The Biggest Loser – The First Weigh In – And Is Margie Stupid?
Well Margie just turned herself into the villain of The Biggest Loser by being the first one to cast a vote when in fact she didn’t have to and no one would have been eliminated. Was it tactical or was she just too thick to comprehend what Hayley had been telling her?
Hayley Lewis looked shocked like Margie had gone AWOL on The Biggest Loser script.
Tonight it was weigh-in and elimination night, and this resulted both the under 30 year-old teams members up for elimination. In fact this was interesting in itself as considering the younger ones have a faster metabolism.
Selena and Hamish were sent in to be voted out by the red and black team, however Hayley after whipping up hysteria revealed that if they did not want to vote anyone out this week they did not have to but the decision needs to be unanimous. Lydia had previously been bitch slapping Selena about her lack of effort, and Margie who I think has a little crush on her was backing her in.
So Alex starts the vote and says he is abstaining, and then Margie votes for Selena. Quite frankly understandably everyone was stunned. Hayley even asked her if Margie was playing the game and she denied this. She also said Selena needed to be there, and Hayley responded with an incredulous “she could have stayed”!
Also I suspect this manoeuvre by her will make her a pariah with her house mates and put a target on her back.
I truly believe she was just stupid. Anyway this meant Selena ended up being eliminated. Which was a pity as I don’t think she will have the motivation once she is outside the house.
Anyway it was the first weigh-in and as expected there were big numbers dropping. Interesting that some of the contestants can drop 10 kilos and not feel the difference.
The red team were the first to weigh in:
- Margie was first up and she lost 8.4 kgs so was down to 150.7 kgs;
- Brenda lost 7.7 kgs and now weighs 113 kgs;
- Lisa lost 6 kg is now 98.2 kg;
- Lydia 131.6kgs and lost 10.3 kgs.
Team has a total weight loss percentage of 6.16%
The White team (under 30 girls):
- Kasey weighed in at 125.9kg and lost 6.9 kgs;
- Michelle weighed in at 102.4 kgs which is a loss of 8 kgs;
- Bek – lost 5.3 kgs and now weighs 121.0 kgs;
- Selena weighed 158 kgs and lost 4.8 kgs.
Team weight loss percentage was 4.69%.
Selena was upset that she only lost a small amount and Hayley reassures her that she has lost nearly 5 kgs. It is a pity that Selena didn’t point out that the show places high expectations on contestants to drop big numbers.
Blue Team (under 30 boys):
- Luke weighed in at 137.3kgs and lost 7.9 kgs;
- Hamish weighed in at 143.8 kgs and lost 4.9 kgs;
- Ryan weighed in at 228.4kgs and has dropped 12.6 kgs;
- James weighed in at 126.4 kg lost 9.9 kgs.
Percentage of weight loss is 5.26 %.
Black team weigh in:
- Graham lost 11.3 kgs and now weighs 198kgs;
- Shane has lost 10.1 kgs and now weighs 154.7 kgs;
- Simon lost 9.9 kgs now weighs 154 kgs;
- Alex lost 10.7 kgs and now weighs 150kgs.
And with the extra 2 kgs they had a weight lost percentage of 6.29 kgs.
The two youngest people in the house, Hamish and Selena, were the two that lost the least and were put up for elimination. Did you think Margie do the right thing by voting or should she have abstained?