Survivor South Pacific – Cochran Tried Everything To Stay In The Game

Interesting move by Cochran, throwing himself at the mercy of his tribe mates at the beginning of the episode, saying since he switched he would like to stick around for one more tribal council. Though playing the fake birthday was a nice touch.

It was going to be between him and Edna on who was to go. For a person like him who has lived and breathed Survivor, I thought he would have tried to make a move by forming a new alliance with Edna and Albert who are itching to make a move.

He should know more then anyone there are no honourable acts in Survivor particularly at the pointy end of the competition.

Thankfully before tribal council he did try and form a new alliance with Edna, Albert and Coach. Edna was easy as she knew she was next to go, and Albert’s ego was bruised when he heard Rik was calling him Princess Albert. Coach was wondering whether to throw his hat in with the new alliance or stick with the old one. He did not want to be seen as treacherous.

Albert is doing everything to shore up jury votes, except do any work around camp. He won immunity and a massage and shower, but with these there is always a catch as he got to pick one other person to do it with him. He picked Coach, but then gave up his spot so Cochran could have one as well.

Tribal Council as always was interesting, with Brandon again revealing his inner nutjob.

Brandon said “I want to do wrong things, I am only human, but there is something in me that won’t let me.” Is he insane? Why is he still in the game? Clearly he will go final three as he has no hope of winning.

Brendan also revealed he would not be flipping alliances, probably because he could not get his head around it.

As Cochran said “Talking strategy with Brandon is like talking to you [Jeff Probst] about shirts that are not blue – he just does not comprehend it, it is not in his vocabulary.”

Cochran was eliminated, clearly Coach who had said he would be doing anything to save him, decided he wasn’t going to flip into a new alliance, and he was off to Redemption Island.

Ozzy who beat Dawn and Whitney in a balancing challenge, will face off against Cochran next week, and it will truly be a David versus Goliath battle. However I can’t see Cochran winning, nor does Ozzy.

By the way if Rik wins this season he must get in the record books for the Survivor winner with the least amount of air time.

Here is the EW blog with Jeff Probst who answers questions about the episode.

1 Izobel2 { 12.07.11 at 4:31 pm }

Nice recap RR. I was watching a bit of Music Max this morn and “Macho Man – Village People” was on. Rik is a dead ringer for the cowboy.
I was hoping Dawn would beat Ozzy. Hope Cochran beats Ozzy next week, but no I don’t think he will.
And they’d want to blindside Coach soon or he’ll do a Boston Rob and take the title out…

2 Georgie { 12.07.11 at 5:08 pm }

I think Brandon’s nutter antics are a ruse to give the impression he isn’t dangerous and so far it’s been working for him.

I mean the only thing he hasn’t done yet to help cement the ‘insane’ label in place is dribble.

He seems to be able to say and do what he wants, when he wants, without fear or favour and everyone just shakes their head and gives him a wide berth.

3 Anonymous { 12.07.11 at 5:20 pm }

I totally agree with Georgie about Brandon.

I can only help Cochrane kicks Ozzy out. I really don’t want to see his smug face back in camp.

4 Chunks { 12.07.11 at 5:24 pm }

A dead-ringer for the Randy?! No WAY Izobel!

Cannot believe these silly people have not ganged up to get rid of Coach by now. Hard to see him losing at this stage, although I suppose if he takes Anna and Rik to the final three it’s possible the jury may give it to one of them for flying to well under the radar.

Georgie I think the Brandon crazy is real as he plays it straight to the cameras.

5 Georgie { 12.07.11 at 5:46 pm }

Chunks I get what you mean about Brandon playing it straight to the camera but don’t forget his pedigree.

6 Susan { 12.07.11 at 11:47 pm }

Man,I would be taking froot-loop Brandon to the end – what a goose!
Albert missed his opportunity as i think Coach will score more points from the jury for his gamesmanship (as Izobel mentioned) than any of the others – they have all just followed his lead – I really would like to see a few more game players in this series – they all just seem to be sitting back and waiting to hear what bloody Coach says – and that is why i am not a fan of the previous Survivors coming back – let us see new blood and new leaders and lots of blind sides!!!
Redemption kinda suks too – when they used to leave Tribal – that was it – now they get the second chance – that means Ozzie back in – unless a bloody miracle occurs and next week and Cochran wins …..
Meh – this sesaon isn’t grabbing me as much …. although I’m still hopelessly addicted!

7 Trent { 12.08.11 at 8:21 am }

Thanks for the recap RR

– Susan i totally agree with everything you said, the moment they put Coach and Ozzy back in the game they were then the leaders and the rest of the tribe just followed them around like lost sheep. Sophie has been one of the worst… not one tiny bit of stradegising at all. No More ex players.. Coach has been given soo many oppurtunitys at the million. Its like the producers just wanted to hand him the cheque. This season has had very unlikeable characters, that take up too much airtime Cochrane, Brandon, Ozzy, Coach, Albert… and not unlikeable in a good way like Russell just damn unlikeable people. It will make me cringe at the reunion show when the silly audience will make out Cochrane is a rockstar when really he is a slimey idiot who backstabed his own tribe for a worse position in the game only to be voted out at the first oppurtunity. I think Christine or Dawn should have won.. Christine being the underdog defeating everyone at redemption, or Dawn for being the only likeable person this series who took her elimination fine.. even after coach and his cult treated her like dirt. Sorry for the rant.

8 Dazza { 12.08.11 at 11:05 am }

Cowboy Rick = Purple Kelly

9 Picnic { 12.08.11 at 2:00 pm }

I have a sneaking suspision that Cochrane will win – went they send out teasers like Ossie saying he will win, it becomes pride before a fall!
I wish they would all stop drinking the cordial and vote Coach out