Bethenny Frankel Has Quit Reality TV

Bethenny Β Frankel has announced there will be no more Bethenny Ever After as she does not want her daughter to grow up onscreen.

Anyway Bethenny does not need to work as she sold her Skinnygirl Margarita for $120 million (that figure may be exaggerated) anyway it was for a lot of money.

Bethenny spotted the opportunity that reality TV can give you earlier then most as was very canny about making it work for her. She started her career on a Martha Stewart reality show where she came runner up. Bethenny was a cook with a healthy bent. Then she turned it into a catering business, including some low calorie muffins, which she did when she was on the Real Housewives of New York.Β

Her slightly neurotic but vulnerable persona made her popular with fans and she was given her own reality show, Bethenny’s Getting Married.

She then developed the Skinnygirl Margarita, a low calorie drink, whilst she was on the show and promoted it madly, and then a company brought the drink concept from her for squillion of dollars.

The drink range has Skinnygirl Cosmopolitan as well. They have just been released in Australia.

Now for the sake of reality TV research I have tried both drinks. The margarita is good, in fact, for a pre-mixed drink it is really good, however the cosmo had no flavour at all it was just a sweet mess. I had to add more alcohol to it to give it some taste at all.

Anyhow don’t rule out seeing Bethenny again on our screens as she may work with Bravo again in the future. (Source: Socialite Life)

1 CG { 01.09.12 at 11:01 pm }

No matter how much $ she got from sale of Skinny Girl, this woman can not stay out of the public eye. What would she do? Seriously, can you see her leading a quiet life, raising her kid, becoming a charity matron, socialite, etc. – nup. Bethenny will be back! I think she will get divorced (is she still marrried) and we will get a Bethenny the psychotic divorcee on the make type show…and she’ll cook up a mid-life crisis product to flog. Hee, Martha must be jealous. Martha’s show was cancelled last week. At least Bethenny had good sense to quit her show before it was cancelled or her husband leaves and humiliates her a la Kate+8.

2 Alyssa { 01.09.12 at 11:08 pm }

I appreciate your ethics in journalism by testing the drinks. Girl after my own heart.

(Seriously, I LOVE your blog. It is the very first blog I read every day. Every. Single. Time. /suck job over.)

3 Reality Raver { 01.09.12 at 11:19 pm }

CG – I reckon she can’t get divorced as they may not have a pre-nup and she would lose out big time.

Alyssa – that is sweet of you. Thank you for reading the blog. BTW I had to buy three bottles of margaritas to ensure I really did like it.

4 Wurstsemmel { 01.10.12 at 8:42 am }

‘I had to add more alcohol to it to give it some taste at all.’

Nothing like thoroughness in research, RR! πŸ˜‰

5 Culinary Boner { 01.10.12 at 11:05 am }

Wonder what they’ll pay for my Skanky Girl(TM) range of vodka, Bundy, International Roast and milk pre-mixes?

6 Culinary Boner { 01.10.12 at 3:26 pm }

Skanky Girl(TM) Tornado Tonic Pre-mixes… for girls who like to swallow

7 Reality Raver { 01.10.12 at 4:14 pm }

CB – There is already Cougar Juice so maybe the market is already filled. http://cjvodka.com/wp-content/plugins/age-verification/age-verification.php?redirect_to=http://cjvodka.com%2F

8 Culinary Boner { 01.10.12 at 4:48 pm }

Thanks Raver. Just helped me with Mrs Boner’s next birthday pressie. I’m such a catch.

9 I'm Bummed { 01.19.12 at 9:13 pm }

NEWS FLASH it’s your face and personality that supports the sales of your products….don’t be silly…stay on the air for at least 5 more years and then you’ll be set…and you’ll maintain a good lifestyle as will your child and you’ll have extra for extra i.e., health issues in old age….seriously, think about that …and generally, we’ll miss you and soon poof! you know what happens…you’re gone and so is your income at the bright young age of ….?! I’m just sayin…