Young Talent Time – New Judge/Mentor Is Chucky Klapow

There must be no Australian talent or none that are available as yet again a person from the USA has been imported to fill in a judges role on a talent show.

However the kicker on this one is that very few people have ever heard of Chucky Klapow.

The press release says:

The California native has forged a stellar career as a dance instructor and performer, winning an Emmy Award for ‘Outstanding Choreography’ in the film ‘High School Musical’ and performing alongside some of the best in the business including Michael Jackson, Mick Jagger, and Paula Abdul, as well as roles on tv series, ‘So You Think You Can Dance’[US] and ‘Don’t Stop Believin’ [UK].

Also another contestant has been announced, Tyler is a 14 year old, who likes ’80’s rock.

1 Culinary Boner { 01.09.12 at 10:09 pm }

Kla-plunk…
wasn’t that a 70s kid’s toy?

2 SEDI { 01.09.12 at 10:44 pm }

This is sounding more like ‘My Kids A Star’ every day….

Where’s Danny Bonaduce when you need him?!?

3 Culinary Boner { 01.10.12 at 9:28 am }

Too right SEDI! I’m a great fan of the ‘Duce and would greatly welcome his snarky state of perpetual bemusement back onto our screens any time.

4 Mrs T { 01.10.12 at 9:53 am }

Channel 10 has the YTT add on high rotation and it’s making me want to hurt myself.
I don’t think i’ll be watching, however Danny Bonaduce would certainly entice me to change my mind :)

5 IanG { 01.10.12 at 11:10 am }

The show looks meh, no name judges kids who aren’t even great singers………………

6 Georgie { 01.11.12 at 7:30 am }

If Chucka Klappo is ‘just a choreographer’ why not give the job to our very own Dodge Coleman? He produced 623 shows last year alone and has danced alongside himself.

7 Culinary Boner { 01.11.12 at 9:21 am }

Good idea Georgie.
This show must surely need its very own Mr G as a role model in ego projection for these singin’ and dancin’ young ‘uns.
Young Panto Time or Young Diva Time would be a more contemporary concept than this tired old format.

8 Georgie { 01.11.12 at 12:56 pm }

Ah, the brilliant Chris Lilley. I’d love to see him produce a few ‘Reality’ shows in collaboration with Sacha Baron Cohen.

Mr G and Ali G!

9 Culinary Boner { 01.11.12 at 1:30 pm }

Ali G would be too educational…the man tells it how it iz:
On sex:-
Ali G: “Sex. You has probably heard the word out there. And some of you probably know what it means. For those of you who don’t, it means boning. But with boning comes responsi-lib-itys. Sex can lead to nasty things like herpes, gonorrhea, and something called relationships.”
On the importance of respect in society:-
“So, if this show teach you anything, it should teach you how to respek everyone: animals, children, bitches, spazmos, mingers, lezzers, fatty boombahs, and even gaylords. So, to all you lot watching this, but mainly to the normal people, respek. West side.”
On the science of the human brain:-
Ali G: Is the brain’s memory any good?
Dr. C. Everett Koop: The brain’s memory is perfect.
Ali G: Then how come I can’t remember me pin number?
Dr. C. Everett Koop: Well…
Ali G: I think it’s got like a 4 in it…
Dr. C. Everett Koop: I can give you a quick answer and say you’re stupid.
Ali G: Well, that obviously ain’t the real reason.
Dr. C. Everett Koop: Well, it’s the beginning of truth.

10 Georgie { 01.11.12 at 2:03 pm }

Agreed CB – and Chris Lilley ‘shows’ it how it is. Both styles of humour are embarrassing to our humanness and encourage those who take themselves too seriously, to ‘lighten up’.

11 Helen { 03.17.13 at 1:28 pm }

Well we saw how ‘successful’ this show was. What a load of crap. Right from the beginning…….