Channel Nine Launch Their 2012 Schedule And It Is All About Reality TV

Channel Nine who have been beaten in the ratings by SEVEN this year, are using reality TV to bring them back to being number one in 2012.

This strategy might just work for them with what looks to be a very solid lineup of exciting new reality shows to capture the viewers attention. Expect most of them to be in the 7.00pm timeslot which has been a strategy that has worked so well for them this year.

The shows are:

The Voice: The ratings smash hit in the US with more than 10 million viewers a week. The hook for this show is the judges have to pick their contestants on their voices only which will make for some interesting contestants.

The judges and coaches will be Good Charlotte rocker Joel Madden, international country music star Keith Urban, Grammy Award winning soul singer Seal and Aussie pop singer Delta Goodrem. Expect it to rate big.

Excess Baggage: Eight celebrities, eight ordinary Australians  who have physical and emotional baggage is holding them back.  The show will be hosted by Kate Ceberano with celebrities: Kevin Federline, Christine Anu, Kate DeAraugo, Gaby Millgate, Darryn Lyons, Brant Webb, Ajay Rochester and Robert “Dipper” DiPierdomenico.

Facebook: facebook.com/ExcessBaggageAU Twitter: @ExcessBaggage9

Big Brother: The ‘mother’ of all reality shows returns to Australian television on Nine in 2012. The show that changed the face of Australian television will be reborn on Nine with a bold new attitude and a brand new host, Sonia Kruger.

Expect social media interaction by viewers to be huge.

Facebook: facebook.com/BigBrotherAU

Twitter: @BBAU9

Shows returning will be The Celebrity Apprentice Australia with a whole new cast  and  The Farmer Wants A Wife, hosted by Natalie Gruzlewski. Farmer Wants A Wife needs a format change or some casting twists arrest the rating slide it had this year. A gay farmer would be a good start.

The Block 2012

The Block in the 7.00pm time slot was the hit of 2011, reaching  3.7million viewers. In 2012, Channel Nine are saying there will be a new elimination round and new challenges. It will again be shot in Melbourne.

GO Channel will also have Survivor and The Bachelor.

Which of these shows will you be watching in 2012.

1 Leop { 11.24.11 at 11:28 am }

Definately not TB, can’t stand Cam. Can’t wait for Celebrity Apprentice and have loved all seasons of Farmer except for the last. Too ‘scripted’ and lacked the lustre of previous shows; quite boring and droll the last one – Love Natalie; she’d have to be the best tv hostess in Aust. Agree RR a gay farmer would be a hoot. Mustering lambies?

2 Shelsta78 { 11.24.11 at 11:31 am }

Stupidly excited about BB being back on air. I’m still not convinced by Kruger. If they can craft her style in the model of UKBB Devina McCall then it might just work.

3 kathl29 { 11.24.11 at 11:49 am }

I’m with shelsta78 … Am so looking forward to BB. Just hope we get a wider range of participants instead of a group of early twenties they hope will have sex with each other. Sonia kruger not my favourite host so will be interesting to see how she goes … This has the potential to make or break her career.

Also looking forward to celebrity apprentice … Due to last 5 weeks in hospital have not seen much and want to see what I have been missing.

Not too fussed about farmer … does need a twist as has got a bit stale

4 Culinary Boner { 11.24.11 at 12:18 pm }

Equation for Nine execs on how not to fuck up reality TV…

Celebrity Apprentice = Ratings Success*

* (with no Scott Cam, Shelley Craft, Pluck a Duck, Eddie Maguire, slack-jawed farmers or any other lame, last century, bogan icons your network would still love to foist upon us).
Meet the twenty-first century, boofheads.

5 Dazza { 11.24.11 at 12:29 pm }

Big Bro is a must. Never missed a series. Just don’t want it full of Zoo girls and Troy’s from Beauty & Geek. Give us some real diversity. Throw in trouble makers for week cameos. Steal their supplies of essentials. No makeup.

6 Reality Raver { 11.24.11 at 12:40 pm }

Dazza – BB mixed in with a bit of Survivor? Bikinis essential?

7 Paul { 11.24.11 at 1:40 pm }

Looking at that list for Excess baggage, it has got stinker written all over it.

8 Wurstsemmel { 11.24.11 at 1:59 pm }

Nothing attractive here except Celebrity Apprentice. MIGHT give The Block another go but will have to be different to this season.

9 Culinary Boner { 11.24.11 at 2:19 pm }

I’ll watch Excess Baggage for Ajay alone. As I’ve admitted here previously, she gives me the horn.

10 brain dead dave { 11.24.11 at 2:58 pm }

I saw the promo for this last night. Turd polishing on a massive scale.

Will give BB a whirl and Excess Baggage. “Eight ordinary Australians”…. ain’t that the truth?

No Scott Cam for me ,thanks.

11 Dazza { 11.24.11 at 3:12 pm }

I noticed the first ad for 2012 after the CA Finale the other night had a spelling error “Excitment”. By Tuesday Night was correctly spelt as “Excitement”. I am anal about spelling on TV considering how much money is pumped into these things

12 brain dead dave { 11.24.11 at 3:17 pm }

What they meant to say was “Excrement”

13 Leop { 11.24.11 at 5:30 pm }

Culinary Boner; you’re gonna have to have a mighty big one considering how big she’s gotten lately, lol

14 Culinary Boner { 11.24.11 at 5:45 pm }

Maybe I’ll need to book in for an $69 augmentation with that cement and super-glue Florida cosmetic surgeon – http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/11/18/2509172/doctor-accused-of-injecting-womans.html#disqus_thread.

Just how big is she now Leop?

15 Leop { 11.24.11 at 6:12 pm }

Culinary Boner; I guesstimate 130-150kg? Saw pix in goss mag cavorting with toy boy – shame as she is quite attractive

16 smauge { 11.24.11 at 6:13 pm }

A gay farmer! That’s hilarious RR! Who’s Darren Lyons?

17 smauge { 11.24.11 at 6:15 pm }

Leop – Having known Ajay years ago before she found TV fame, let me tell you, the weight you guestimate is still a shadow of her former self.

18 Leop { 11.24.11 at 6:27 pm }

Im no Pippa Smauge and not passing judgement on AJ as I really didnt mind her on BL she copped a lot of flak for what she said, how she dressed – she’s pretty gutsy going on EB 2012 the forums will have a meltdown. Darren Lyons is the big time Celebrity Photographer with a pink Mohawk lives in UK from Melb originally; made it big in UK apprently

19 PollyB { 11.24.11 at 6:28 pm }

Ajay fucking Rochester. What have tele viewers done to deserve the continual regurgitation of this nobody onto our screens? What has she done for every bloody tv broadcaster and reality tv production house to warrant her boring obese blandness on our screens? Excess Baggage is what this will be for nine.

20 smauge { 11.24.11 at 6:34 pm }

Leop – I don’t understand why there is such hatred for her but I’m not able to look at her objectively because of our past connection. (maybe PollyB can help me out there?)
When I knew her she was on radio, and that was a good thing. During that time she got pregnant with her son and I had no idea until she mentioned it…and she was 9 months pregnant by then. He was completely disguised in rolls of “excess baggage”.
But she was hilarious and clever and I always enjoyed our interactions. It completely surprised me that she copped such a pasting when she hosted BL. Mind you, you didn’t see any of her humour or true personality.
Now I remember Darren Lyons. He’s that drop kick that got the ab plastic surgery that basically put a six pack on top of his blubber. He makes Kyle Sandilands look like a real catch!

21 Leop { 11.24.11 at 7:15 pm }

Smauge – yes she was very stilted on BL – and Im sure she wore what they wanted (the producers) – the replacement (can’t think of her name) wears jeans and cotton shirts?? And no one blah’d about that? But she’s ok on BL and had a connection with the contestants that we didnt see AJ have. Hell, we all have a road to travel, some just have a harder one than others – but she has her heart in the right spot being that her son is her priority (I gather)
On another note, Darren and Kyle would make a cute couple, lol

22 smauge { 11.24.11 at 9:38 pm }

Hailey Lewis (former Australian swimmer) was the next host of BL. I know for a fact she is a wonderful mother to her boy. You are right about having a road to travel.
As for your other note – OH. DEAR. GOD.

23 SED { 11.24.11 at 10:00 pm }

To those fans of BB – I am really hoping Sonia is an amazing host. When they announced her I thought honestly it was a great alternative to Gretel. Also from memory she is a MASSIVE fan of BB (she used to ring up on the BB internet radio show and talk about it!) which to me is probably the #1 necessary quality for a host.

I really dont understand the hatred Im seeing on facebook – people are saying H&A or Fitzy/Bree would be better hosts – I dont get it! They are not decent hosts!

Yes Sonia is a bit older but she is youthful. I do think Natalie Garonzi should have been given a go – hopefully she gets a ‘BB Bit on the Side’ sort of job.

24 smauge { 11.24.11 at 10:02 pm }

Anyone would be better than Kyle and Jackie O!

25 PollyB { 11.25.11 at 7:12 am }

AJ May be a nice person, there are billions of those in the world. She is obese, so are millions, she lost weight, so do millions, she put weight back on, so have millions. Yes, we all have our own path travel. Not sure why she wants us to know about hers, or why anyone would be interested. That’s all.

26 Culinary Boner { 11.25.11 at 8:27 am }

Yeah but PollyB, she still gives me the horn

Leop, 150Ks? Cripes.
I might need to get Barry du Bous’ advice on this augmentation …oh…and a DA.

27 Leop { 11.25.11 at 8:33 am }

Polly B; sure not many people are interested in AJ, as a lot of us weren’t interested in Deni or Pauline Please Explain – I guess some people just put it out there and others dont feel the need for exposure and compared to UK or USA we don’t have a huge range of real celebs – the main thing is AJ gives Culinary Boner the horn and thats all Im concerned about for the moment

28 Amy { 11.25.11 at 8:43 am }

So Ajay is coming crawling back to Australia for another 15 minutes eh? She’s spent a lot of time bagging out Australia on her blogs since she moved to LA! Delusional famewhore.

29 smauge { 11.25.11 at 6:50 pm }

CB – You restore my faith that not every man out there is after a size 6 stick insect.

30 Culinary Boner { 11.26.11 at 11:57 am }

Smauge, all the size 6 stick insects are spoken for, even if my desires went that way… Kyle’s claimed them all for his personal harem