Lara Bingle’s Reality TV Show Still Has Not Been Picked Up

And for the five millionth time there is a newspaper yarn telling us Lara Bingle has shot a reality TV show pilot, and also it appears it has still not been picked up.

Today’s story is about how a ‘sizzle’ reel is doing the rounds of the networks. Has any show ever gotten as much publicity before it has been picked up?

I am not really sure of her likeability factor and this was not helped by her recent cameo on Celebrity Apprentice. However as I have written before is Lara Bingle has the ability to be the Australian Kardashian?

The Daily Telegraph reports:

CAN Lara Bingle emulate the success of Kim Kardashian as the star of her own reality TV series?

It seems one local television production company believes so, with market newcomer Eyeworks backing the project.

Confidential can reveal a sizzle reel has recently been circulated to TV networks teasing a reality series based on the model’s life.

Yesterday producers at Eyeworks were not returning our calls but network sources said the promo reels had landed on programming executives’ desks at the Seven and Ten networks.

The concept follows the simple yet effective reality show premise “if it happens, shoot it” and Bingle’s fitness makeover gets an airing. Now if the program’s producers can only persuade Bingle to let them film her uncensored after-dark activities, Confidential is confident the program will find an audience.

1 SED { 11.29.11 at 11:13 pm }

Seems more like something for Fox8 or Arena. That said, I think most people are well and truly over her after splitting up from Michael Clarke. She should just seriously get back to normal life – there is nothing wrong with that!

2 Georgie { 11.30.11 at 7:06 am }

Kim Kardashian may be boring but she’s also savvy. Lara Bingle is boring and ditsy. This sounds like a last ditch effort to make a dollar because she’s too unreliable for any other kind of work.

3 smauge { 11.30.11 at 9:14 am }

I’m still waiting for David Lee Roth to complete his movie Crazy From The Heat.

4 Paul { 11.30.11 at 9:42 am }

Sounds like her PR agency has been hard at work lately. Firstly the completely made up story around her ‘weight crisis’ and now this.

She needs to forget about a career in the entertainment business.

Its just not going to happen.

Firstly, she has no real talent for anything.
And secondly, the public is well and truly over her.

5 Reality Raver { 11.30.11 at 12:09 pm }

Paul – I agree with all your points.

Smauge – What? Are you for real?

Georgie – I think people think she is a bigger celeb then she is. The Celeb apprentice cameo was the final nail in the coffin. However I do hope she is in the cast for series two.

SED – definitely a pay TV or one of the digital channels but seven would be wary after the failure of the Jackie Frank reality show.

6 Culinary Boner { 11.30.11 at 1:32 pm }

I’m with smauge on wanting more DLR…

oh, as were the Cosmic Psychos…:-

“I wanna be like David Lee Roth
I want forty girls to *edit* me off.
I wanna great big rubber nose
I wanna get round in panty hose
I want long, golden locks
I want a great big 20-inch *edit*.
Do you want me just for my money?
Or do you want me for my lead break, honey?”

7 Chunks { 11.30.11 at 1:41 pm }

Serial fame-whore flops again, blames media and everyone but her own untalented, uninteresting, desperate self. Guess she could always get back with Fev and make a sex tape…

8 smauge { 11.30.11 at 2:27 pm }

RR – Don’t know if you remember but about 30 years ago David brought out the ep with that name featuring California Girls and Just A Gigolo. There was much fanfare that he was coming out with a movie of the same name and lots of photos were released to the press of David auditioning lines of bikini clad girls for parts in the movie. It was either never made, or it was made and is only available from under the counter in a brown paper bag.
I’m pretty sure it will get released before RaRa’s snore of a show.
CB – Love the Psychos! That’s a great song.
Chunks – RR should ban you until you can promise no more naked Fev visuals.

9 Reality Raver { 11.30.11 at 2:32 pm }

Chunks and Smauge – Does Fev have a six pack then visuals are OK. LOL

Smauge – The David thing is coming back to me now. I thought it was just a ruse to pick up chicks.

10 Anonymous { 11.30.11 at 3:25 pm }

RR not to “pick up chicks” but to have them “*edit* me off”.
Get with the program darl, you’re obviously not au fait with the requirements of the Cosmic Psychos or DLR.

Though the Psychos would be just as happy going to the pub:

11 Culinary Boner { 11.30.11 at 3:26 pm }

twas me above

12 smauge { 11.30.11 at 9:47 pm }

RR – Fev’s no Shane Crawford!
CB – keep the Cosmic Psychos clips coming!

13 Culinary Boner { 12.01.11 at 8:40 am }

Smauge, just for you…my favourite… coz it’s dumb, crass and no other recording has featured a heroically idiotic “GET FUCKED” chorus with such ocker panache. A true punk band, not a bunch of whiny tossers like Green Day.

14 smauge { 12.02.11 at 7:26 am }

Awesome. Thanks CB. BTW all their songs are dumb and crass – that’s what makes them fun. No heavy messages for the Psychos. Wonder if any of RR’s followers have been turned on to this great Aussie band yet?

15 Culinary Boner { 12.02.11 at 9:19 am }

Hey smauge, perhaps this’ll do the trick and get the pop lovers on this site to cross over to the ‘dark side’:

As you say, ALL their songs are dumb and crass. Oh, and devoid of any musical aptitude.

So dumb and crass in fact, that had Beavis & Butthead grown up and emigrated to Australia (’cause of their love of AC/DC) then undoubtedly they’d’ve dodged unemployment or mature-aged, minimum-wage work at BurgerWorld by forming the Cosmic Psychos.

16 smauge { 12.02.11 at 9:26 am }

I wouldn’t say they are devoid of musical aptitude. I find their guitars quite melodic. That why I love them. It’s like their guitars harmonise. That statement makes them sound really wimpy, doesn’t it?
Our fellow RR respondents should love this clip, even if they don’t like the music.

17 Culinary Boner { 12.02.11 at 9:41 am }

Maybe I was a bit harsh about their playing.
But they sit square in the anti-music punk camp, as opposed to the we-can-play-lotsa- stuff-aren’t-we-clever camp that The Clash pioneered in my opinion.
Maybe their guitars are possessed by the souls of dead Beach Boys and kick out their own harmonies?

18 smauge { 12.02.11 at 10:31 am }

I have always been a New York punk fan myself. Never liked the Clash.