Project Runway Mentor Tim Gunn Has Not Had Sex In 29 Years

This blog post was requested as a stand alone post rather then as a part of Reality Tidbits, which says a lot about what my readers want to discuss.

Tim Gunn the lovely and not unattractive mentor on Project Runway has revealed that he has not had sexual relations in 29 years. Yes  folks that is nearly three decades. It is not for any political reasons like wanting to save himself for marriage but it has not been legal for him to do so.

Dlisted writes that Tim Gunn revealed on his TV show that he had not had any horizontal or non-horizontal action for 29 years by his own choice.

Tim Gunn revealed:

“I haven’t had sex in 29 years. Do I feel like less of a person for it? No. Not even remotely.

It’s very personal. I was in a very intense relationship for a long time. And my partner ended it, saying that, quite frankly, he was impatient with my sexual performance.

I’m a perfectly fulfilled person, but it’s very physiological. I have feelings. It’s not as though I’m some barren forest. I don’t want to imply to anyone that I have a mandate that says no sex. I don’t. I don’t know what’s around the corner.”

It is not unusual for people to not have sex for up to 20 years but that is because it is illegal for the first 16 years of our lives, obviously the ex-boyfriend was emotionally abusive. Tim Gunn deserves a nice guy who do you think he should hook up with?

1 ericg { 01.27.12 at 9:11 am }

Well, I believe Tim has shied away from the company of men after his last partner. He is ‘scarred’ for life – I doubt it has got anything to do with gay marriages being legalised or not.

[Wouldn’t he feel lonely, at all? 29 years? Hm….]

2 librarygirl { 01.27.12 at 9:52 am }

Just TOO MUCH INFORMATION. Why oh why do people blab these things?
Honestly.

3 Anonymous { 01.27.12 at 9:56 am }

He said on Rove LA months ago that he was ‘homoromantic’ and that he’d ‘not been with anyone for years’ and that his working life was so full and satisfying he didn’t really have time or feel the lack. He’s also now an older guy which narrows down the field of interested other parties. I found his declaration on Rove dignified and encouraging – in a sea of sex-obsessed culture.

4 Culinary Boner { 01.27.12 at 10:20 am }

So here we have the psychological explanation as to why Tim has, stylistically, turned himself into a new Marvel Comics her0 – Mannequin Man – all suit, starch, tie, cologne and cuffs…but no grunt or messy fluids, thanks very muchly…Just imagine the dry cleaning bill, people?

Seems a pity in a way, because I always took that eyebrow arch to indicate some inherent wickedness, but I guess we aren’t all driven the perform pleasurable acts that evolved so we could replicate our DNA.

5 Marepoppin { 01.27.12 at 10:39 am }

I like Tim. I hope he’s happy living the way he chooses but is open to finding love. And it doesn’t matter that he’s a gay man revealing his personal life; any hetero man who said the same thing would be accused of homosexuality, most likely, so props to Tim for being candid

6 Reality Raver { 01.27.12 at 10:42 am }

Marepoppin – maybe Tim Gunn is straight and just does not want to admit it…. Imagine having a boyfriend who could style you in the morning.

7 Miss Piggy { 01.27.12 at 10:43 am }

Tim Gunn must be THE nicest man on television. He deserves to have a lovely partner who appreciates him, but at the end of the day he choices are his own.

8 Culinary Boner { 01.27.12 at 10:54 am }

Raver, I’m always up for a morning “styling”, as Mrs Boner can testify

9 Georgie { 01.27.12 at 11:18 am }

He hasn’t been living in a cave by any chance has he?

10 Harey Lem { 01.29.12 at 9:21 am }

¡Hi everyone! (I have to say that my english is not good, yet…I’m doing my best with this comment so, please, be nice)

I think that Tim is a handsome man who has made his own decision: Not get, sexually, involve with someone he doesn’t love. It’s very simple. I’m straight and I used to have a boyfriend who I really love, is not that I’m waiting for him (he’s still married), is just that…I want to be respectful with my feelings. Maybe something similar is happening to him.

11 Stacey { 01.31.12 at 2:58 pm }

This makes me a bit sad. It seems like he has been horribly treated in the past. 29 years is a hell of a long time! Who the hell cares if he’s gay or not, everybody needs some kind of lovin. :)

12 Harey Lem { 02.01.12 at 5:30 am }

@Stacey

Maybe he has been horribly treated and now he is scared that if he involves, emotionally, with someone else the same thing is going to happen. I know how that feels, is not a good feeling.

PD: Sorry again, my english is really bad.