like to do TAR – who doesn’t want to race to meet Phil on the pitstop mat? – but I can’t fly, so that’s not going to get me far.

I’d like the challenge of the Apprentice but not with Mark Bouris. I’d like to face off with cranky pants Alan Sugar.

Finally, The Block, but would prefer to time travel it back to the Jamie Durie days….

2 Dazza { 11.17.11 at 11:44 am }

At current age (mid 40’s) it would be Amazing Race with my daughter. We are the daredevils of the family. I would love Big Brother but could not handle the isolation and I’m not controversial enough

3 Culinary Boner { 11.17.11 at 11:49 am }

Deadliest Catch – as cook and key holder for the liquor cabinet, definitely not fisherman or engineer.
Ice Road Truckers – as a drinking buddy.
Hells Kitchen – as the set’s spa attendant.
Bargain Hunt – as one of the twerp contestants (I look fetching in red fleece).
Top Chef – as bag carrier for Padma or Gail, or as polisher of Tom’s head (the one above his neck).

4 Calliegirl { 11.17.11 at 11:58 am }

Thanks CB. Knew we could count on you to give us a laugh.

5 SED { 11.17.11 at 12:19 pm }

would totally go on big brother. i always get told that i am a 60 year old gran stuck in a twenty year old male body. im also really anal about things apparently – not my words! im pretty much the opposite of most people my age anyway.

6 Culinary Boner { 11.17.11 at 12:55 pm }

Oh.. I forgot to add:

Beauty & the Geek – as Bern-aaard…oh, or the spa attendant.

Raver, Jersey Shore eh? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSTbS377e0I&feature=related

” i am a 60 year old gran stuck in a twenty year old MALE body”
Huh? SED, I’m too afraid to ask the obvious question… Maybe you should go on Jersey Shore?

7 TMC { 11.17.11 at 1:21 pm }

Is there a JeSsinta/ Didier type romance happening here between Culinary Boner and CallieGirl

8 Culinary Boner { 11.17.11 at 1:24 pm }

I can wear a waistcoat if calliegirl desires – though I still look more fetching in red fleece

9 akris { 11.17.11 at 1:50 pm }

Amazing Race!!

10 KC { 11.17.11 at 2:01 pm }

Masterchef πŸ˜€ Except I can’t cook to save my life πŸ˜€ But neither could Sam in the first season right? I have a chance! πŸ˜€

11 Georgie { 11.17.11 at 2:39 pm }

Hey SED, I’m a 20 year old female stuck in a 50’s something body – maybe we could get together!

12 AngelSN86 { 11.17.11 at 2:53 pm }

Probably Amazing Race if I had to pick one, but my fiance and I would most likely kill each other, lol. But I suppose we’d make good TV. We’re just too different.

13 brain dead dave { 11.17.11 at 3:07 pm }

Biggest Loser for me. I’m only 75 kilos now and could win immunity every week and serve it right up to those whales.

14 Craig { 11.17.11 at 3:09 pm }

Survivor. But only the US one, not a local version. Why? I love the concept of being totally out of my comfort zone in a beautiful location & to get to meet Jeff Probst!!

15 kathl29 { 11.17.11 at 3:13 pm }

I think probably big brother as long as more contestants than me were over 20 and not looking for a zoo photoshoot.

The Amazing Race would be fantastic but I hate flying which would make it a bit difficult!

Four Weddings would also be fun too to allow my inner bitch free range!

16 Izobel2 { 11.17.11 at 3:19 pm }

Wife Swap for me!! I could get some neat freak to come here and clean this mess up whilst I went to someone else’s house and relaxed for a week, and teach them all about watching Reality TV!!
Biggest Loser would be my number 2 choice. So I could hang out with Brain Dead Dave!

17 Calliegirl { 11.17.11 at 3:19 pm }

CB just as long as you don’t wear ‘high pants’!

18 brain dead dave { 11.17.11 at 3:25 pm }

I’ll be happy to share the supply of piss pills and heavy duty laxatives I’ll be smuggling into Camp Biggest Loser, Izobel 2.

19 Chunks { 11.17.11 at 3:28 pm }

I’d give Survivor or Amazing Race a go but since I loathe being cold and wet and sleep-deprived and can’t stand eating gross things, I’m not sure how long I’d last. But I’m good at puzzles if that helps.

20 Izobel2 { 11.17.11 at 3:47 pm }

Nice one BDD!

And Chunks I agree with you!! Cold and wet and sand and 20 strangers gnawing off a pig and then spitting in it and then eating it!!

21 ExEssex { 11.17.11 at 6:06 pm }

The Amazing Race. I’ve always wanted a shot at that

22 Susan { 11.17.11 at 6:13 pm }

Without a doubt – Survivor – although I am sure I would be voted off first! Too bossy and unable to fly under the radar!!

23 SED { 11.17.11 at 6:14 pm }

@georgie lol sounds like the perfect couple to enter the bb house!
@CB im too white to be one of the jersey shore! plus they won’t want a voice of reason.

24 Cherkin { 11.17.11 at 6:53 pm }

Survivor every time! Just to get a close up look at that hunky Jeff Probst.

25 Reality Raver { 11.17.11 at 9:52 pm }

Cherkin, Chunks and Craig – not even meeting Jeff Probst would get me onto Survivor. Also I don’t have the silicon in the right places so when weight is being lost shrinkage will occur. Something they take into account when they are casting women.

Izobel2 – Oh snap on wifeswap, what would you do in the first week when you have to follow their rules? BTW Australia Wife Swap will be on Lifestyle over summer.

BDD – what trainer would you like? Ninja Tiffany?

Kathl29 – what would be the theme of your wedding?

Akris, Ex -Essex and Dazza – The Amazing Race appears to be a popular response.

Georgie and SED – there could be some Freaky Friday stuff there. Maybe you should both go on BB.

Calliegirl – you didn’t tell us what show you would like to go on.

AngelSN86 – You don’t want to go on the race to see if your relationship is strong enough? Isn’t that what most of the couples do who go on the show, particularly the dating couples.

KC – As you said don’t let not being able to cook stop you.

Culinary Boner – Hell yes Top Chef but I would be far too distracted by the judging panel.

Wurstsemmel – Would you complain to Phil if you got to the pit stop and he didn’t raise his eyebrow?

SED – you should apply next year. that could be your hook.But just don’t dribble.

Susan – yep your right you would go first. Unless you could point the finger at the weakling or light the fire when the others can’t.

26 SED { 11.17.11 at 10:31 pm }

@RR – Im pretty forthcoming, and Ive got qualities which I can always use to my advantage (e.g. the ‘law’ student but born ‘westie’ – although I really do hate it when people judge me on that) who knows if Id fit the mold of what they want. I am BB’s biggest fanatic and have watched all AUS + some of UK seasons so I have a feeling I know what people want and what they dont want – to be honest the main reason why I would want to go is so I can ensure there is one less player ‘flying under the radar’ – that is the most boring strategy ever.

Thanks RR – now youve really got me thinking!

27 slippy { 11.17.11 at 11:49 pm }

I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here – Just to get up close and personal with Dec. I love that little munchkin. I do like the extreme challenges they do, would be cool to push the limits (maybe not the food ones, though)

I Love Money – The contestants are normally thick as planks, would be easy to manipulate the game to win the $250k.
Although, to get on ILM, it would mean I would’ve had to have snogged Brett Michaels or Flava Flav.. :/

28 Georgie { 11.18.11 at 8:22 am }

With all the tantrums and narcissism going down in the celebrity stakes recently I’d like to see a reality show called ‘The Biggest Ego’.

The participant pool would be bottomless and the antics would be gold. They could do it for charity and their own gain would be the usual exposure they all value so highly.

29 Calliegirl { 11.18.11 at 8:34 am }

RR I did post somewhere that Survivor would be my choice – BUT I have changed my mind and would like to go on The Apprentice – as corporate is more my style.

30 Culinary Boner { 11.18.11 at 9:51 am }

georgie, good idea I’d just make the title more alliterative as follows: “Celebrity Cockhead”

31 Georgie { 11.18.11 at 10:23 am }

Let’s get really carried away and do another show altogether –
Celebrity Cokehead.
That participant pool would also be bottomless.

32 Joseph Skyrim { 11.18.11 at 10:38 am }

Think I’m more a “game show” type person, unless Crystal Maze, Takeshi’s Castle, Gladiators, Viking, or Sasuke counts as reality tv? Didn’t think so. πŸ˜›

Wouldn’t mind a more combat focused Takeshi’s castle type thing either (instead of the purely luck based jumping through doors and down holes segments).

33 kess { 11.18.11 at 3:05 pm }

TAR – is the best, the travel and adventure is unlike any other RTV, most of them you are stuck exiled someplace. At least with TAR you can avoid annoying people – except your partner.

And then – any lame RTV from the UK like shipwreck or something, those shows are full or morons and you could easily win.