Michelle Duggar Does A Memorial Video Tribute To Her Daughter

I was conflicted about whether to post this video, for a number of reasons, one was I have some personal prejudices about the Duggars and their lifestyle choices, however that does not mean that I think that the loss of their latest child should be one that should be mocked.

However I do question her need to continue to get pregnant particularly as her last viable pregnancy resulted in a premmie baby and the loss of this one must indicate that her body or at least her uterus has had enough.

Is she continuing to have babies because of the reality show 20 Kids and Counting  and the resulting publicity her pregnancies receive or is it because of religious reasons?

Either way I felt uncomfortable listening to her some of her words in her memorial video above to Jubilee Shalom Duggar. Some things she say are from the heart, others I felt was being mildly critical and judgemental of other peoples reasons for having kids or their feelings about them.

Also is this memorial all to public? But then maybe the Duggar fans are also grieving.

However I will say it is a lovely photo and moving.

If you comment please be aware some readers may have lost babies or suffered miscarriages so might be particularly sensitive to this issue.

1 Lebay { 12.29.11 at 10:46 pm }

I have no problem with the Duggars. I am somewhat uncomfortable with some aspects of thier lifestyle, but they are not hurting anyone and they are not a drain on the taxpayer, so what right do I have to tell them how to live.

I think the photo is sweet. Maybe should have been kept private, but, I think you are right in saying some of the hardcore Duggar fans would be greiving too, so maybe it was a selfless act to share something so private with the world.

2 Michelle { 12.29.11 at 11:36 pm }

I don’t agree with everything that the Duggars believe in or what they do and after Josie was born, I thought it may have opened their eyes to it being a “sign from God” that her body has had enough. Hopefully now they will see.
They have shared so much with the public both good and bad. I think this photo should have been just for them and their families to hold special to their hearts.

3 Marepoppin { 12.30.11 at 12:20 am }

The photo is beautiful and truly moving. I don’t know if it should be private; they share all of themselves with the viewing public and if acknowledging a lost baby in this way helps them to grieve then they should do it. Best wishes to them in the future but the practical side of me is suggesting no more pregnancies her body can’t handle….

4 Hotly Spiced { 12.30.11 at 7:17 am }

I guess it’s a case of ‘each to their own’ but I’m not sure we’re designed to carry 21 children through to full-term then nuture them for the next 18 or so years. One pregnancy is a physical strain but 21? I’d say her body is now worn out and perhaps they should stop breeding and look forward to grandchildren.

5 brain dead dave { 12.30.11 at 3:52 pm }

I get the feeling that if the publicity craving Duggars had the cash , they would have put on a bigger do than Kim Jong il’s farewell.

6 TaraMacca { 12.31.11 at 11:07 am }

I have been publicly critical of the Duggars on Twitter…I knew there was a new season coming up ’20 kids & counting’, but I had not heard this news. This is a tragedy…. I worry about the other children & the effect on their mental health. Michelle is always so calm & hypnotically philosophical, & it’s plain to see that the older children do most of the babysitting & homeschooling for the younger ones. The terror in the voice of Jill (??) speaking to 911 when Josie was sick, & the fact that the next youngest girl had to stay away from her Mother’s room & the new baby (when she is only a baby herself), was enough to convince me that Michelle should re-consider having more babies… I don’t know, I can’t stop watching it, but I don’t love it.

7 TaraMacca { 12.31.11 at 11:13 am }

Btw… Michelle apparently had pre-eclampsia when the twins (I don’t remember all of their names or ages) were born prematurely… She admitted that Doctors told her that it was dangerous to have more children even then, but I think they’re in the older age bracket so she ignored Doctors’ advice a LONG time ago.

8 Lebay { 01.02.12 at 5:41 pm }

Janna and John-David are twins, so are Jeramiah and Jeddadiah (my spelling sucks)
Janna and John -David are children 2 and 3 and the other twins are somewhere in the middle.