Sarah Murdoch No Longer To Host Australia’s Next Top Model

Sarah Murdoch has stood down from hosting Australia’s Next Top Model. This is not going to stop rumours circulating that she is joining the new Channel Ten’s new breakfast show.

There was no announcement on who is going to replace her. Some possibilities to host would be promoting Charlotte Dawson from judge to host, Megan Gale, Elle Macpherson.

I know they like to have a model in the role, but if Nicole Ritchie is out here with her husband Joel Madden for The Voice what about trying to tee her up?

Who would you like to see in the hosting role of Australia’s Next Top Model?

1 Miss Piggy { 12.12.11 at 8:33 pm }

Can’t say I’m sad to see her go. What I really love to see go however is the live finale – it’s so bad I can’t even watch it.

2 SEDI { 12.12.11 at 9:44 pm }

Nichole Ritchie would be so annoying as host!

My money’s on Sophie Faulkner to make a television comeback. That would be so awesome!

3 bella vita { 12.13.11 at 12:55 am }

Charlotte has been patiently waiting in the wings for years, however I don’t see it going to her.

I have no idea, but no doubt someone who has been out of the spotlight for a while and looking for a comeback
Sami Lukas, Sophie Lee, Alison Brahe (Cameron Daddo’s wife), Rachel Hunter, Pia Loyola (now married to a footy player)

4 Anonymous { 12.13.11 at 10:52 am }

They always have a model or ex-model as host as far as I know from watching AusNTM, NZ NTM, Britain’s NTM, and US NTM.

Clearly you didn’t watch Aus Project Runway or you wouldn’t suggest Megan Gale for this role.

I am so glad Sarah is going, I couldn’t stand her.

5 Trent { 12.13.11 at 11:10 am }

Hello Miss Universe Australila – Rachael Finch!

6 Cheryl { 12.13.11 at 11:20 am }

Jesinta Campbell? Actually Karina Brown (Lochie Daddo’s wife) would be a good choice – she looks and sounds a lot like Sarah, she has hosting history and I think her kids are grown up enough now that she could spend a bit more time actually on the show than Sarah did last season.

7 Craig { 12.13.11 at 2:08 pm }

Nicole Trunfio!

8 Paul { 12.13.11 at 2:11 pm }

Would have thought Pia Miller is a shoe in.

9 Reality Raver { 12.13.11 at 2:23 pm }

Craig – I like the Nicole Trunfio suggestion.

Bella Vita – I think it has to be model or former model. Pity for Charlotte always the brides maid never the bride.

Trent – I think Rachael Finch is too young. It needs an experienced hand.

Hey everyone what about Lara Bingle…. Apparently Miranda Kerr’s name is coming up.

Anonymous – I hope they don’t put Megan in as then it would mean both ANTM and Project Runway Australia would have Megan and Alex Perry. However if PRA doesn’t get another season I suspect Megan will be putting her hand up.

Cheryl – I think Jesinta is too young, however she certainly put Deni Hines back in her box on Celeb App. Also is she signed with Nine? I like the Karina Brown suggestion. I wonder if Jennifer Hawkins will be asking for an audition?

Paul – I will have to go off and google Pia Miller.

10 Culinary Boner { 12.13.11 at 2:33 pm }

Deni Hines please…oh please.

11 Craig { 12.13.11 at 4:26 pm }

Gail Elliot? her label Little Joe is well established & she’s worked along side all the supermodels of the early 90’s.

12 brain dead dave { 12.13.11 at 4:29 pm }

Weighjay Rochester.

13 gstar { 12.13.11 at 6:54 pm }

Jesinta Campbell, Post Celeb Apprentice seems too good for ANTM.
It seems fitting that it go to charotte dawson really. She was a model back in the day. small time mind you. But I think the franchise probably demands a “super” (semi at least) before the model title.
NOT Megan Gayle, please. She is painful to watch on PRA

14 Georgie { 12.13.11 at 6:59 pm }

I’ve never watched it – but why not a male model?

15 Cheryl { 12.14.11 at 12:23 am }

If you want an internationally successful model that cuts down the possibilities a lot. Most of them still live overseas if they still have other work. I guess Jennifer Hawkins could be a safe bet since she is not currently signed to a TV show as far as I know. Gemma Ward maybe? Although I’m sure she has better things to do.

16 bella vita { 12.14.11 at 1:15 am }

Pia Miller was also one of my suggestions…back in her modelling days she was known as Pia Loyola (former Dolly covergirl winner)

17 akris { 12.14.11 at 11:26 am }

Megan gale.. Please no..

Same for Lara Bingle.. Please no!

Rachel Finch definitely has the personality but she’s still young and doesn’t seem to have much modelling experience.

I vote for Elle.. she’s already doing Britain and Irelands next top model and doing a good job at it as well!

18 akris { 12.14.11 at 11:27 am }

I would LOVE gemma ward! she is my fave aussie model to date.. her and abbey lee… but i agree with Cheryl, they probably have better things to do! :)

19 Culinary Boner { 12.14.11 at 11:55 am }

Why not mine this show’s premise to a even deeper level and constitute a panel that could be considered by some to make it Misogyny Central.

Joining Mr Positive Body Image himself, Alex – I use these sunnies to save you all from my hazardous forehead glare – Perry, on an all-male cast should be:
Tyson – hang on, just let me wipe that bike seat down before you sit on it – Beckford,
Kyle Sandilands,
with non-industry ‘punter’ commentary by Mark Latham, who can help weed out the “quality box” from the rest of the dross.
An international guest appearance by Silvio Berlusconi (now he’s at a bit of loose end) would be good to.
Oh, and bring back Jonathan Pease, please.

20 LolaLee { 12.14.11 at 3:37 pm }

LOL, just snorted my coffee when I read Deni Hines! Fabulous suggestion and would see the ratings go through the roof. I have no interest in watching self absorbed teenagers strutting their stuff but would certainly watch it if Deni was hosting hahaha!

21 ange { 12.14.11 at 8:49 pm }

Actually, I think Deni’s acid tongue would make it interesting, although she is a particularly nasty piece of work. I think Jesinta would be good – after all, she was able to deal with Deni! I couldn’t stand Sara – she might have been a successful model in her prime – but she is wooden and boring. Besides, she has name impediments – e.g. repeating names she has heard verbally.

22 Moo { 12.16.11 at 12:04 pm }

Cassi Van Den Dungen gets my vote.