Beauty And The Geek – The Winner Won All Round

Lachlan really had a win win time on Beauty and the Geek, he won the girl as well as the game.

Sarah and Lachlan will get to share the $100,000 first prize.

Jordan and him were not the only ones to find love, as Mackenzie and Troy announced their engagement. Seriously they really are dumb they got engaged and they had only been going about three months. Bet they don’t make it down the aisle.

It is unusual in a finale to not care who won, this was not out of ambivalence but the fact I liked all the geeks, and most of the beauties.

The first challenge was a school report card one with a science, home economics and physical education task. The PE involved a swimming pole so the producers could get the beauties in swimmers, and the geeks in budgie smugglers. Gilbert does have a rocking body.

After this Mackenzie and Jimmy were eliminated due to the fact that he refused to jump off the three metre board.

The next challenge was the prom where they had to dance and there was a set up kissing booth. I am not sure why Lachlan was so worried about getting his braces caught with another girl with braces, as he had his lips well and truly clamped shut.

After this challenge Gilbert and Jacelle were eliminated.

Then it was to the elimination room where it went to a decider. Jordan blew it on the question of how tall was Julian. Jordan still got the consolation prize of still going out with Lachlan and he was now $50,000 richer.

One aspect of the show which is great is that it did appear to give this crop of geeks a lot more confidence and I can see Jimmy cutting a swathe through the ladies.

Were you happy with the winner?

1 some random { 11.24.11 at 11:12 pm }

Extremely happy! Im having mixed emotions though, mix between being ecstatic that lachlan won and sad jordan didnt win. I just wish they were on the same team so they would both win…

2 par3182 { 11.25.11 at 1:11 am }

I’m glad Sarah won on her answer; poor girl looked terrified under pressure and the win will do wonders for her confidence. But how come the beauties had to bear all the pressure of the tie-break?

Wanted Gilly and Jacelle to win but happy for Lachlan and Sarah (kind of glad Jordan was denied because her jealousy issues were a pain).

The fun they were all having at the formal was really sweet.

3 Culinary Boner { 11.25.11 at 8:17 am }

Jordan clearly thought Julian was a hobbit. 150cms?! lol

4 Georgie { 11.25.11 at 9:13 am }

I’ve watched a few of the episodes in this series and I felt the finale was a bit weak. After all this time I thought the contestants development should have been more advanced than the final challenges demanded. They weren’t any more taxing than they’ve been all along.

5 Culinary Boner { 11.25.11 at 9:24 am }

A pity this show is now over as this is one of those great shows you can watch while your brain does other things – either going into ‘sleep-and-drool mode’, day-dreaming or solving pressing life problems.

It was whilst the brain was in the day-dream mode (drool button firmly on) – did I mention that Ajay gives me the horn? – that Bern-aaard was on screen and brain, noticing a ‘beauty spot’ on his cheek and his office-boy hairstyle, started rolling through its filofax to come up with the following:-

Clearly Bern-aaard has a big future ahead of him in the acting profession.

I’m also putting a lazy $50 on Sarah as Matt Newton’s girlfriend down the track, ’cause she’s got the look. Cross-eyed, mouth five times too big for petite face, air of vulnerability and uncertainty, along with the most sensational set of silicon C-cups ever to jump off screen and poke the Australian viewing public right in the eye.

BATG how I will miss thee.

6 Culinary Boner { 11.25.11 at 2:03 pm }

“and I can see Jimmy cutting a swathe through the ladies.”…

Though obviously not in an Esther Williams routine…

* just for the young ‘uns – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esther_Williams

7 seepi { 11.25.11 at 3:02 pm }

It is a nice show, surprisingly enough. I’m glad they got rid of crabby maddy – the main good thing about the show is how much they all seem to like and support each other.

I thought the whole kissing booth thing was a little off though. Poor julian – first kiss on telly. I hope he gets as girlfriend now – I’m not sure he will though.

8 Culinary Boner { 11.25.11 at 3:51 pm }

“The PE involved a swimming pole so the producers could get the beauties in swimmers”

Was this Gilbert’s or Lachlan’s “pole” that they used to entice the beauties into swimmers?

9 some random { 11.25.11 at 8:23 pm }

Haha, i didnt see that blooper lol. Why do you assume it wasnt……..julians? lol

10 Culinary Boner { 11.26.11 at 12:00 pm }

Julian has such a knowing smile that it leaves me wondering if the Coefficient of Expansion isn’t working in his favour anyway

11 some random { 11.26.11 at 3:24 pm }

What bout jimmy? He might entice some of the beauties into swimwear *yeah right*…….