Curtis Stone To Host Another Show Called Around The World In 80 Plates

Curtis Stone is still feeling the love of the American networks with Bravo announcing he will host a new reality show called Around The World in 80 Plates.

Curtis already hosts Top Chef Masters on the Bravo Network.

The Examiner says the show will focus on 12 chefs traveling around 10 countries in 44 days  competing in a variety of food-related tasks. Curtis Stone will host it with Cat Cora who has been an Iron Chef on Iron Chef America.

Sounds like the show could be called The Amazing Plates!

Hopefully Arena TV will screen it over here in 2012.

1 SEDI { 01.09.12 at 6:36 am }

“Sounds like the show could be called The Amazing Plates!”

BOOM BOOM TISH!

Lol you know youre a reality television addict when you laugh at this joke! 😛

2 Reality Raver { 01.09.12 at 8:09 am }

SEDI Actually I was tired when I was writing it and had thought THAT was the actual name of the show, so don’t know what my brain was doing.

3 Food TV - non-starter | ...blah blog blah... { 01.09.12 at 9:31 am }

[…] Ravings’ take on the story is here.  She also has a piece on Curtis Stone’s new show, which perhaps fills the need for surfie-foodie-travelling types. Tweet food, […]

4 Culinary Boner { 01.09.12 at 10:51 am }

Curtis was a definite improvement on the anaemic Kelly Choi for Top Chef Masters. Good luck to him.

5 Calliegirl { 01.09.12 at 11:20 am }

Cannot understand why he is so popular. Hate his nasal tone, especially when he does the ads for Coles. I find I have to mute him!

6 Culinary Boner { 01.09.12 at 3:30 pm }

I presume she’s wearing heels so she can converse with Curtis’ navel rather than his…*ahem* ?

7 Reality Raver { 01.09.12 at 4:03 pm }

CB – She is gay, has been in a long term partnership and has four kids. What I love about Bravo TV productions is that it is never a big deal about whether the cast or contestants are gay or straight. One of the great things about reality TV most of the time it does not discriminate on sexuality.

8 Culinary Boner { 01.09.12 at 4:40 pm }

RR, thanks for the background.
I don’t know any more about her than this photo, which I presumed didn’t have her kneeling next to Australia’s Culinary Love God (sorry Manu) for the contents of his lunch box.
I disagree with your conclusion. There is still discrimination.
One only has to have watched Top Chef Deserts or Top Design to see discrimination on sexuality. But for the very reason that smart producers know that ‘effusive gays’, ‘bitchy queens’, and ‘no-nonsense lesbians’ often give better…
… put downs, emotional over-reactions and general straight-to-camera expressiveness than dour middle-aged, sexually-underemployed hetero guys like myself.
The more gays on reality TV, the better, in my opinion. They’re made for the format and spice it up in a way that boringly competitive alpha males generally can’t. Well, not unless they’re certifiable nut jobs anyway.
When’s TV’s hottest lesbian, Tabatha Coffey, back on?