The X Factor – And The Winner Was Predictable

Well my theories were correct:

Firstly that Reece Mastin was given the prime spot, and got to sing with Kylie, and this was a way to ensure he won this year’s The X Factor, and he did.

However there was only one percent difference between Reece and Andrew Wishart. Therefore my other theory also had legs, which was Johnny Ruffo and Reece would split the teen vote and Andrew Wishart would come through and take the crown.

Simon Cowell will be pleased he has a potential star on his hands, and I note no sign of last years winner Altiyan Childs at the final.

Also did anyone else notice that Reece was singing to a pre-recorded track when he sang his winners song at the end?

Highlights of the evening were:

• Luke O’Dell singing Introvert/Extrovert Doesn’t Matter,
  • Emmanuel singing Let It Be;
  • Kylie Minogue sing I Should Be So Lucky.
Unfortunately the twins were not given a cameo onstage tonight as that would have been entertaining.
It was a great second series for The X Factor, and was well worth it for Seven to stick with in for a second year, even though the vultures were circulating over it. However it won’t have a easy ride next year, as The Voice will be entering the talent reality TV show genre.

1 Essjay { 11.22.11 at 10:40 pm }

Oh no! You mentioned “he who should not be named” … Batten down the hatches!

2 Chunks { 11.22.11 at 11:51 pm }

Well that’s it, Johnny is out so I’m being totally parochial and not watching the rest of it. Do you really think that Reece being on last with Kylie would make such a difference in the voting? Wish I knew. It would be fascinating to be able to find out.

3 Dazza { 11.23.11 at 8:32 am }

Pink should be suing the ass off them for making the winners single an exact rip off of “Raise Your Glass”

4 smauge { 11.23.11 at 9:58 am }

LOL Essjay!

5 tanny { 11.23.11 at 11:01 am }

As nice a man as Andrew seems to be, I don’t think he ever had the “X Factor”. His voice was good as far as what the judges were after, but he did exactly the same thing with it each time. As someone of about Andrew’s age, vocally he didn’t do anything for me at all. I found his voice quite grating and would use his performance time to leave the room and do something or do some channel flicking. Johnny and Reece have a bit of life, light and freshness about them. I would have been happy for either of them to win. Having said that, was glad to see Reece take it out. His voice and stage presence were very strong from day one. It would have seemed unusual if he hadn’t been the one to sing with Kylie – certainly style-wise he is most like Robbie Williams of the three of them, so it was fitting that he did Robbie’s part. Even sex appeal-wise. He looked right at home there with Kylie. He obviously has true international potential, which I don’t think could have been said of the others.

6 Culinary Boner { 11.23.11 at 2:42 pm }

Essjay… you don’t mean? *gulp* um…him? um… the terrifying one… with the groupies? ….and the clubhouse?…. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojAC9Of7us4

7 Culinary Boner { 11.23.11 at 2:45 pm }

Oh… and just for Julia and Deni…

8 brain dead dave { 11.23.11 at 2:46 pm }

No Mitchell Callaway last night ,either. It’s a jungle out there.

When Reece went up into the audience with his celebratory song, you can hear him singing while the microphone is nowhere near his mouth. It’s while his rellies are mauling him. Some sonic skullduggery going on there, I think.

I just don’t believe that there was a one percent differential in the votes. That’s an old ruse.

Pops’ camel toe last night had me in stitches. Not good.

9 Georgie { 11.23.11 at 2:49 pm }

CB ‘n Essjay – don’t forget the fans with lice who clog the blog.

10 brain dead dave { 11.23.11 at 3:15 pm }

You have to wonder whether Pops had pre recorded a winner’s
track in advance, in case he won. Wonder too ,about how much of this lip syncing/vocal shadowing goes on during a season of X factor.

Last year we had what looked/sounded like an auto tune glitch with Mahogany.

11 smauge { 11.23.11 at 10:46 pm }

And don’t forget the “Altourage” CB!

12 Dr { 11.26.11 at 8:50 am }