Please Marry My Boy Cast List Now Out And There Are Some Lookers

Please Marry My Boy will be kicking off the ratings year in Channel Seven.

The show is a dating reality show where their mothers pick the girls for their sons. The mum meets ten girls and speed dates them…. and then selects three to move in with her and her boy.

The show will be hosted by Ada Nicodemou.

Finally we get to meet the contestants:

Matt Kenny – 28 – Refrigeration and air-conditioning technician

He has five sisters but apparently is not smooth with the women. And no wonder he has not had much success if these are the type of dates he takes them on.

“My sister set me up on a blind date with her friend,” he admits. “It was horrible, we didn’t connect at all. So I just took her to KFC and then ending up sitting on the couch with her grandma watching the footy.”

His mother is Karen Kenny his a high school teacher and a mother of seven. What she thinks is a good wife is loyalty and someone that is a good companion.

Tony Turco – 35 – Manager of an International Transport Company

Tony could be the douche of the cast but he is certainly a hottie. However he wants a lot in a woman.

“My ideal woman would be a passionate, motivated person who has lots of positive energy and is generally very happy,” says Brisbane based Tony. “She is confident but not over confident.

“I like a girl who holds herself well in the way she walks as much as she does in a conversation. A good sense of humour is important.

What he thinks a good wife is is someone that loves him unconditionally and at the same time is his best friend.

Elva Turco his mother seems quite traditional so expect her to pick nice girls, she thinks a wife should be your best friend for life.

Brendan Smith 32 – Audio-Visual Business Owner

This guy appears quite nice what he wants in a wife is: A woman who is ready to have an adventure with me. She must be family orientated, adventurous, caring, active, driven to succeed, and must love to laugh. I have old fashion values, and she must be ready to be looked after.

His mother Anne Smith thinks you can test a potential daughter-in-law is to see if she “enjoys a good chat” and is“good with animals.”

Vlad Lalic – 30 – A Banking Executive

He appears to have a long list in his wants in a woman. Also he still lives at home which to me is a red herring. However he IS good looking.

“My ideal woman is caring and respectful to their family, friends and themselves,” he says. “A girl who likes to be challenged without being scared to voice their opinion. Someone who is loving, supportive, honest and loves music like I do. Music is what I live for, it’s a major passion.

“I like a girl who enjoys keeping fit and has some interest in sport. I like smart and talkative girls. I tend to be more attracted to girls with European ethnicity as I feel their family values are much stronger.”

Milena Lalic thinks good wife material is someone who will always love and respect her husband for better or worse.

I wonder if all the contestants will be living in the one house, as there could be romances popping up that the mothers will have no control over.

1 SEDI { 01.17.12 at 4:57 pm }

Interesting cast! Someone Iknow is one of the girls on the show, however was immediately refused by the mother. Will make for interesting viewing!

2 Georgie { 01.17.12 at 6:32 pm }

OMG I can hardly wait! Probably the main reason these guys aren’t already married is their interferring, over-protective mothers.

3 Leop { 01.17.12 at 7:30 pm }

Yes Georgie this show is going to be cringeworthy for sure – 3 in a relationship for-ever. No one is perfect enough for their sons and no one is perfect enough to do what mum does. What hope does any girl have – my advice, RUN

4 Culinary Boner { 01.17.12 at 8:37 pm }

Vlad – Banking Executive?
Unless he’s Vlad the Impaler…now don’t get too excited girls, just stick with me here… and senior enough to be running the retrenchments rather than be in the running for one, then he like a lot of bank execs may not be such a great catch.

5 Culinary Boner { 01.17.12 at 8:46 pm }

“His mother Anne Smith thinks you can test a potential daughter-in-law is to see if she “enjoys a good chat” and is“GOOD WITH ANIMALS.””

…since when did the Obedient Wives Club* specify that you have to be a “furry”?

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obedient_Wives_Club….
(Oh, may have link to wrong club here. I was after the Cronulla chapter.)

6 TV Girl { 01.18.12 at 10:34 am }

Sorry to be picky, but the show is called Please Marry My Boy, not Son…
Can’t wait to see the girls and their speed dates :-)

7 Culinary Boner { 01.18.12 at 1:49 pm }

“The mum meets ten girls and speed dates them…. and then selects three to move in with HER AND HER BOY.”

*Ahem* speaking as a dad, what happens to the fathers?
Do they have to sleep in the dog house?
Or are the families chosen on the basis that dad pissed off long ago because he remembered the ending to Oedipus Rex?

8 brain dead dave { 01.18.12 at 3:37 pm }

This will be like Momma’s Boys all over again. It was a top show.

Sure that’s not a typo for Vlad? He reads more like a Wanking Executive.

9 Chunks { 01.18.12 at 8:05 pm }

But where are the photos of these mummy’s boys? I must say RR, you’re deliciously shallow when it comes to the hot guys. I love it.

10 Maz { 01.18.12 at 10:36 pm }

Ultimate Ch7 cross-over Four Weddings and Please Marry My Boy.

11 Culinary Boner { 01.19.12 at 9:18 am }

De-coding Vlad-speak for any of you naive and gullible Muriels out there*…

“I like a girl who enjoys keeping fit and has some interest in sport.” – seems reasonable. But could simply boil down to “no fat dogs or fu’ugglies allowed near this hunk of spunk, thank you very muchly”.

“I like smart and talkative girls.” – don’t we all! Well at least until we marry them! Who’s up for being ‘talked at’ all the time and, most infuriating, losing every single argument because your missus deploys superior logical thinking and debating skills?

“I tend to be more attracted to girls with European ethnicity as I feel their family values are much stronger.” … Uh oh!!!!!
*Danger, danger Penny Robinson! Cardomone alert! Cardomone alert!* Most of us tend to be initially attracted to a woman because we want to shag her. But Vlad’s obviously capable of over-riding the incessant urgings of Capt Todger to keep his eyes firmly on the long-term prize – the ultimate in domestic appliances – a woman who values cooking, cleaning, ironing shirts, making coffee and nibblys for you and your mates, goes okay in the sack (on demand), is capable of popping out a brood of kids, is happy to stay at home and look after them…and… oh, did I mention ironing shirts?

Here’s the pattern. Treat ’em like a princess during the courting and a chattel after the marriage.

To be fair, Vlad may be about to break the mould on “European”/ “family values”. Which of you chicks out there is keen to roll the dice?

Hottness? Well this guy so hot, if he asked me nicely enough, I’d consider batting for the other team…

12 Georgie { 01.19.12 at 10:20 am }

CB – “the ultimate in domestic appliances”

Reminds me of the jokes –

‘Why do brides wear white? So they match all the other household appliances’.

‘What’s the definition of a wife? Something you screw on the bed and it does the housework for you’.

Beware of Vlad Milat!

13 Reality Raver { 01.19.12 at 10:55 am }

Agree Culinary Boner – definite Cardamone alert. He wants someone like his mum but must be a hottie as well. Also I read in the link you put up that he has never brought a girl home to introduce her to his mother. I suspect a madonna/whore complex going on.

Georgie – Exactly why I refuse to get married…

14 brain dead dave { 01.19.12 at 4:32 pm }

What’s the difference between a wife and a girlfriend?

About twenty five kilos.

15 TMC { 01.23.12 at 3:38 pm }

Should of been named
“marry me boy, Luv”

16 My Kitchen Rules and Please Marry My Boy To Air Mon 30 January | reality ravings { 01.25.12 at 9:31 am }

[…] The other show on Mondays is going to be trashtastic is Please Marry My Boy. It will screen at 8.30pm on Monday. I will post a review of episode one soon. This show based on the US program Momma’s Boys is a dating show where the mother selects the date for her sons. Go here to see the cast list for the show. […]

17 Please Marry My Boy – Trashtastic Viewing – Starts Tonight on Channel 7 at 8.30pm | reality ravings { 01.30.12 at 10:02 am }

[…] cast of the show is here, however it includes Matt Kenny and his mother Karen, Tony Turco and his mum Elva, Brendan Smith […]

18 Ellan { 01.31.12 at 12:23 am }

Karen was my high school pe teacher she was a bitch but kinda likeable the only way any girl will win is to not back down shell eat u alive if she sees weakness

19 Larissa { 01.31.12 at 9:22 am }

I auditioned for this after seeing it on FB. You’d be surprised how many girls had been sent by their agents. I’m sure they’re looking for love but screen time was high on the list. I don’t think I was picked because I asked them if they had “mentally, physically, financially, emotionally & spiritually fit men” lined up. I only ask for what I can offer 😉
They said they weren’t miracle workers & I said I prefer to be single than settling for 2nd best (plus, an incompatible man would find me terrible to live with)! We’re all connected anyway & life is FANTASTIC when you reach self actualisation! oh & I think they thought I was “different” as I’ve never bought a TV (figured I’ll watch it when I’m too old to move) 😉 xx

20 Culinary Boner { 01.31.12 at 9:46 am }

Seems you dodged a bullet Larissa.
BTW, I achieved “self actualisation’ myself last night whilst Mrs Boner wasn’t watching. And I felt fantastically at one with the cosmos…well, for a second or two. Then reality hit. Just saying.

21 Larissa { 02.06.12 at 10:17 pm }