The Biggest Loser Kicks Off With The Same Cliches As Last Year

Clearly The Biggest Loser has the same script writer as last year as it was the same cliches being mouthed by host Hayley Lewis and the four trainers, Michelle Bridges, Commando, Tiffany and Shannon.

Though to be fair how many ways can you say how sad their lives are, and the trainers are here to transform them. However I think what makes the contestant’s feel so ashamed is the look that the shows cast give them – it is a barely disguised look of disgust mixed with pity.

And the torture did not end there.

When Hayley said you won’t be facing the scales alone you thought maybe they were weighing in as teams. Hell no they were bringing in your friends and family so they can be humiliated in front of them whilst they were weighed in lycra.

The only bright spot for the contestants was the announcement that first prize had been increased to $250,000.

At the beginning of the episode they all had to stand around in the rain whilst all the trainers with their teams ran in. Michelle was training the over 30 women, Tiffany the under 30 women, Commando the over 30 men who all looked overweight, and Shannon had the under 30 men.

And their stories were all different but came back to common thread of low self esteem and self loathing. In fact there were some who admitted they had never had a girlfriend or boyfriend. However what is good is there is going to be some amazing transformations. Michelle is going to be stunning as she is gorgeous now. I thought her and James, the budding musician from Adelaide would make a cute couple. Also Brenda whose love of her life left her because of the struggle to fall pregnant will turn into a swan. For the guys I thought Simon has hottness potential.

However I hopefully when Graham Pilson loses all his fat it might reveal some personality as he was a little monotone, but he did seem like a genuine guy.

Tonight after all the introductions they only had time to weigh the over 3o females.

Lydia who is 34  was 141.9 kgs. I really like her and I get she has “given up” but I do wish she had washed and brushed her hair before weigh in.

Lisa was 42  and weighed in at 104.2 kgs. She is a single mum and wants to lose weight to find someone. She has not had a partner for 10 yesrs. Her mantra is it is time for me.

Margie is 34 but looked older weighed in at 159.1 kgs. She is an openly gay contestant and said she found Michelle Bridges pervalicious, which made me question her taste in women!

Brenda was 40 and weighed in at 120.9 kgs – She lost the love of her life because she struggled to get pregnant. He now has had kids with someone else.

Tomorrow night we see the rest of them hit the scales and we already know Ryan Preuss will weigh in at 240kgs which makes him the heaviest contestant to take part in the show. (Source: Sunday Telegraph)

1 SEDI { 01.24.12 at 8:46 am }

I tuned in to most of it, but one thing I was massively disappointed about was that it seems they reverted back to the really ssllloooowww format pre-families – where everything is dragged out, reactions, thoughts, feelings, weigh-ins etc. In the families edition I remember there was praise regarding the much quicker episodes.

While I will probably still tune in, I am not so keen on this season.

2 smauge { 01.24.12 at 8:55 am }

Well I didn’t already know Ryan Preuss will weigh in at 240kgs – but I do now.

3 Dazza { 01.24.12 at 9:02 am }

A bit drunk this morning. Played the “Journey” game last night. Had a drink for every time someone said “Journey”. My head hurts

4 Mrs T { 01.24.12 at 9:58 am }

Nice one Dazza, we were poised around the TV drinks in hand playing the “Journey / I’m doing this for my kids / crying” game. 30mins in my head was light and I was thinking perhaps we should narrow the criteria. Then the power went out. Whilst massively dissapointed at the time it was proably for the best, I’d probably have my head in the toilet right now. Plus I figured (& RR has confirmed) that the slowness of the show and editing would ensure that I won’t miss out on a thing.

5 kathl29 { 01.24.12 at 10:07 am }

Agreed the show was far too slow paced – I would have liked to have seen all the weigh ins done last night.

With them all being singles there was no need to do such a long individual story on them all as there stories were all essentially the same. They can’t reveal all the terrible things the contestants have been through at the start otherwise there would be no crying in the next few weeks.

I will keep going with it for this week but if it is still as slow next week I can see me changing to excess baggage and just dipping in and out of biggest loser once a week or so.

6 Culinary Boner { 01.24.12 at 10:18 am }

The crossovers to a doe-eyed and tearful Michelle laser beaming looks of pity at the contestants were just appalling. I thought the premise of this show is to help the fatties, not make them want to top themselves?

7 Amy { 01.24.12 at 11:41 am }

I always interpret Michelle’s facial expressions during those weigh ins as something along the lines of “Oh god, am I catching it? Am I catching the fat? Man, I gotta get out of here. I need to go run a marathon or something, I swear I can feel the fat creeping on, it’s like it’s mutating and jumping from them to me DEAR GOD GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!”

8 Culinary Boner { 01.24.12 at 11:53 am }

lol Amy
I can name one “fat” she should have no fear of “catching”.

9 Calliegirl { 01.24.12 at 12:05 pm }

You haven’t lost it CB. You still make me laugh. Although I must thank Amy for giving me a good laugh as well. About the show though – same old, same old!!

10 brain dead dave { 01.24.12 at 3:43 pm }

After looking at the appalling bodies of the Losers this year, I had to appreciate Maria Sharipova when I switched over to the tennis. What a contrast.

Love,lard and lucre . What an explosive mixture . Bring it on,whales.

11 The journey « PWE book theme – survival { 06.03.12 at 11:04 pm }

[…] on weight loss game show, The biggest loser. Dazza, a commentator on Reality Raver’s ‘The Biggest loser kicks off with the same cliches as last year‘, had this to say: A bit drunk this morning. Played the “Journey” game last night. Had a […]