The Biggest Loser – The First Weigh In – And Is Margie Stupid?

Well Margie just turned herself into the villain of The Biggest Loser by being the first one to cast a vote when in fact she didn’t have to and no one would have been eliminated. Was it tactical or was she just too thick to comprehend what Hayley had been telling her?

Hayley Lewis looked shocked like Margie had gone AWOL on The Biggest Loser script.

Tonight it was weigh-in and elimination night, and this resulted both the under 30 year-old teams members up for elimination. In fact this was interesting in itself as considering the younger ones have a faster metabolism.

Selena and Hamish were sent in to be voted out by the red and black team, however Hayley after whipping up hysteria revealed that if they did not want to vote anyone out this week they did not have to but the decision needs to be unanimous.  Lydia had previously been bitch slapping Selena about her lack of effort, and Margie who I think has a little crush on her was backing her in.

So Alex starts the vote and says he is abstaining, and then Margie votes for Selena. Quite frankly understandably everyone was stunned.  Hayley even asked her if Margie was playing the game and she denied this. She also said Selena needed to be there, and Hayley responded with an incredulous “she could have stayed”!

Also I suspect this manoeuvre by her will make her a pariah with her house mates and put a target on her back.

I truly believe she was just stupid. Anyway this meant Selena ended up being eliminated. Which was a pity as I don’t think she will have the motivation once she is outside the house.

Anyway it was the first weigh-in and as expected there were big numbers dropping. Interesting that some of the contestants can drop 10 kilos and not feel the difference.

The red team were the first to weigh in:

• Margie was first up and she lost 8.4 kgs so was down to 150.7 kgs;
  • Brenda lost 7.7 kgs and now weighs 113 kgs;
  • Lisa lost 6 kg is now 98.2 kg;
  • Lydia 131.6kgs and lost 10.3 kgs.

Team has a total weight loss percentage of 6.16%

The White team (under 30 girls):

• Kasey weighed in at 125.9kg and lost 6.9 kgs;
  • Michelle weighed in at 102.4 kgs which is a loss of 8 kgs;
  • Bek – lost 5.3 kgs and now weighs 121.0 kgs;
  • Selena weighed 158 kgs and lost 4.8 kgs.

Team weight loss percentage was 4.69%.

Selena was upset that she only lost a small amount and Hayley reassures her that she has lost nearly 5 kgs. It is a pity that Selena didn’t point out that the show places high expectations on contestants to drop big numbers.

Blue Team (under 30 boys):

• Luke weighed in at 137.3kgs and lost 7.9 kgs;
  • Hamish weighed in at 143.8 kgs and lost 4.9 kgs;
  • Ryan weighed in at 228.4kgs and has dropped 12.6 kgs;
  • James weighed in at 126.4 kg lost 9.9 kgs.

Percentage of weight loss is  5.26 %.

Black team weigh in:

• Graham lost 11.3 kgs and now weighs 198kgs;
  • Shane has lost 10.1 kgs and now weighs 154.7 kgs;
  • Simon lost 9.9 kgs now weighs 154 kgs;
  • Alex lost 10.7 kgs and now weighs 150kgs.

And with the extra 2 kgs they had a weight lost percentage of 6.29 kgs.

The two youngest people in the house, Hamish and Selena, were the two that lost the least and were put up for elimination. Did you think Margie do the right thing by voting or should she have abstained?

1 SaintsDeano { 01.30.12 at 10:14 pm }

I think Margie knew what she was doing. Enjoys eliminating people more than Mitt Romney. Margie will now pay the price. The gloves are off in the first week.

2 Sonia { 01.30.12 at 10:16 pm }

Ok so I’m not watching biggest loser this season as I’m committing to excess baggage. I really hate the first weigh in and elimination it just seems so unfair. Missed the start of excess baggage but enjoyed it. I love dipper but god I already hate that paparazzi guy

3 Lisa { 01.30.12 at 10:27 pm }

I think Margie just released her inner bitch, following Lydia.

4 brain dead dave { 01.30.12 at 10:28 pm }

I think Margie knew what she was doing. Ugly personality in an even uglier package.

5 littlepetal { 01.30.12 at 10:53 pm }

Its look like the red team has some strong and bitchy characters. Michelle will get her hands full.

6 Bron { 01.30.12 at 11:06 pm }

Odd. Maybe Margie was just cheezed at being put through the anguish of having to choose, just to be told, ‘Only joking, nobody has to be voted out.’ BL set them up, hoping someone would fall for it.

7 Kate { 01.31.12 at 12:41 am }

Well having spent the past 3 months campaigning to get Vile Kyle Sandilands off air, I’m seriously thinking of starting up a new campaign to get Margie off The Biggest Loser (lol) What a beast. She’s nearly twice the age as Selena and still hasn’t taken it upon herself to change her life. Absolutely appalling behaviour, I thought!!

8 JM { 01.31.12 at 6:55 am }

I’m angry because Selena has overcome deafness and although she clearly was slacking around this week and needed a kick up the behind deserved another chance.

9 smauge { 01.31.12 at 7:34 am }

I just hope when the back lash inevitably hits Margie, she doesn’t cry “discrimination” ala Deni Hines.
It was a stupid move because a) Selina has paid the price for her hard headedness and b) she has just guaranteed she will be the villain with housemates and viewers. She’d better hope the white team don’t get a chance to vote on her time in the house.

10 Micky { 01.31.12 at 7:34 am }

I am absolutely appalled at Margie’s insensitivity. She has been given a once in a lifetime opportunity, and in a vile display of spite she willingly took that same chance from someone else. It was only the first week after all, it can take some time to get to know the ropes. I agree with brain dead dave, she’s shown us what she’s really like on the inside.

11 Richard { 01.31.12 at 8:16 am }

Hello? It is a game – part of which you have to vote people off. It is no good getting all sooky la la about it as voting people off has to happen or the show would go on forever! Who is to say this “you can choose to abstain to vote” thing does not happen every week. Margie was unlucky in the seating order as perhaps someone else would have still voted and been cast as the villain. Some of the others continued to vote.

12 smauge { 01.31.12 at 8:21 am }

I question how many of the others would have voted if Margie didn’t. I don’t believe that the ones who voted for Hamish would have . But once there was a vote on the board for Selena, their hand was forced to save her.
Also, despite the fact she bagged Selena out at the beginning, would Lydia have had the guts to vote her out if everyone else chose not to vote? That would have been a tough call.

13 MLC { 01.31.12 at 8:29 am }

What a vile creature Margie is. Exactly right about her being much older and taking this long to get the point she needs to lose weight. They should swap her for Selena back. I hope the fact everyone is annoyed at her makes her quit. What an awful woman. I think she will have trouble finding love now people know what she’s really like.

14 Candice { 01.31.12 at 9:20 am }

Maybe some of the blame should be laid at the doorstep of the snitch from the white team! Rebekah is besties with two of the red team (Margie and Brenda??); this has been commented on as a source of worry re voting situations and non-team alliances by two of the white team. So presumably Bec complained re Selena’s lazy attitude etc. Selena didn’t help herself by offering up lame excuses and not just owning that she’d not pushed herself enough perhaps, or even just saying Yeah, I lost the least (and I am the fattest woman of any age group here!) and leaving it there. The whining and the lying and the blamin of their beloved Bek didn’t go down to well with three of the red women who had smoke coming out of their ears. She’s also the youngest. Maybe that attitude is why she’s so fat – she makes excuses and bails out and eats when it all gets too hard. I think it’s a lot harder to lose weight and exercise when you’re older and defeated by life and have decades of ingrained bad habits and it actually hurts to shift your fat old arse. But Margie made a very bad move in getting hotheaded about it all and voting her out as a punishment. Well, more exciting than Excess Baggage!

15 littlepetal { 01.31.12 at 10:03 am }

I think all of them need to be in TBL. Why be a villain when you have a chance not to eliminate anyone? I don’t think Selena will be a threat and it will not be every week that they say you don’t have to vote anyone out. If no one get voted out, the producers will not allow the contestants to have a choice of to vote or not vote somebody out in the next elimination.

Maybe is they want to make the elimination more exciting and to show the sincerity of the contestants maybe they could say if you want to opt out from voting, you will have 0.5kg add in to their next weigh in!!! I guess everyone will vote then.

16 Culinary Boner { 01.31.12 at 10:04 am }

Who won the Battle of the Bargearses?
TBL or Excess Baggage?
Haven’t managed to catch Excess Baggage yet.
Was Ajay smokin’?

17 Jazellie { 01.31.12 at 10:22 am }

I watched in disgust as Margie cast her vote against Selena where she didn’t have to. I can not wait for this cruel thing to be voted off. What a horrible example of a human. Selena has had an incredibly hard life, she was bullied and a child and everyone who viewed last nights epioside witnessed her STILL being bullied on national tv by Margie.
Margie you are disgusting I cant wait for you to go

18 Calliegirl { 01.31.12 at 10:38 am }

Watched Excess Baggage last night CB. Ajay was fantastic. Love her. So down to earth and realistic.

19 Culinary Boner { 01.31.12 at 10:46 am }

Stop it, calliegirl…
I’m at work. I…I…don’t want an… *ahem*… incident

20 Calliegirl { 01.31.12 at 11:05 am }

Sorry CB – I’ll save it up for tonight, although she is so tiny she could probably fit under your desk!!

21 brain dead dave { 01.31.12 at 11:21 am }

I’m hoping someone stabs Margie in the backflaps real soon. Already had a gutful of the rotund razorback.
Can’t wait til the Commando chews her fat arse out tonight.

22 Reality Raver { 01.31.12 at 11:29 am }

Culinary Boner – Excess Baggage rated 880,000 and TBL 698,000. It will be interesting to see what happens tonight.

23 Culinary Boner { 01.31.12 at 11:35 am }

So neither did well, Raver? What beat them?

24 Mahlia { 01.31.12 at 11:44 am }

There’s more to this than meets the eye I think. There was worry about about an alliance between the red team and Rebekah prior to last night’s episode. Don’t think it’s a coincidence that Selena has gone when she didn’t have to leave.

25 smauge { 01.31.12 at 12:15 pm }

Hopefully people will get to see the real Ajay now and me and CB won’t be her only fans.

26 MP { 01.31.12 at 2:59 pm }

I think a previous comment said it perfectly. An ugly personality in an even uglier package. It’s definitely not only her weight that keeps her single.

27 brain dead dave { 01.31.12 at 4:19 pm }

Geez ,I’ve just watched the encore again and Bargie and Lardia are a nasty,vindictive pair of cane toads.

28 Andrea { 01.31.12 at 4:54 pm }

Ive just watched the encore ( we are backwards here in QLD, no daylight saving) anyway I agree with most of the comments so far, it was just so mean to send anyone home when it wasnt necessary.Margie seems very spiteful and it will be very interesting tonight to see the backlash from all this. They should change the rules and never eliminate anyone at all so we can see them all progress through the weeks and make the winner the one whose lost the most weight. At the very least there should be no eliminations in the first week. Hopefully Selena will come back into the show later.

29 Lisa { 01.31.12 at 8:07 pm }

Margie and Lydia, what two nasty people, regardless of their weight loss, they will never truly be beautiful with all that ugliness on the inside. They should be ashamed of themselves and perhaps they are single for other reasons than being overweight.

30 Shazza { 01.31.12 at 8:33 pm }

Margie is a cunning bitch!! She knew exactly what she was doing and if you recall actually smiled before voting selina out. Lydia started the ball rolling but put her hand up when asked who would have abstained from voting. Hope every one remembers when they are unfortunate
enough to go up for elimination. Both are really nasty and judgmental, no wonder they are single!!!

31 Tim { 01.31.12 at 8:37 pm }

Margie is a hypocrite. I wonder how many opportunities Margie has had in her lifetime to change her life around, yet gave into temptation or gave up. Many have been there, myself included. How can she say Selena doesn’t deserve a second chance, when Margie herself is getting a second (third, fourth maybe even 100th) chance by being on the show.

32 littlepetal { 01.31.12 at 9:02 pm }

Is Margie the one who said she was a Size 12 – 14, 6 years ago when she was only 94kg? I can’t see a 94kg being a size 12. I weighed 60kg and I am mostly a size 10 (sometimes even a size 12). Margie is a liar.

33 brain dead dave { 01.31.12 at 9:07 pm }

I don’t buy that Lydia was going to abstain from voting. She was nodding assent to a lot of what Margie said in the elimination room.

They both chucked highly entertaining tantrums ,however. Michelle Bridges calling Margie “beautiful”…. .What a gold porky!

34 smauge { 01.31.12 at 9:24 pm }

If everyone else abstained, I don’t think Lydia would have had the guts to do it.

35 brain dead dave { 01.31.12 at 9:29 pm }

Lydia ‘s got plenty of guts, camel toe and cankles…but no courage.

36 Ashlee { 02.01.12 at 12:07 am }

Margie’s reasoning for voting Selena out was flawed. She said “they both need to be here” or something along those lines but then proceeded to vote when she didn’t need to! She is definitely playing the game! Yes, Selena might have been slacker than others in the house but 5kg in one week is still pretty good and she should have been given a second chance. Margie went on and on about how young she is and how she just “doesn’t get it” when clearly she doesn’t either! She’s much older than Selena and should have figured out this whole “healthy” thing a long time ago. On the plus side I have seen Selena at my local gym and it looks like she has lost more weight since the show, I hope she shows them that she can do it on the outside!

37 Abi { 02.02.12 at 10:53 pm }

I think brain dead dave describes the situation and people beautifully. I agree with his sentiments entirely and find them very funny. Thanks. Having been shocked and dismayed at Margie’s ridiculous bloody mindedness ( “I came here to vote and that is my mindset!!!” UH!) or quite possibly stupidity, I was ready to give her the benefit of the doubt until I saw her response to the news that Selena is coming back. Is she for real????

38 brain dead dave { 02.02.12 at 11:00 pm }

That’s kind of you,Abi. Thanks,too.

39 lets vote margie off { 03.01.12 at 10:46 pm }

unbelievable what that Margie comes out with, what a disgusting human being