The Biggest Loser – Selena Is Back

The Biggest Loser had more twists and turns then a Hitchcock thriller last night. First of all Shane from the black team “selected” the one box in three that would allow Selena back in the game.

I suspect him picking that box were the same odds as Excess Baggage contestants finding a parcel with their name on as they stumbled around the outback.

Also I am not sure the prize of getting Selena back into the game is the advantage they thought they were winning in the physical challenge the episode before. She also gets immunity from the next elimination.

Margie was predictably not happy about the news and said it was pathetic. Lydia was also displeased.

After a run on the beach where Tiffiny revealed her philosophy on training saying “that’s the way it should be every workout, feeling sick from it.”

We also found out the lovely Michelle suffers from anxiety, and Hamish’s father had raced in the Tour De France. I think Hamish’s parents have to take responsibility for some of his obesity.

Also it was sad that Belinda had been unable to lose weight to do IVF and her inaction on this important meant her husband went and had a family with someone else. Something I don’t think he should be vilified for.

Then it was in to the Sydney town hall for temptation. The person eating the most calories would win $30,000 in gold bullion. James was smart and ate his daily calorie intake, as did Lisa who thought 70 calories might just get her over the line. It was a good strategy.

Not sure why Luke was so peeved at James, if he does not eat for the rest of the day he won’t put on weight, nor will Lisa. Clearly they must be meant to starve themselves.

However any of them would know from last year that there is a twist with this, which I think is underhand. After after James is told he won he is told there are conditions now attached to him taking the prize. If he takes it he must leave the house and it the $30,000 will also be subtracted from the $250,000. I am surprised he didn’t have to sit through a time-share presentation either….

The viewer has to wait for the decision. I doubt he will take it.

1 imaketheshow (formerly SEDI) { 02.02.12 at 11:56 am }

All that drama and then Selena comes back! Geez its more like an episode of Bold and the Beautiful every time I watch it.

For a chance to win $30,000 who wouldn’t try and eat everything on that table?? I couldn’t possibly understand why any of the trainers will berate them for that, considering 900 calories is not much in the scheme of things.

2 brain dead dave { 02.02.12 at 12:13 pm }

I think Luke fancies himself as an alpha male. He was all talk and no torque in the last challenge. He’s merely an alpha lardar$e.

James was smart. I hope he takes the thirty grand .

Suck it up, Margie. The look on her acne scarred face was a highlight of the show.

3 littlepetal { 02.02.12 at 3:51 pm }

Did you notice someone from the Black Team has a sling on his arm and also Brenda has some ankle injury? These form of extreme training for obese people is bad.

4 brain dead dave { 02.02.12 at 3:56 pm }

Yeah the guy with the bullfrog chin…I noticed his sling.

Not sure about Teethany’s teddy/training singlet either.

5 brain dead dave { 02.02.12 at 4:40 pm }

Shannan is getting stuck into James saying $30,000 is not going to buy his way out of a box.

However, it’ll buy his way to a treadmill, some weights and an exit from a celebrity obsessed trainer that endorses snake oil arthritis cures for bucks. James should take the cash and get away from Mother Goose Luke,too.

6 littlepetal { 02.02.12 at 7:25 pm }

No wonder we hardly see the Black team train. All of them have an injury – Achilles, hamstrings, quads and shoulders. Good job Commando!!!!

7 Andrea { 02.02.12 at 7:28 pm }

If I was James I would take the money and run! At least he leaves the show with something as not everyone can win. He probably wont though as he will be made to feel so guilty if he does. They always have a catch like this so he should have known what would happen. Also the choosing of the mystery box was too much of a coincidence to be true!

8 brain dead dave { 02.02.12 at 8:11 pm }

“Sheep are the most stubbornest animals ever”….maybe but I’ll wager that they’re smarter some of these contestants.

9 seepi { 02.02.12 at 10:06 pm }

Take the money and run!

Why wouldn’t you? One of them will be out next week and they will leave with nothing at all. Thirty thou is pretty good.

10 brain dead dave { 02.02.12 at 10:39 pm }

Wouldn’t you just get the sheep ,turn it over and drag it on it’s ar$e ,like shearers do?

Margie -Red Dog.

11 brain dead dave { 02.02.12 at 11:08 pm }

TBL has tended to favour younger males as winners in the past. The only reason I’d see for James staying is if he thinks he can go all the way and get the 250 grand. He might need alliances or have to train 24/7 like that guy Chris Martin( not the bozo in Coldplay) who won a few years ago.

12 littlepetal { 02.06.12 at 5:36 pm }

Spoilers everywhere on FB. There is a photo of the weight loss Leaderboard upto Wk 6. I know who lost the most weight from Wk 2 to Wk 6. Is Channel Ten doing the leak themselves? to make people talk about them? Like they leaked about the eviction of someone for drinking.

13 A { 02.10.12 at 2:01 pm }

Where did the author of this blog learn how to write? Go back to primary school and learn how to write a complete sentence…this was painful to read.

14 brain dead dave { 02.10.12 at 2:20 pm }

(crickets)

15 Georgie { 02.10.12 at 3:31 pm }

Shh, you might scare them away.

16 Thumb Tac { 02.14.12 at 8:26 pm }

dude thanks for the information. but could you proofread your blogging before posting it. adios

17 Georgie { 02.14.12 at 10:12 pm }

Of course your grammar is exemplary.

18 brain dead dave { 02.14.12 at 11:25 pm }

“Proof-read” is two words. Hyphenated.

19 Georgie { 02.14.12 at 11:54 pm }

Is ‘dickhead’ one word or two bdd?

20 brain dead dave { 02.14.12 at 11:58 pm }

It depends. There was a SA sporting legend named Dick Head. Those were different times.

21 Georgie { 02.15.12 at 12:05 am }

I’ve come across a few dick heads in my time but never one that was a sporting legend. Which sport did he play?

Now hang on, I just realised a lot of sporting legends are dick heads – thilly me!

22 brain dead dave { 02.15.12 at 12:06 am }

Aussie Rules.

He won SA’s highest award for this sport in 1909.

23 Georgie { 02.15.12 at 12:19 am }

Well I didn’t know that, but then being from NSW, I’m not really up on Aussie Rules.

You’d think his parents would have had enough foresight to give ‘Richard’ a miss with a surname like that.